PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Eagan

blckmgc
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Hope to make it to your meeting on the 15th. Have been looking for a good group of guys and hope to get the Mustang out and going to a lot of events this year. Have a 1999 Cobra convertible and having fun with it. Strut tower brace and headers going on this winter. Hopefully gears before spring. Looks like you have a great group and great events.

HELLFYR
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome!... look forward to seeing you next week.

Rod

Warrlac
01-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi -- I'm just down the road from you (Burnsville). I have a black '03 Cobra coupe. Not many mods - Headers, X-pipe, FR500 cat-back and MGW shifter to be precise... Have you done headers on a mod motor before?

Welcome!

Hope to make it to your meeting on the 15th. Have been looking for a good group of guys and hope to get the Mustang out and going to a lot of events this year. Have a 1999 Cobra convertible and having fun with it. Strut tower brace and headers going on this winter. Hopefully gears before spring. Looks like you have a great group and great events.

MadJack
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
welcome! hey if you wanna be in a club with great people and lots of club events,this is the place for you!

TF2v97SN
01-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Welcome fellow Eagan resident!

LadyCobra
01-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome! Look forward to meeting you next Saturday at our meeting :)

BAD380R
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Great lookin' Cobra...
Troy

blckmgc
01-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I haven't done headers on a mod motor as this is my first one, but I have done a couple of other cars over the years that were a pain in the :cussing:

sonicx
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM

Welcome to the club Blckmgx. You picked a great club to start being apart with!!!

Gears will def wake up the car! Do you or are you planning on buying handheld tuner to sync the spedo with the gears?

You mentioned your doing a strut tower brace. Nice, it'll add a bit of appearance to the engine bay. Performance wise not much. If I may make a suggestion (along the same basis as the strut tower brace): Full-Length-Sub-Frame-Connectors. Im not sure or not if you've heard of them or already have them. They're worth it :) (Maxium Motorsports version) It basically stiffens the entire chassis from front to rear.This rail fixes the chassis flex. Mustang, being a unibody car, does NOT have framerails that go all the way from nose to tail. You have some front subframes, and some rear subframes, but the only thing that ties those together is the tub. The tub is NOT very stout, and allows a lot of torsional twist. So what does that mean? If you're trying to get power to the ground, it means that some of that power is wasted twisting the chassis. If you're in a corner, it means that your front and rear suspensions are NOT staying in line with each other.

p51mstg
01-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the club! :Haveabeer:

DNeinstadt
01-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I saw someone's car in a magazine!!!! Welcome, just saw your debut in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. Welcome to our club you local celebrity!

blckmgc
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks, I was surprised on the reader's rides.

I agree with the subframe connectors. Convertibles have them from the factory, so to add a better one you would have to remove the factory ones first. Could be a good idea depending on how far I go with the power, but right now, I am just looking to have a fun driver. Already been on one Power Tour with it, and hope to go again this year.

HAULNSS
01-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Welcome to MNFE.

Randy

sonicx
01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks, I was surprised on the reader's rides.

I agree with the subframe connectors. Convertibles have them from the factory, so to add a better one you would have to remove the factory ones first. Could be a good idea depending on how far I go with the power, but right now, I am just looking to have a fun driver. Already been on one Power Tour with it, and hope to go again this year.

Now I maybe complete off (correct me if im wrong) but I didn't think convert's have FULL Length connectors & thats where the difference lies? And it was just a friendly suggestion to do with as you wish. You don't need to be shelling out a ton of power for flsfc's to be benifical to your car. :)

Anyways if your ever in the market to change out your IRS for a SRS. Let me know ;)

HMMRDWN
01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the group!

robl110
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Welcome! I had 4:10 gears in my 99 cobra and they were great.