PDA

View Full Version : OEM 2006 Mustang GT LCAs

VetteHunter
12-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Up for sale is a set of used Lower Control Arms off my 2006 Mustang GT. They are in great condition. I recently upgraded to Steedas. Accepting best offer.

sonicx
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
LCA upgrade? and went w/ Steeda?... finally man :) your going to really enjoy that once summer is in full swing away, keeping more of your ponies power grounded to the road.

VetteHunter
12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah im stoked! Cant wait til may!

sonicx
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
HEY man... thought i'd let you know:

If you purchase a Eibach Pro-Kit, Sportline performance spring kit or Anti-Roll-Kit sway bars from American Muscle you get a 10% rebate off the purchase price* directly from Eibach. Just make sure you place your order by 12/31/2010. I know you mentioned Eibach a while back. Idk if this applies anymore but thought i'd pass it on. Since i've been advising you on your suspension upgrades.

VetteHunter
12-08-2010, 09:19 PM
i got the anti sway kit from Shelbystore.com for 227 shipped. The price was 219, with 10% off and shipping. So I get another 19.90 from Eibach once the kit comes in, on dec 10

sonicx
12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Good deal then. Happy to hear.

VetteHunter
12-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I got the install finished today! Yesterday I had to stop bc my 5 year old was helping and he started getting antsy after i finished the driver's side. The Steeda LCAs look nice! And they were a breeze to get in. Torque them down was kinda hard given the angles... but I got it done. Thank you threadlock!

sonicx
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
LCA's are on my todo list here w/ the next month or two. I plannning on going with UPR's. There a solid choice for new edges and durable for DD. Except I don't have the tools to put em in by myself :(

VetteHunter
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
all you need is a torque wrench capable of 129 ft lbs and an 18mm socket. Oh yeah, and jackstands and jack, be sure to jack it up under the rear axle though, that way the suspensions loaded.

sonicx
12-09-2010, 11:17 PM
all you need is a torque wrench capable of 129 ft lbs and an 18mm socket. Oh yeah, and jackstands and jack, be sure to jack it up under the rear axle though, that way the suspensions loaded.

Eh i may just take it to a place or give a 24 pack to someone for some help? lol. I'm w/o jackstands and im not sure if i have a torque wrench of that capacity...I'd have to check. I know im going to need it (jackstand) in addition to waht you said because I have to lower the exhaust system down far enough to allow access to front lower control arm bolts. HAHA when i installed my catback exhaust i used a jack and the instead of jackstands I stacked up a bunch of wood blocks acting like jackstands. Which wasn't the smartest thing. I don't wanna risk it again i think.

No1Ford
12-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Eh i may just take it to a place or give a 24 pack to someone for some help? lol. I'm w/o jackstands and im not sure if i have a torque wrench of that capacity...I'd have to check. I know im going to need it (jackstand) in addition to waht you said because I have to lower the exhaust system down far enough to allow access to front lower control arm bolts. HAHA when i installed my catback exhaust i used a jack and the instead of jackstands I stacked up a bunch of wood blocks acting like jackstands. Which wasn't the smartest thing. I don't wanna risk it again i think.

I have a torque wrench and some jack stands if you would like to use them?

sonicx
12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I have a torque wrench and some jack stands if you would like to use them?

I just may take you up on that offer, thank you. Im not sure when ill get around to buying the lca's here yet. Gotta see how much i can make $$$ working here during winter break & then see how much $$$ after i pay for my spring semester books. Are you in the cities? And/or do you think if i bring over a case or two (your choice) for an extra set of hands lol??

VetteHunter
12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
What year do you have? I didnt have to mess with the exhaust for the rear control arms

sonicx
12-10-2010, 05:09 PM
What year do you have? I didnt have to mess with the exhaust for the rear control arms

2004 gt... Like I'm book smart when it comes to cars bcuz I read a ton but idk how much I trust myself doing something still cuz of lack of exp ya know?

No1Ford
12-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I just may take you up on that offer, thank you. Im not sure when ill get around to buying the lca's here yet. Gotta see how much i can make $$$ working here during winter break & then see how much $$$ after i pay for my spring semester books. Are you in the cities? And/or do you think if i bring over a case or two (your choice) for an extra set of hands lol??

Let me know, I just did this on my car last summer so I know a few tricks. I don't drink, but I do like food. :nomnom:

VetteHunter
12-11-2010, 12:11 AM
ill help too! I always love working on Mustangs

VetteHunter
12-11-2010, 05:59 PM
:drink: and i DO drink :drink:

sonicx
12-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Let me know, I just did this on my car last summer so I know a few tricks. I don't drink, but I do like food. :nomnom:

Totally fine... i can work with that as well, food is great hahah & I know how it is ^, im sorta the same.

ill help too! I always love working on Mustangs

:drink: and i DO drink :drink:

^ nice.... ahaha sounds good.

> Ill be in touch in once I get my $$ and such figured out.
Thanks

VetteHunter
12-12-2010, 11:45 AM
all this back and forth is keeping my listing at the top! Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

sonicx
12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I just ordered the LCA's today off of UPR's website. I couldn't wait anymore :drool:. So it should be arriving next week sometime. So let me know when one of you guys are free in the up coming weeks and we hopefully can figure something out.

Thanks

MadJack
12-14-2010, 11:09 PM
im in for helping too if ya'll want a 3rd or 4th wheel lol, love working on anything that has an eninge or not lol

sonicx
12-15-2010, 11:20 AM
im in for helping too if ya'll want a 3rd or 4th wheel lol, love working on anything that has an eninge or not lol

Sweet.... let ya know man, right now where still working on a date. If the date works for you and if ok with the other guys then love to have ya. Thanks :)

VetteHunter
12-15-2010, 09:32 PM
im guessing no one needs S197 LCAs????:fail:

sonicx
12-15-2010, 09:42 PM
im guessing no one needs S197 LCAs????:fail:

I'm sorry I threadjack ur post listing. I'd try craigslist or mf ... More hits there man :)

plus side... Your thread was helpful and has been one of the more active threads during these cold dAys ahAha

VetteHunter
12-15-2010, 10:27 PM
i wasnt getting at that lol... i didnt think you thread jacked. i have a craigslist ad and an AFM ad out to! Covering everything, except ebay which is a bunch of crooks

sonicx
12-16-2010, 02:48 PM
i wasnt getting at that lol... i didnt think you thread jacked. i have a craigslist ad and an AFM ad out to! Covering everything, except ebay which is a bunch of crooks

Cool, just wanted to make sure, the words on the internet can be mis-interpreted.

And ebay? Yeah, i found that out first hand lol. Although I do buy quite a few things.... d(epending upon what it is) there are some good deals for buyers on ebay.

Anyways back on topic: Are you free this sunday (dec 19) afternoon, just throwing it out? PM me

VetteHunter
12-23-2010, 05:47 PM
SOLD!!!!!