PDA

View Full Version : "one last cruise"

BlownSVT
03-26-2010, 03:17 PM
On sunday some of the guys from Ricekiller.com are planning to do a tribute cruise for fallen Ricekiller member and fellow car enthusiast Mike Dixon. Mike has been a friend of mine for a number of years. We of course met through the car hobby. He was never a ford guy speciffically (camaro owner) but he was a great friend to all who knew him and one the the few genuine nice guys you will ever meet. Most of you probably never met Mike but some of you who attended events he was at may have. He was 24 years old and getting ready to graduate this may from University of Wisconsin Stout with a degree in Business Administration. He had found a girl he really cared for and was pretty well ready to settle down. All of that changed on March 13th. Mike was walking on campus shortly after midnight on thurs night/friday morning when he was struck by a vehicle driven by a driver under the influence as he proceeded through the crosswalk. Mike was rushed to the hospital in critical condition with both legs broken among other injuries and trauma. He had been in the hospital up until tuesday night (23rd) when he died from his injuries.

Mikes wake and funeral will be held on moday night with the funeral to follow on tuesday in mcgregor MN. The guys from RKC are planning to do a tribute cruise in Mikes honor on sunday the 28th. Meeting at 2pm at porky's with intentions of heading to the place where mike was killed and then back. Some people are hoping to make a video and edit it for Mike's parents. All are invited to attend whether you knew mike personally or not we are all connected by out pasion for cars.

SnakeByte
03-26-2010, 03:32 PM
That sucks, Sorry for your tragic loss Nick......:-<

That's why we all need to get right with the Lord today.

Cause life's here today, and gone tomorrow....:eyetwitch:

We just never know when our numbers up?

GMan
03-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear that Nick!

FlipFlop
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
So sorry to hear about the tragic accident and loss of your friend. Mike and his family will be in my prayers.

Signed,
FlipFlop, UW-Stout Grad

DNeinstadt
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Man that is really sad. I'm sorry to hear the news. I'll keep this in mind for that day. Would be nice to see a good turnout for a fellow car guy, no matter what the preferred make..

Stilz
03-27-2010, 05:44 AM
If I can get a babysitter, I'm in for this. I can skip working on the csvt for a day for something like this.

shadowMN
03-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear about that, Nick. Nice to see the car community doing a tribute cruise for your friend.

Stilz
03-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Is there a link for the RKC post?

Grenade
03-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Nice to see his friends are honoring him.

BlownSVT
03-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Is there a link for the RKC post?

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83735

Stilz
03-27-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83735

Thank you.
*edit*
Im still working on recovering my acct from a while back. Can you do a +1 for a decal plz.

BlownSVT
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
i ordered 20 of them so i should have a couple extras. can always get more as well.

Stilz
03-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Well... yet another slap in the face. Got the SVTF all cleaned, and washed and ready to go this morning. Made lunch, then went to get ready to go... looked down at my floor mat and there was fluid everywhere. Checked it out, and my clutch master went out... :boohoo:
So I unfortunately won't be joining.

BlownSVT
03-28-2010, 07:21 PM
it was a good day all in all even though it was for a sad cause. We hung a sign and left flowers and balloons at the intersection where he was killed. One of the ifficers that was at the scene the night of the incident stopped and talked with us for a while too.