PDA

View Full Version : Blower swap...

HELLFYR
03-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Started on the blower swap Friday... have everything off the car now.

Just finished swapping the injectors and cleaning the intercooler.

Gonna have to wait on re-assembly until Monday as I need some gaskets from Tousley and the guy there today said he doesn't kow the first thing about it... so... I wait for Steve. :Haveabeer:

BlownSVT
03-27-2010, 01:28 PM
what gaskets are you in need of? i didn't replace any gaskets when i did my blower swap.

SnakeByte
03-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Started on the blower swap Friday... have everything off the car now.

Just finished swapping the injectors and cleaning the intercooler.

Gonna have to wait on re-assembly until Monday as I need some gaskets from Tousley and the guy there today said he doesn't kow the first thing about it... so... I wait for Steve. :Haveabeer:

Might as well ask him about a whipple while your there?

HELLFYR
03-27-2010, 03:14 PM
what gaskets are you in need of? i didn't replace any gaskets when i did my blower swap.

Plenum to blower, blower to lower intake, EGR

Plus I need a fresh set of the Intercooler to Blower bolts... those aren't supposed to be re-used.

No biggie, I have all next week off, and re-assembly should go pretty smooth. The bolts around the rear of the
blower will be the toughest part.

Rod

BlownSVT
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I see. I just ended up reusing the gaskets i had. they were all in good shape and i didn't have any trouble. If they are cheap though why not. For the bolts i went to lowes and matched up the sizes and got better quality ones then what were originally on it. worked out good becuase it eliminated any worry about breaking/stripping them.

Good luck with the swap. should be a nice little power jump for ya. 11's here you come.

Video_Master
03-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I remember that night of swapping your blower. All of a sudden were were like oh crap we need bolts and lock tite.

BlownSVT
03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I remember that night of swapping your blower. All of a sudden were were like oh crap we need bolts and lock tite.

yep. the ones we got at lowes worked out just great though. and they were obviously stronger than the stock ones.

DNeinstadt
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Yeah I would probably use Lowe's ones too, should be OK and the gasket is only necessary if you bent the $*@(*& out of your stocker but it is peace of mind too...

FORDSVTPARTS
03-28-2010, 10:56 AM
We've got all the gaskets in stock, it's typically about $75.00 for everything. You may also want new o-rings for the tubes between the intercooler fitting and the intercooler.

Can you reuse gaskets?

Yes but my philosphy is that if you're spending all this money on a car why reuse old gaskets that have probably been on the car for six years?

BTW-Whipple 2.3's in black go for $3209.00 and I'll go out of my way to match or beat anyones price on one although I'd be amazed if you could find one cheaper :cool4: