PDA

View Full Version : Grove Creek Dragway 2011

sonicx
02-12-2011, 09:36 AM
After seeing and discussing drag racing (i'd be a 1st timer) I did a a google search on MN drag strips and found Grove Creek.

Im wondering who here's been here & what the pro/con's are comparing to Rock Falls?

Is it a better place to go than rock falls for a beginner? I map-quested both and it's only 18miles further for me to go to Grove Creek then Rock Fall. Also I see that there cheaper than Rock Falls for price: 35 for sat night street and 50 for test & tune.

Noob looking for guidence please :)

http://www.grovecreek.com/index.htm

wysiwyg
02-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Isn't Grove Creek a 1/8 mile track?

soulfisher
02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Grove Creek is an 1/8 mile track. I've been there once for a race. It was the start of my breakdowns last year, no fault to the track. 1/8 mile can be fun but it is over before you know it. I almost didn't need to shift into 3rd on my race car. It all depends what you want to do. After the first 60 feet, most of the tough part of getting a good pass is over. You simply need to keep it straight and hit your shift points. I'm still undecided if I'll race there this year.

sonicx
02-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Grove Creek is an 1/8 mile track. I've been there once for a race. It was the start of my breakdowns last year, no fault to the track. 1/8 mile can be fun but it is over before you know it. I almost didn't need to shift into 3rd on my race car. It all depends what you want to do. After the first 60 feet, most of the tough part of getting a good pass is over. You simply need to keep it straight and hit your shift points. I'm still undecided if I'll race there this year.

Hmmm.... yea very good point. I think for a rookie w/o exp that it'd be better for me to head to rock falls & do 1/4. Although the 1/8 is ok.... if im spending the time & money i'd pick 1/4 hands down.

Thank You for the response :)

HELLFYR
02-14-2011, 10:02 PM
IMO

1/8 is all you need to get your feet wet with drag racing.
Get the burnout, launch rpm, tire pressure adjustments, the 1/2 and 2/3 shift. ALL are the same for the 1/8 and the 1/4.
The 3/4 shift for the 1/4 mile is a no brainer.

In these ponies it'll be the launch rpm (too high you spin, too low you bog) and the 2/3 shift you will fight with forever (in a stick car anyway).

Rod

HMMRDWN
02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm looking forward to getting on the track as well. I don't have it all figured out yet, but I will be there and will be learning as I go. :)
Sonicx...I'm heading out to a couple test and tunes at Rock Falls. If you're interested in some company feel free to come along. Send me a pm and I can fill you in on what I've got planned so far. :ford:

sonicx
02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm looking forward to getting on the track as well. I don't have it all figured out yet, but I will be there and will be learning as I go. :)
Sonicx...I'm heading out to a couple test and tunes at Rock Falls. If you're interested in some company feel free to come along. Send me a pm and I can fill you in on what I've got planned so far. :ford:

Sounds good :grouphug2:

No1Ford
02-16-2011, 02:13 PM
I havn't been to grove creek in years. But imo the 1/8 mile is just to short, maybe thats just me? But my car really likes 3rd and 4th gear.:3gears:
I'd be willing to tag along and help you guys out. I don't have all the anwsers but I've been down the 1320 a few times.

HMMRDWN
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks Chris! That would be awesome!

sonicx
02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
I havn't been to grove creek in years. But imo the 1/8 mile is just to short, maybe thats just me? But my car really likes 3rd and 4th gear.:3gears:
I'd be willing to tag along and help you guys out. I don't have all the anwsers but I've been down the 1320 a few times.

Yea Christ neato. You also go to Rock Falls? Because im down for anything although i'd rather do 1/4 then 1/8 (same reason ^).

Thanks Chris! That would be awesome!

Get my pm? Whenever you get a chance let me know that the scoop is :cool2:

LadyCobra
02-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd suggest to anyone post up the date you are going to either track and there will sure to be others who are interested in tagging along. If you have a suggestion or idea for a specific date, suggest to John your activities director and he will get it on the schedule :thup:

No1Ford
02-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Yea Christ neato. You also go to Rock Falls?

It's the only place I have been to with my current car.

HELLFYR
02-18-2011, 07:16 AM
That car has been to Bowling Green Kentucky... Beechbend Raceway too... I'm just sayin' :biggrinangelA:

No1Ford
02-18-2011, 07:45 AM
That car has been to Bowling Green Kentucky... Beechbend Raceway too... I'm just sayin' :biggrinangelA:

Orly? Pic's or video or it never happen.

sonicx
02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd suggest to anyone post up the date you are going to either track and there will sure to be others who are interested in tagging along. If you have a suggestion or idea for a specific date, suggest to John your activities director and he will get it on the schedule :thup:

I'd have to check for specifics but im freer after Mid May

HELLFYR
02-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Orly? Pic's or video or it never happen.

Hmm... not sure where those pics are... will check through the archives and see what I can find.