PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Supercharger

1991lx
12-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Edelbrock kit on the market for the 4.6?

Real world HP gains?

Your setup?

Kinda leaning towards this package as it offers a nice finish to the engine compartment with the included engine covers.

MadJack
12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
i dodnt have any exp with it my self but had a freind that bought the e force kit, it did look really nice, but for the money he spent on it he would have rather gone another route so he had money for other mods also.

sonicx
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I dont have any exp with either but now im curious.... how does the Edelbrock kit match up against KB, Votech, and Pax S/C.... number wise???

robl110
12-07-2010, 06:49 PM
How about an On3 Turbo kit? Putting one on my fox this winter.

MadJack
12-08-2010, 07:24 AM
rob, turbo's are always better than superchargers, they make more power more effishently(i know i murdered that lol). the kit from edelbrock my buddy got cost him over 6 grand, thats really spendy in my mind when you compare what you can get from vortech.

FLSTCI71
12-08-2010, 11:05 AM
turbo's are always better than superchargers

:think: Hmm, "always"? Really?

MadJack
12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
yes always :)

CobraReborn
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Better? Really? Different yes and maybe for all out drag racing yes but for street I disagree. Sorry I just hate LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

MadJack
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
if you choose a properly sized turbo and have a good controler, there is very little lag, and for streetabuility there is alot to be said about the new kits on the market. imo turbo is better cause you are making more efficiant power.

sonicx
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
There's one way to settle this.

Materials needed:

(2) 99-04 GT Mustangs both with the same transmission type.
(1) Turbo kit
(1) Super Charge kit
(1) 1/4 mile stretch of pavement
(2) Officials. One to wave and one at the finish
(2) contestants who think the other person who is wrong and will lose.

:biglaugha:

Blackcoog
12-15-2010, 10:53 AM
rob, turbo's are always better than superchargers, they make more power more effishently(i know i murdered that lol). the kit from edelbrock my buddy got cost him over 6 grand, thats really spendy in my mind when you compare what you can get from vortech.

no

Eleanor390
12-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I have for been contemplating a "Wooper" for the Bullitt and Roush has a unit for $3800 it describes it on their site its some sort of limited sale so I suppose I will have to act,, as far a Turbo vs Roots type superchargers in my opinion the roots type is superior in so many ways I have had two turbos and one roots cars and I can still recall the Mustang Turbo Pace Car turbo blowing the shit out of itself and most the motor!! Then there was my little Turbo Sprint Chevy with its little wiz bang Jap engine and when that went it sent shrapnel all over under the hood,, thank God for warranty!!! I later found that turbo's have a problem with the lube oil "coking" due to heat transfer after engine shut down, at least thats what some pencil ass engineer from Ford told me after the Mustang ate itself. Though close to a century ago I think I traded the " Pace Junk" for another Corvette

Eleanor390
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
no

I love your avatar!! Cheezburger!