PDA

View Full Version : P90X ?

MadJack
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
ok guys, i'm looking at buying the P90X program, whose used this program? succesful? complaints? is it worth the money? im roughly 270lbs and am sick of being fat, time to get my ass in shape. thx guys.

robl110
02-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I did a couple rounds of it back in 09. It’s great if you follow the diet and workout. Like any of the infomercial exercise plans you have to be realistic about the results. There is no miracle workout/diet program on the market. If you work hard and follow the diet you will loss several lbs but you won’t look like Tony Horton in 90 days =)

F8LBITE
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I did it for 2 or 3 days, have to start up again. It'll definitely get your heart rate going!

p51mstg
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
A couple guys on the fire dept. got started in this a couple weeks ago, and have been really excited about it. I don't know anything about it, but they seem to think it's an excellent program. I thought they were talking about a radio station when I first heard the name.

The next time I see them, I'll find out how it's going.

robl110
02-07-2011, 12:59 PM
I forgot to mention, keep an eye on CL. I picked up mine for $60 new. The guy had gotten it for a Christmas gift and never opened it up.

Soon as I am done working 14 hours shifts I will be dusting of the P90X or I may give kettle bells a try.

FLSTCI71
02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
My $.02 worth - When I wanted to drop some weight a few years ago, I changed my eating habits. If you "go on a diet", no matter how good it is, at some point, you will "go off the diet". You need to change your lifestyle permanently or you will just gain back whatever you lost. I dropped about 45 pounds almost 10 years ago and it's mostly still off. (I've gained about 7-8 pounds back in the last 10 years).

P.S. I didn't go on anything formal, so it didn't cost me a penny. I did it on my own.

HELLFYR
02-08-2011, 12:17 PM
My $.02 worth - When I wanted to drop some weight a few years ago, I changed my eating habits. If you "go on a diet", no matter how good it is, at some point, you will "go off the diet". You need to change your lifestyle permanently or you will just gain back whatever you lost. I dropped about 45 pounds almost 10 years ago and it's mostly still off. (I've gained about 7-8 pounds back in the last 10 years).

P.S. I didn't go on anything formal, so it didn't cost me a penny. I did it on my own.

This

MadJack
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
i think i'm going to invest in it cause A. talking with people who have done it and love the results and B. cause i wanna proove the nay-sayers wrong. lol thx guys. i think i'll start a blog on it or something lol

F8LBITE
02-09-2011, 05:45 AM
I agree with the lifestyle change as far as eating goes, but I also feel that you have to throw exercise in there as well.

Miller
02-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Find someone who has it and burn copies?

Blackcoog
02-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Save up and buy an elliptical. Park it in front of your TV and make your ass get on it at least every other day for 30-45 mins. Since it sits there and it's big it will make you feel guilty every time you are watching TV and not working out. lol Seems to work somewhat for me. Watching TV helps burn the time. You do have to eat better no matter what you do. Cut out pop if you drink pop because that can add a lot of calories. Watch your portion size as doing this alone can help significantly. Don't buy crappy food so you aren't tempted at home.

I don't get as much time to work out as I want to any more. I did work out pretty hardcore a few weeks back and knocked 20lbs off in about 2 months. I had to work out nearly every day though. Now I probably get 3-30 min workouts per week on the elliptical. I'm using the fat burning training program built in to it (interval training). That paired with eating better has helped me maintain my lower weight (~185lbs and I'm 6'3"). I'd like to do some weight lifting but we don't have the room for a set at home.

LadyCobra
02-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Biggest Loser MNFords edition? :cool4:

FFE
02-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Find someone who has it and burn copies?

I here Pirate Talk arrrggggggg.....

Generally I would say is don't have them burn copies for you. Borrow the dvd's from a friend, and what your friend doesn't know, doesn't hurt him.

Might as well post here to. I'm sure you saw my post on CEG :P.

Anyway p90x works if you stick with at, but so will any other exercise program. 75% of it is the diet

ShadowGT04
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
It is a good workout program. The problem I had with it is I work to dang much. I just got put back on 10 hour days and will be working some 12 hour shifts and Saturdays. A diet book is also included in the program and it all sounds like it would be great but it just takes too much time to prepare all the food. I would say if you want to try it out go for it. Just stick to the program and proper diet. P90X in my opinion wont get you very buff or a lot stronger but it gets you ripped.

robl110
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
P90X in my opinion wont get you very buff or a lot stronger but it gets you ripped.

x2

notnss
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Biggest Loser MNFords edition? :cool4:

:uhoh:

robl110
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
:uhoh:

You could take the before and after pics :biglaugha:

robl110
02-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Has anyone seen the commercial for Supreme 90? Looks like a rip off of p90x but for only $20.