PDA

View Full Version : Attn classic car owners

DNeinstadt
02-22-2011, 09:04 AM
I have been contacted to see if I can get a couple of classic vehicles to attend an event that would include people taking pictures with classic vehicles. Here is more info:

I am organizing a corporate event at the Minneapolis Depot Hotel (the Renaissance Marriott) on April 18th. I am looking for two classic 1960s cars to be on display from about 6:00 – 9:00 pm. We are not looking for hotrods, more classic mid-60s cars. The cars will be roped off, so no danger of being scratched, etc. We will have a photographer on hand. The car owners would need to allow photos of the attendees near and in the cars. We are doing a mid-sixties classic party (think Mad Men). I can pay $200 per car. Looking for 2. You would hang out with your car - setup at 5:30...done at 9. If you have a mustang, we'd prefer the other car to be a different model. In good shape (the car, not necessarily you :) and willing to allow people in costume to take photos with your car. It would be great if you'd be willing to wear sixties attire. We will all be in costume, drinking martinis/manhattens, etc.

In addition, we are having an awards dinner on April 19th with a opening act honoring Henry Ford… would you happen to know of a classic Ford? It would be on-stage during the awards.

Please contact Jmichaud@csmcorp.net if you are interested.

Dan

66gtk
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
OK, for $200 I have to get my "detailed" car there and back and be exposed to non car people who are drinking heavily in costume posing inside and outside of my car while taking photos? Being roped off to avoid "danger of being scratched" AND drunk costumed fools "near and inside" of my car posing don't sound like the same thing. I'll pass.

DNeinstadt
02-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Didn't your mother ever teach you if you don't have something nice to say, post on other forums?

:)

66gtk
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
OK, I volunteer both of your Red cars.

DNeinstadt
02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Sorry, I'm out of town that week. We're going to visit Michelle's family in Washington DC.

dirtym
02-24-2011, 10:11 AM
I doubt the event would get that crazy with drunk people. Its a Monday & Tuesday night and it sounds like the general public that will be there won't be near the cars, but select people will be for photos. You can be at the event and monitor your car if necessary.

We'd do it if we were going to be in town. We were a little bummed that we'd be gone.

ShadowGT04
02-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Didn't your mother ever teach you if you don't have something nice to say, post on other forums?

:)

:rofl: