PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis Mustang Ralley (SMR)

Dazed1
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey just curious who is doing Sturgis this year? I was just on the web page http://www.sturgismustangrally.com/ and I see they are taking registrations Red, White and Blue packages. What do most people choose? I am guessing Red or Blue since those have a t-shirt :D:D Also curious as to when most people leave to go out there since it starts on a Thursday and ends on a Monday....

LadyCobra
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I do believe we are currently planning to go once again, already have rooms booked. :thup: Erica (msmistyk) setup a room block for us while we were still there. Will be talking to her in the near future to see if she's still willing to organize and be the lead this year.

As for the package, I would guess Rod will choose the Blue package because of the Auto Cross event but not positive. In the past we paid $100.00 for the two of us so this is a jump from what we are used to paying. We'll have to talk more soon.

Last year our group left on Wednesday. Stayed in Mitchell, SD Wednesday night to break up the drive into two parts and then left the next morning. We then headed home on Monday (going the full miles with no stop in Mitchell overnight) with some continuing on to other places for vacation. This years schedule should work with that as well.

It's a ton of fun!! Can't recommend highly enough how much fun this Rally is for everyone.

:woot:

HMMRDWN
01-18-2011, 09:32 PM
IN for Sturgis again this year. It's a blast!

HMMRDWN
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I didn't see any pre-registration discounts this year... did I miss them?

HELLFYR
01-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Either did I. I also have heard word that prices on "party items"... aka booze... AND room rates are going up this year at all the venues. I wouldn't expect Bike rally prices, but it isn't going to be the $2 beers and $3 mixed drinks we have had the last several years. The GOOD news, is with rising prices, it is likely more of the Sturgis bars may consider being open. Although, many may still hold back this year waiting to see how the masses respond to the jacked up entry prices and the increased costs of being out there.

Don't ASSUME, call ahead and check on pricing and GET IT IN WRITING.

Rod

msmistyk
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
I do believe we are currently planning to go once again, already have rooms booked. :thup: Erica (msmistyk) setup a room block for us while we were still there. Will be talking to her in the near future to see if she's still willing to organize and be the lead this year.
:woot:

To clarify the rooms in Sturgis have been booked, but the Mitchell block still needs to be made.
Thanks for thinking of me, however I am going to take a pass and let your new activities dude take the lead. :worship2: Don't have as much free time as I used to these days!

Oh, and IN for the weekend! :ford:

F8LBITE
02-01-2011, 05:43 AM
:dancenana: IN for Sturgis!!!:dancenana:

GMan
02-03-2011, 07:28 AM
In for Sturgis

sonicx
02-03-2011, 09:27 AM
QUESTION: What was the name of the clear shield you guys applied to the front of your cars b4 you went on this cruise? And where Could i get some? Thanks

wysiwyg
02-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I tired to register on SMR site but could not get to the "add cart". But we are in.

F8LBITE
02-04-2011, 05:35 AM
QUESTION: What was the name of the clear shield you guys applied to the front of your cars b4 you went on this cruise? And where Could i get some? Thanks

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+maintenance/everyday+and+storage/surface+protection+film+roll.do

I believe it's called Road Wrap. FYI you might want to use some tape along the edges to help hold them down. It's been known to "scuff" the paint if it's able to flap in the wind.

HELLFYR
02-04-2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+maintenance/everyday+and+storage/surface+protection+film+roll.do

I believe it's called Road Wrap. FYI you might want to use some tape along the edges to help hold them down. It's been known to "scuff" the paint if it's able to flap in the wind.

After seeing the damage done by this, I cannot endorse this product.

F8LBITE
02-04-2011, 09:54 AM
No damage to my car. If you are referring to John L's car, he used something he bought from Menard's in Mitchell.

HAULNSS
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Some Vette guys have had trouble with the Road Wrap product.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion/2701309-beware-of-road-wrap.html

Randy

sonicx
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Sweet, Thank You. I shall be picking it up unlike someone has any alternative (better products) that this :)

After seeing the damage done by this, I cannot endorse this product.

What then would you say is a better product???

Dazed1
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I have twisted my own arm and after careful consideration....:drama::drama: I'm in!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Got the registration done and the room reserved...:thud::thud: time for a :beer::beer: to celebrate!

LadyCobra
02-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Did you reserve at the Best Western and get our group rate?

:woot: You won't regret it. Will be an awesome time!

wysiwyg
02-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm registered for SMR. Was able to complete it tonight.

BAD380R
02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
I would really like to go this year!!!
Troy

Dazed1
02-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Did you reserve at the Best Western and get our group rate?

:woot: You won't regret it. Will be an awesome time!

Yes I did get the reduced rate.:lock:

HMMRDWN
02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Can we go yet? Can we? huh/ huh? I'm ready...

HMMR is sleeping..... but when she wakes up..she'll be ready to ROLL! :ford:

F8LBITE
02-16-2011, 01:36 PM
S E T T L E

D O W N

H A M M E R

! ! ! ! ! ! !

LadyCobra
02-16-2011, 01:51 PM
:kickbutt: hush up F8L!!

F8LBITE
02-16-2011, 02:19 PM
:doh: Let's not wish our summer away now!! :doh:

LadyCobra
02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Well you do have a point there..... :biglaugha:

HELLFYR
02-18-2011, 07:08 AM
meh... hoping to have the car out by Car Craft

F8LBITE
02-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Pace yourself, you want it done right!

Dazed1
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Can we go yet? Can we? huh/ huh? I'm ready...

HMMR is sleeping..... but when she wakes up..she'll be ready to ROLL! :ford:

The Green machine will be ready for the "opener" in April (not the Twinkies, but the start of car cruising season :grouphug2: )

ShadowGT04
02-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Im also ready to get out on the roads this year!!!!! When is the Twinkies game?

LadyCobra
02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
We have 3 Twins games in the works for MN Fords. Just waiting for confirmation on dates :)

sonicx
02-18-2011, 09:12 PM
We have 3 Twins games in the works for MN Fords. Just waiting for confirmation on dates :)

IN x3 :rcain:

we looking at the same section as what we had for that sept game last year?

ShadowGT04
02-19-2011, 09:48 AM
meh... hoping to have the car out by Car Craft

Hoping to have it out by Car Craft? What are you doing to the Cobra this winter/spring?

ShadowGT04
02-19-2011, 09:50 AM

You can put me down for 4 tickets to all 3 games:thup:

HELLFYR
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Hoping to have it out by Car Craft? What are you doing to the Cobra this winter/spring?

Reworking fuel supply. Having "issues" getting the needed parts.

sonicx
02-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Reworking fuel supply. Having "issues" getting the needed parts.

What are you going with?

LadyCobra
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
IN x3 :rcain:

we looking at the same section as what we had for that sept game last year?

Yes we will once again be in the Powerball Pavillion. Once we have the official dates, more information will be posted for purchasing tickets for the specific dates.

HELLFYR
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Twin Ford GT Supercar pumps, Fore Billet Hat, dual FPDM

Have the pumps,
"Had" the hat lined up at a great price and the USPS lost it in Iowa somewhere (been over 60 days now)... probably going to have to order new instead now directly through Lethal.
Will then just have to line up the various bits and pieces to install the dual FPDM and larger gauge wiring directly to the pumps.
Will be just leaving the BAP in the car for future "expansion", but for the time being will be bypassing it and just running the twin 265lph walbro pumps from the Ford GT.

Once that is all done have to get her tuned for 91 octane as my standard everyday tune, and validate that the "kill" tune will still be safe under the new fuel supply setup.
Have decided to tune for 91 because everything around my house has dropped 92 and 93 octane, that in combination with the challenge of finding higher octane
fuels while traveling is just too much of a headache. Figure I'll take the 20hp hit and be done with it. Then for competition events, I'll bring along the Torco and
change the tune just for that event. Currently my car is setup the opposite way... TUNED for 93 but I have a separate 91 tune for emergencies basically just cuts
a couple degrees of timing across the upper RPM range.

Rod

sonicx
02-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Twin Ford GT Supercar pumps, Fore Billet Hat, dual FPDM

Have the pumps,
"Had" the hat lined up at a great price and the USPS lost it in Iowa somewhere (been over 60 days now)... probably going to have to order new instead now directly through Lethal.
Will then just have to line up the various bits and pieces to install the dual FPDM and larger gauge wiring directly to the pumps.
Will be just leaving the BAP in the car for future "expansion", but for the time being will be bypassing it and just running the twin 265lph walbro pumps from the Ford GT.

Once that is all done have to get her tuned for 91 octane as my standard everyday tune, and validate that the "kill" tune will still be safe under the new fuel supply setup.
Have decided to tune for 91 because everything around my house has dropped 92 and 93 octane, that in combination with the challenge of finding higher octane
fuels while traveling is just too much of a headache. Figure I'll take the 20hp hit and be done with it. Then for competition events, I'll bring along the Torco and
change the tune just for that event. Currently my car is setup the opposite way... TUNED for 93 but I have a separate 91 tune for emergencies basically just cuts
a couple degrees of timing across the upper RPM range.

Rod

Is it chipped (dyno shop) or do you have a tuner?

(Just wondering if you've every used DELTA FORCE Sniper Software before?)

I too have noticed that gas stations have dropped down from 93. I know very few places left that still sell 93 quite a bit. During the summer I still run my 93 tune w/ 92 though it prob wouldn't goof anything up like it may w/ your nice set-up.

Then again w/ gas on the rise & maybe $5 by summer i maybe going low to 87 octane tune year round :frown:

redgt
03-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Sturgis fer sure!
Me and wife and/or son as well as buddy(ies) from CA.

Dwain

Aspette
08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
No chatter lately...... anyone still going ?? 5 of us are leaveing Thursday AM 6:00 fron 169 and county rd 17 in shokapee south west corner Holiday gas station (same exit as Apple Ford) we are straight pipeing it to Sturgis with gas stops and lunch.. you are welcome to cruise with us post up if interested

ASP

LadyCobra
08-18-2011, 06:22 AM
Have a safe trip! We are headed out on Wednesday with a group.

Dazed1
08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Leaving Wednesday as well with a "tour" of beautiful Mitchell SD that night then on to the fun on Thursday!!!:hehehmn::hehehmn:

HMMRDWN
08-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Leaving Wednesday as well with a "tour" of beautiful Mitchell SD that night then on to the fun on Thursday!!!:hehehmn::hehehmn:

Sounds like fun Dazed1.... looking forward to seeing you at the event! :ford:

Aspette
08-20-2011, 06:07 PM
see you in Sturgis mike

Dazed1
08-23-2011, 04:41 PM
see you in Sturgis mike

See you there too.... Marie and the others as well.

There is still a WHOLE week before my group is leaving:bawling::bawling::bawling: At least I was smart enough to take all of next week and most of the following week off. :hehe::hehe:

Dazed1
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Have a safe trip! We are headed out on Wednesday with a group.

Jen did you ever send me the info for the other person I was to meet up with? I haven't seen anything yet.

Mike

LadyCobra
08-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Jen did you ever send me the info for the other person I was to meet up with? I haven't seen anything yet.

Mike

Sent this morning Mike! Sorry! :)

Dazed1
08-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I am sooo psych'd :happydance: Just looked at the classifications for the show n shine at the rally and the BULLITT has it's very own class, how cool is that?:dancenana: