PDA

View Full Version : Review your 2010 Car Season

HELLFYR
11-24-2010, 08:51 AM
From the wet/cool conditions at the Tenvoorde Mustang Run to the toasty-warm cruise through the Black Hills at the Sturgis Mustang Rally, and the final cruise (and mini-golf... how can we forget the water hazard laden mini-golf) through the Wisconsin Dells with the Wisconsin SVTOA chapter... Jennifer and I had a blast this past car season.

Events we attended this season:

Movie and Pizza Night at the Neinstadt's
Video Game Party and Burger Night at the Neinstadt's
Spring kick-off cruise to Stillwater
Tenvoorde Mustang Run
AVF Spring Show
Burger Night at Sarnas
Amery Autocross
MNFE Poker Run
Car Craft Summer Nationals (and the battle of the cobras in the Real Street Event... 1hp Dan... 1hp)
COM Autocross at DCTC
Burger Night at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill
Austin MN Holiday Ford All Ford Car Show
Sturgis Mustang Rally / Drag Racing / Auto-Cross / Cruise / Car Show / PARTY!
MNFE Fall Car Show
MNFE Night at Target Field (Twins Game)
MNFE Night at Elko Speedway
Wisconsin Dells Cruise
Lots of club meetings and dinner outings afterwards
Also put the car on the dyno numerous times this year as well

DB Performance - Spring Tune Up following blower upgrade - 527rwhp
Tenvoorde Show / Cruise - 486rwhp
Car Craft Summer Nationals - 510rwhp
Austin Car Show / Cruise - 507rwhp
All in all a VERY busy car season. Does it really have to end ? :(

With all the club name change items out of the way now, and a full staff of Directors chomping at the bit to get things going, we can start focussing on even more events for this coming year.

Thank you for being members and Happy Holidays!

Hope to see you all at the Holiday Party!

Rod Strumbel - MNFE Assistant Director

sonicx
11-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Didn't join (MN Fords) til July but imo since then i think th best or one of the best since july was the: MNFE Night at Elko Speedway

MadJack
11-24-2010, 09:21 AM
had a great car show season, didnt join till june i think, but everytime we hung out with everyone we had a great time! next year will be better , i hope lol

notnss
11-24-2010, 09:40 AM
My car might have had 800 miles put on it this year. Mostly driving to and from Car Craft :lol2: Favorite event is Car Craft, that's the one thing I look forward to every year.

1991lx
11-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Tennvoorde, AVF spring show, Saturday nights in Anoka when I could and a few local shows and cruises... Not many miles this year...

wysiwyg
11-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Spring kick off Cruise
Tenvoorde Mustang Show
Burger Night Sarna's
4th Annual Sturgis Mustang Rally - poker run, show, drag race, autocross

Dazed1
11-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Porky's spring get together (where I 1st met all of the amazing club members), Hugo car show (my 1st one & Got to know Gary Dahl aka Black Pony aka 08Bullitt) and REALLY got the bug from him:dancenana::dancenana:, others that I attended - CarCraft Summer Nats, Austin / SE car show (aka the Rain storm from Hell ride :hehe:), Both AVF shows, The Northfield Cruise /Flood run (Thanks to Elenor 390 for setting it up), several other after meeting cruises and all the Cars and Coffee show's in Chanhassen.

Really looking forward to both the Christmas party as well as the coming summer:splat2:

:turkey:

Mike

Eleanor390
11-26-2010, 11:07 AM
We got Eleanor on the road!! I'm thankful as all Hell for that!! And hooking up with most all you guys,, The "Flood Run" was fun maybe more will come next year,, and hopefully no flood, one of those every 45 years is enough! And the Fall Show was fun, who'd a ever thunk I'd take home a Trophy? And Eleanor didn't breakdown,, will with the exception of having the heater core explode!

66gtk
11-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I can summarize my season quickly:

Spent way more money than I should have considering how little time I had available to drive/enjoy my babies.....This is the first season when I have actually started to feel myself lose some interest. Please, somebody save me!!

MadJack
11-26-2010, 09:40 PM
We got Eleanor on the road!! I'm thankful as all Hell for that!! And hooking up with most all you guys,, The "Flood Run" was fun maybe more will come next year,, and hopefully no flood, one of those every 45 years is enough! And the Fall Show was fun, who'd a ever thunk I'd take home a Trophy? And Eleanor didn't breakdown,, will with the exception of having the heater core explode!

it was really fun running through the bluffs with ya, i think next year i'll have some more power and grip, so it should be more fun lol

No1Ford
11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
.This is the first season when I have actually started to feel myself lose some interest. Please, somebody save me!!

Don't worry; you're not alone! There are just so many more important things in life other than cars. But I did run a 11.30 this year!:banana:

MadJack
11-27-2010, 08:36 AM
more important than cars, sorry that phrase doesn't compute. i seem to have an undying, unhealthy addiction to anything car truck, has an engine, can be fixed . if i start to loose intrest i hope i get shot lol

but seriously family is more important. i9m just thankfull to have a wife that doesnt hold me back, much lol

Eleanor390
11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Nick,, you went fast enough!!! you had precious cargo on board!!!

HELLFYR
11-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Spent way more money than I should have...

This is a never ending statement when you are a performance enthusiast. :bounce: