PDA

View Full Version : wow, rough day with the '65

66gtk
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I spent 20-30 minutes with the heat gun inside after letting my new "molded carpet" set warm up for 2 days. Man, she was wrinkly - Oh well, I made it better, but not perfect. I wanted to test fit the front piece in the car, so proceeded to spend the next 4 hours massaging, heating, cutting, trimming, etc trying to make that piece of trash new carpet fit, and I just couldn't get an acceptable result. Ripped it all out for what seemed the 10th time and wadded it back up and put in the box. I guess we'll try again with a fresh set.

If I didn't know any better I wouldn't try again, but I purchased the same carpet from the same company 2 years ago for my '66 and it basically dropped in place with no difficulty. Today I felt like I was putting Camaro carpet into my Stang. What a waste of time and effort. :ripped:

Oh well, on the positive side my street got all cleaned up by the city today. Anybody want to cruise/give me a ride to Cannon Falls later in the week to pick up my convertible from storage? I need a stang to drive now!