PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Shelby GT500 Take-Off Suspension

VetteHunter
11-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I am looking for new or used Shelby GT-500 shocks, struts, upper strut mounts, and sway bars. If anyone has any knowledge on where to get these parts for relatively cheap, or if you're selling them, please let me know. You can PM me.:takeoff:

sonicx
11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Why are you looking at getting GT500 parts, Just curious... what are your plans for your car (Street, auto-x, drag, DD)? H&R Super Sport Springs will give you pretty much the same feel/ preformance: cheaper & w/o the hassle of searching. As for shocks i'd rec. Tokico D-Spec Adjustable shock/stuts. Idk too much for specific sway bars so im going to pass on trying to answer that one (sorry). BUT i'd look inot getting full length sub frame connectors from Maxium Motorsports. Trust me, firms up your suspension. Also have you upgraded your LCA's?

VetteHunter
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
the shelby shocks and struts are essentially the best bang for the buck, if you get them as NTO instead of new; one of the guys over at allfordmustangs.com wrote an excellent write using NTO GT500 parts. Basically he took the shelby shocks/struts, Steeda ultralite srpings, the Shelby front/rear sway bars, and made a killer suspension for aroun $500
As far as LCA and UCA I've had my eyes on the J&M ones; also BMR; just waiting til later for those. It'll depend on the price at the time of purchase

sonicx
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I guess whatever works. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?

.... I guess its no different than the new edge guys wanting a better platform so they swap out parts with a termi cobra (IRS swap) or even on a smaller scale going with the bullitt suspension pack. But hey everyones got different opinions & different aims. But i'd seriously go onto maxium motorsports website and search around there. They make the best parts hands down in terms of suspension & handling for our cars. I wouldn't buy from any other product. Unless I got a heck of a great discounted price.

sonicx
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I'll help you out OP with your quest. I've searched high & low and here is the best deal on the internet for hopefully what you're looking for:

2005-2009 Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Suspension Package ($209)
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=722cPath=26_91
2007 - 2008 SVT Shelby 1.25 inch Lowering Springs ($199)
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=680cPath=26
2005-2010 Mustang GT Coupe Front Lower A-Arm Brace Kit ($60)
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=729cPath=26

Good luck

VetteHunter
11-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the links, I saw those KR Struts advertised on other forums. Any word on them? It's a little strange that they're so cheap. I'm guessing Shelby didn't get as many takers as they thought they would on KR....:splat2:

sonicx
11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the links, I saw those KR Struts advertised on other forums. Any word on them? It's a little strange that they're so cheap. I'm guessing Shelby didn't get as many takers as they thought they would on KR....:splat2:

Yes... I've along with a few others i've told have bought off the website. Its legit, its a sub-division of Ford Motor company (parts-division) that sells parts at cost (hence why its cheap).

VetteHunter
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
ahhh that makes sense! So whats your opinion on the aftermarket suspension systems for S197 GTs... eibach, steeda, FRPP, BMR, whats the way to go?

sonicx
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
ahhh that makes sense! So whats your opinion on the aftermarket suspension systems for S197 GTs... eibach, steeda, FRPP, BMR, whats the way to go?

When picking out your suspension, the first step should be to look at what your end goals are: more competent street driving, drag racing, lapping days, full racing. No suspension setup will be ideal for all of those conditions.

Like a good question to ask, "do you want to corner carve or hook up and go when you get on it?" > Both call for different setups.

At the same time, the typical daily mustang driver who's on a budget chooses a set-up that will make the car fun to drive on a daily. Each of the above companies (listed in your post) makes suspension parts that are aim at different markets.

Here's my personal opinion: I'd go with a nice corner carving setup. You'll see alot go the drag setups and to me its a waste because we don't have as many places to go strip racing as lets say (southern states), my thing i told myself is why have a car thats only fun for 13 seconds at a time and a fat pig the rest of the time, when you can have a setup that makes the car fun 100% of the time? even a "corner carving" setup will be a bit better than stock suspension in a drag scenario, however the other way around doesnt work out to well. Note: drag setup wont be better than stock setup in the twisties.

Until you decide its hard to say. If your hardcore auto-x or drag racer i HIGHLY advise you to call up Maxium Motorsports: (888) 378 8830. They are more than willing to help you step-by-step picking the right parts for your needs while eliminating unneeded suspension parts that you may thing you need. Yet another reason why when it comes to suspension Maxium Motorsports is on top. (customor service A+).

VetteHunter
11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
i definately want that cornering capability; i agree that a 1/4 mile mustang is almost too common, and it's time to break the stereotype

ShelbyJoe
11-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes... I've along with a few others i've told have bought off the website. Its legit, its a sub-division of Ford Motor company (parts-division) that sells parts at cost (hence why its cheap).

Nope. Buyfordracing is a dealer. They buy in bulk and made a good buy on stuff like the "KR" suspension pieces.

http://www.buyfordracing.com/about.php

sonicx
11-11-2010, 09:29 PM
i definately want that cornering capability; i agree that a 1/4 mile mustang is almost too common, and it's time to break the stereotype

Then I def would call up MM. They'll help you out (piece together a set-up your looking for) even if you don't buy there parts. They do carry other brands too in additions to theirs. But my personal opinion is there are the best. HAHA kinda sounds like a plug for them (trust me it aint) I am not recieving a cent or parts for it. lol

Nope. Buyfordracing is a dealer. They buy in bulk and made a good buy on stuff like the "KR" suspension pieces.

http://www.buyfordracing.com/about.php

I apologize, I guess I shouldn't shouldn't sound like I known something if i just assume it.

VetteHunter
11-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I'll check out the MM website before its too late:microcook:

VetteHunter
11-12-2010, 04:13 PM
ok i just browsed their site, not bad! They have a pretty decent selection on suspensions parts. I noticed their panhard rod is nicely priced!!!

sonicx
11-12-2010, 10:33 PM
ok i just browsed their site, not bad! They have a pretty decent selection on suspensions parts. I noticed their panhard rod is nicely priced!!!

If you call em up... talk to em (def talk up there product n such) chances are you'll get a small discount of a couple percent off your order man.