PDA

View Full Version : Funny things people say

p51mstg
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Several times since I told people I replaced the rear brakes on my Mustang, I get asked a really strange question.... "so, does that have drum brakes in the back or disk?"

Ummm... lemme see.... it's almost 2011, and the last time drum brakes were installed in any car was... when????

The other question people always ask me about my car is... "is that rear wheel drive?" :banghead:

Maybe that's not as dumb as it sounds, because it depends on which way I'm going (especially last Friday). I think the next time somebody asks me that, i'll answer, "Well, the majority of the time, it's rear wheel drive"

Does anybody else get asked questions like that? What other things do people ask?

sonicx
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't see how either of those are stupid questions. Theres ALOT of ppl whom no little to none about cars in general. They rely on mech for that. I could imagine that on another forum, (computer geek forum). There is someone on there saying something he believes is simple about computers whereas someone who isn't techy may be challenged by it..... like the same sort of deal. Although agreed (overall) drum brake thing (lol) thats wayyy old ahaha. Now the rwd, i don't see that as big of a deal because really outside of camaro, mustang, challenger, and a few sport import cars. Most cars are all fwd. I mean the monte carlo was even fwd, alot of the bmw's and benz, lex seen around town are even fwd. Not all of the models are but some def are. So imo its a valid question... because ppl who don't know much just assume because thats how 90% of cars are made. Ya know? :)

DNeinstadt
12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure if you guys know this or not but Ford still puts drum brakes on the back of some cars/trucks... well into the 2000's.....

2011 Escape: Brakes Power front disc/rear drum with 4-wheel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)

p51mstg
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry for violating my own personal rule (see sig), but still think it's funny.

DNeinstadt
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I agree. I was annoyed by it myself when we first got our first few Mariner/Escapes.. I was like WTF, drum brakes?!

Dan

Eleanor390
12-06-2010, 12:43 PM
well I was in Casey's getting gas last summer and this guy asked what type of car my Mustang was, I kinda starred at him for a moment and thought, "You gotta be sh*ttin' me!" there again I am of the belief that 2/3 of the population has no clue to whats going on around them!

MadJack
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
there are so many people out there now days that would be lost if they were told to change a tire, their oil or even just check their fluids. i have no clue why these people dont know the simplest things about cars. and the lack of power of observation is mazing sometimes. :doh:
Drum breaks FTL , i hate them, but gotta do what you gotta do.

HMMRDWN
12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Somebody at AutoZone told me how nice my shelby was.
duh........

Eleanor390
12-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Somebody at AutoZone told me how nice my shelby was.
duh........

Ok Marie, in defense of the intolerably stupid, I had to take a second look at yours, first glance I thought,,,,,

Eleanor390
12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Several times since I told people I replaced the rear brakes on my Mustang, I get asked a really strange question.... "so, does that have drum brakes in the back or disk?"

Ummm... lemme see.... it's almost 2011, and the last time drum brakes were installed in any car was... when????

The other question people always ask me about my car is... "is that rear wheel drive?" :banghead:

Maybe that's not as dumb as it sounds, because it depends on which way I'm going (especially last Friday). I think the next time somebody asks me that, i'll answer, "Well, the majority of the time, it's rear wheel drive"

Does anybody else get asked questions like that? What other things do people ask?

well back in 84 when we went SCCA Showroom Stock racing with the Corvette the Mustangs had drums on the rear and didn't seem to hamper them any, the SVO had disc on all corners, I wish I would have bought one of them they went by me like I was painted on the fence!!

sonicx
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
People Say The Funniest Things.... speaking of which i thought this list was pretty interesting lol.

10 Road Accident Reports

1 A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

2 The other car collided with mine without giving any warning.

3 Coming home, I drove into the wro0ng house and collided with a tree I did not have.

4 The pedestrian had no idea which way to go so I ran over him.

5 I was backing my car out of the driveway when it was struck by the other car in the same place it was struck several times before.

6 I was shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached a junction, a hedge jumped up, obscuring my view.

7 I told the police I was not injured but on removing my hat, I found that I had fractured my skull.

8 In my attempt to kill a fly I drove into a telephone pole.

9 The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

10 An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

FLSTCI71
12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I once had someone tell me, "Oh wow, I just love your Corvette!"

A little puzzled, I asked, "Do you mean my 55 Ford Sunliner?" People....

HMMRDWN
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Ok Marie, in defense of the intolerably stupid, I had to take a second look at yours, first glance I thought,,,,,

Awww....OK.... shucks... :) It is a NICE car if I do say so myself. :)

MadJack
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
i had someone ask how i got my 4cyl civic to sound so mean....morons

sonicx
12-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I stumbled onto a forum which thread was sim to ours, here a few that made me chuckle:

Person: is that the V8?

E-Type Owner: Nope its a V12, Jaguar never make a V8 for the E-type

Person: Oh, so its a Ferrari engine then ???

E-Type Owner: Yeah This was Enzo Ferraris personal car, he installed it.

Person: wow. (Tells wife/girlfriend)

So I was shopping in the Porshe 911 one night on the way home from the local shops and there were two guys about 50 a little further along. As I was getting in the car one goes to the other "did he just put the bags in with the engine?"

Wasn't stupid, more funny. I got a chuckle out of it.

p51mstg
12-09-2010, 07:27 AM
i had someone ask how i got my 4cyl civic to sound so mean....morons

Stupid people... it's a CRX! Right? Right?????

sonicx
12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
URL=http://img528.imageshack.us/i/yodawgjr4.jpg/]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9423/yodawgjr4.jpg[/URL]

wysiwyg
12-09-2010, 10:13 PM
My 2011 Fiesta SES Hatch has ABS w/front discs and rear drums.