PDA

View Full Version : wheel coating

MadJack
01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
so im gonna buy a set a wheels from stilz, and i wanna do them black with a mechined lip style, is this possible to do with powder coating or is this something i need to have the paint shop do?

Stilz
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'll be picking them up on Wed around 5pm. I'll take the little detour and drop em by your place on the way back. :)
What color are you making your car? I think 2 are silver and are argent (gray) Might give you a nice perspective. lol

MadJack
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
the car will be a white, not sure on what exactly but it'll be white.

HELLFYR
01-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Possible yes, how clean a line that doesn't "wobble" on you as you go down the road (between dark and machined lip) would be a bit of a challenge I would think.

Custom masking will cost you about as much as the powder-coating itself will.

Rod

FLSTCI71
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Possible yes, how clean a line that doesn't "wobble" on you as you go down the road (between dark and machined lip) would be a bit of a challenge I would think.

Custom masking will cost you about as much as the powder-coating itself will.

Rod

This sounds 100% accurate to me.

Could you have them done in black and then manually sand/grind the lips yourself?

MadJack
01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
This sounds 100% accurate to me.

Could you have them done in black and then manually sand/grind the lips yourself?

i was thinking sbout that but would be worried chipping the paint or not having as crisp of a line.