PDA

View Full Version : is it spring yet?

MadJack
12-27-2010, 12:59 AM
so im thinking that this next car season im going to try to hit as many auto-x and dyno's as i can. what about you?

p.s. also will be hitting rock falls with a newer GTO a 55 chevy truck running 12's and a fire chicken, should be fun.

HELLFYR
12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Other than the street racing sounds like fun... :smooth:

sonicx
12-27-2010, 10:10 PM
@ Fat Guy: You got a GTO? DUDE! thats pretty sick.

As for me, im just ready for the warmth and to get my tan back. Not so much car related activities (at least not yet) :).

MadJack
12-28-2010, 12:40 AM
nah , rather have a mustang. a few buddies i went to highschool wanna see how fast my car really is lol and a gto is on the list.

p51mstg
12-28-2010, 08:01 AM
I might need to head to BIR for their racing school this summer.

:Type-R:

MadJack
12-28-2010, 08:37 AM
im excited to go to amery :)

HELLFYR
12-28-2010, 09:09 AM

Haven't gone to it personally, but a guy here in my office with a firechicken went last year and had a blast.
They ran the short course for it, but he said it was "more than enough" speed hitting 120 on more than one area of the course.

The only thing he didn't like was the number of cars on the track at a time. Advanced and novice drivers alike. LOTS of passing, which
can get a little nerve racking for a newb.

If you REALLY want the road course experience and don't mind travelling a bit, I'd recommend hitting up one of the Track Time Motorsports
events that they hold down at Mid America Motorplex (Iowa, down by Omaha). Todd is a great guy, they have a track school before you
ever go on the course, and you get a TON of seat time.

They also hold event in Brainard, but not sure if the turn out is heavier there or not.

When I went to MAM I think we had a dozen cars. We literally hot-lapped all day long.
I went through a set of brand new brake pads, cracked a rotor and boiled the brake fluid in the front calipers.
Was a good day. :Celebrating_Emotico

Rod

sonicx
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
nah , rather have a mustang. a few buddies i went to highschool wanna see how fast my car really is lol and a gto is on the list.

Then don't spend your money on a GTO or Mustang. A vette is what you need. :)

MadJack
12-28-2010, 10:36 AM
honestly dont think i could ever own chevy, just not a fan of them....

MadJack
12-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Haven't gone to it personally, but a guy here in my office with a firechicken went last year and had a blast.
They ran the short course for it, but he said it was "more than enough" speed hitting 120 on more than one area of the course.

The only thing he didn't like was the number of cars on the track at a time. Advanced and novice drivers alike. LOTS of passing, which
can get a little nerve racking for a newb.

If you REALLY want the road course experience and don't mind travelling a bit, I'd recommend hitting up one of the Track Time Motorsports
events that they hold down at Mid America Motorplex (Iowa, down by Omaha). Todd is a great guy, they have a track school before you
ever go on the course, and you get a TON of seat time.

They also hold event in Brainard, but not sure if the turn out is heavier there or not.

When I went to MAM I think we had a dozen cars. We literally hot-lapped all day long.
I went through a set of brand new brake pads, cracked a rotor and boiled the brake fluid in the front calipers.
Was a good day. :Celebrating_Emotico

Rod

this could be a fun option for people, get a group to go to one of these events, i know im addicted to the track now lol.

drop top
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
if its a newer Goat, you need to bring ALOT of spray to the table or it will not even be close. Ask for BUS LENGTHS, as many as he will give....

MadJack
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
should be fun none the less lol.

Eleanor390
12-29-2010, 05:39 PM

It sad they ruined the track! the new course sucks!! Of all the tracks i have driven, Road America, Road Atlanta, Blackhawk Farms, Second Creek, Gingerman, Hallet, IRP Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Brained was the most fun coming out of 10 and heading down the Young Straight as it was called then and coming into one at 170 was well as one Corvette driver put it "better than sex!" In to 2 and 2 alpha next! The new course is shit! if you are going to spend the money on a school Go to Road America at Elkhart its close and a much much better course, Canada Corner the Kink and the Hurry Downs are a rush and you will learn something about driving! I have a yearning to go racing again,, I spent part of today conversing with George Follmer,, the 1970 Mustang Trans Am Champion and he got me to thinking,,,,,,Hmmmm,,,,,,, I'm shooting for a SuperFormance GT40 they are eligible for Vintage and Vintage is where SCCA Racing went, Sooo,, there will be a Bullitt #1175 for sale soon,, and a 07 HD Dyna Wide Glide and some more stuff,,,

sonicx
12-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Also im ready for spring because im tired of slippy and slidding everywhere, and im not just talking about driving, walking outside as well. lol

sonicx
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
REDAY FOR: 5-8 Grill Bar Tuesday Night Cruise-In