PDA

View Full Version : PORKY's?

sonicx
02-26-2011, 10:30 PM
So I heard today that Porkys has been sold to developers. So I heard that it may have been bought by the same people that own the retirement center behind it. It's gonna be bulldozed and replaced with more of the same it sounds like. Anyone know anything more? Guess people are going to have to find a new place... hmmm wonder what it's going to be??

Dazed1
02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
NNOOOO!!!!!!!:cussing::cussing::badidea::badidea:: badidea:

ShadowGT04
02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
How could they do this to such a classic place. They could take the porky's on 65 if they want to because nobody cares about that one. But the porky's in Midway!!!! That's the original porky's. Where are we going to go after Summer Nationals or Back to the 50's? :thud::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing ::cussing::thud::umno::protest:

sonicx
02-27-2011, 12:45 PM
How could they do this to such a classic place. They could take the porky's on 65 if they want to because nobody cares about that one.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that PORKY's closed up awhile back too. Not even a website. The end of an "hangout hot rod joint" era and then some.

LadyCobra
02-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Minnetonka Drive-In is still around :)

No1Ford
02-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Red savoys has a descent size parking lot. :whisper:

drop top
02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Red savoys has a descent size parking lot. :whisper:

I hear the owner is an internet tough guy????

No1Ford
02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
I hear the owner is an internet tough guy????

Shhh, don't tell everyone!

TF2v97SN
02-27-2011, 04:08 PM
is there enough room at savoys for some 2laneracing?

No1Ford
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
is there enough room at savoys for some 2laneracing?

:think:

If I had to guess, it has more spot than porkys.

ptbr45
02-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Couple places come to mine that are cool spots to cruise. The first is Minnetonka Drive in on Thursday nights. The other is The Pizza Shop in W. St. Paul. Any other cruise spots?

sonicx
02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Wagner's off co. rd. 81 and 694.

Here the write up story about the closing of Porky's if anyone was curious of reading (really long)
http://www.landlordpolitics.com/porkys.html

soulfisher
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Scanned the article. That is the Minneapolis Porky's that closed. The St Paul one is supposedly still open. As of yesterday, Soucheray stated in an article in the Pioneer Press that Porky's intent was to remain open through the Light Rail construction. Of course, do we want to drive our cars down University ave if it's all torn up for light rail. I can see lots of stones, gravel and bumps. They may intend to stay open, we'll see what happens.

SnakeByte
03-01-2011, 08:12 AM
St.Paul Porkey's is still open, I was there last night to pickup some injectors, a Strawberry shake and some onion rings FTW!

sonicx
03-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Wagner's off co. rd. 81 and 694.

Here the write up story about the closing of Porky's if anyone was curious of reading (really long)
http://www.landlordpolitics.com/porkys.html

IM SORRY GUYS.... I should have noted that the article given was of the other porky's closing (which is now closed). I should have added The Porky's Minneapolis story...No.... I still speak off the Porky's off UNI.

St.Paul Porkey's is still open, I was there last night to pickup some injectors, a Strawberry shake and some onion rings FTW!

That one is now going to be closing as well here soon. Better get your fix as much as you can. lol :(

No1Ford
03-01-2011, 10:00 AM

Ricer :uhoh:

SnakeByte
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Ricer :uhoh:
Oh so your UAW thug-mobile doesn't use injectors anymore or?......:kickbutt:

66gtk
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Wagners is cool, and underutilized at this point - would like to see more support there. Food is good and prices are excellent for the treats. I've been to MTKA drive in several times on Thursdays. Getting very crowded and tough to find parking, but my kids like to go there and get a treat. I love the drive around the lake taking the HWY 15 route. The call it Hot Rod thursdays and is mostly an older car type of thing, but a few newer cars show up as well.

No1Ford
03-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Oh so your UAW thug-mobile doesn't use injectors anymore or?......:kickbutt:

Not injectors that burns rice! Mine burn pure gasoline; you know the stuff that contributes to global warming. :uhoh: Ahhhh, I can smell it now! 92octane in my high compression motor thats going to nuke at any second!

ShadowGT04
03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I hope they dont close the one in St. Paul. We should protest if they do try to bulldoze it:cussing:

sonicx
03-01-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope they dont close the one in St. Paul. We should protest if they do try to bulldoze it:cussing:

Think thats a losing battle as the land has been sold to a developer :eek5:

SnakeByte
03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Not injectors that burns rice! Mine burn pure gasoline; you know the stuff that contributes to global warming. :uhoh: Ahhhh, I can smell it now! 92octane in my high compression motor thats going to nuke at any second! I soon will be running on the Corn not the Rice son!

1991lx
03-05-2011, 05:37 AM
I agree with the previous Wagner posts. Nice place, good food, plenty of parking.

sonicx
03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Just had a buddy text me that he went to pickup some food at Porky's & he asked when they were closing, "End of March or early April" was the response. I've also been informed that depending on Wagner's could become then new spot for Car people.

1991lx
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Years ago I remember that Wagners was a hangout on a specific night of the week. Anyone remember that or know if it's still a weekly meeting spot?

Also would this be a good location for MNFord and TC Stangs to have a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cruise in? I would like to see a event as such that pulls our clubs together in the north metro.

sonicx
03-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Years ago I remember that Wagners was a hangout on a specific night of the week. Anyone remember that or know if it's still a weekly meeting spot?

Also would this be a good location for MNFord and TC Stangs to have a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cruise in? I would like to see a event as such that pulls our clubs together in the north metro.

It's Thurs & my GM friends are leaning towards it as their new option... but can't say too much on their forum. People are looking to keep it a bit more classy and adult-like with the fresh start. :Haveabeer:

1991lx
03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
People are looking to keep it a bit more classy and adult-like with the fresh start. :Haveabeer:[/QUOTE]

Well that leaves us out then!

1991lx
03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe we could shoot for Fridays?

sonicx
03-10-2011, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE]Well that leaves us out then!

nay.... lol

It wasn't meant like that. For the regulars whom attended porky's friday nights know kinda what iam referring to.

Spree B
03-12-2011, 08:11 AM
A few of us went there last night, hounded the workers and they said to us that they aren't closing. The one kid even called the owner and he/she said they weren't. I am unsure who to really believe at this point.

SnakeByte
03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Dairyette on Minnehaha just east of Johnson Pkwy is another good option if Porkey's real does close?

SnakeByte
03-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah I talked directly to a Porkey's employee and yes, April 12th they are closing, forever, they are being bought out by developers?

Dam sad day indeed........:-<

For those who still want to remember what Porkey's was to MN, pickup yourself one of these cool LED wall mounted/framed posters, while you still can!

http://www.zedds.com/porkys.html

Just over $100 for the large model, the best price on the web, very Cool!

sonicx
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Yup it was even the paper stating that last week. Kinda figured it was because of whom I talked too. Sad indeed.... but people will move on.

ShadowGT04
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
:splat::thud::cussing::flipoff::thdown::argue::arg ::pissed::mad::bawling:

Sorry for all the smileys but it sucks. They cant close Porky's!

FLSTCI71
03-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah I talked directly to a Porkey's employee and yes, April 12th they are closing, forever, they are being bought out by developers?

Dam sad day indeed........:-<

For those who still want to remember what Porkey's was to MN, pickup yourself one of these cool LED wall mounted/framed posters, while you still can!

http://www.zedds.com/porkys.html

A Camaro and a Chevelle? Seriously? Not even if it was free....

SnakeByte
03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry classic muscle is just that!

sonicx
03-29-2011, 07:53 AM
For those who still want to remember what Porkey's was to MN, pickup yourself one of these cool LED wall mounted/framed posters, while you still can! http://www.zedds.com/porkys.html

Well now that Porky's is almost gone the truth comes out. They really didn't like to serve FORD or even MOPAR guys. Otherwise they'd have at least another choice besides chevy to show that they cared about others besides GM boys.... people should be upset about that more then the closing. LMAFO JK JK

Sorry classic muscle is just that!

Indeedly soo.... wouldn't mind having that chevelle if it was a SS w/ a 454 :wink:

SnakeByte
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Just read in the St.Paul paper today that "Porkey's will be closing its doors forever this Sunday"...?

So if you want to get your colon cleansed, and say good bye to a MN Icon for motorheads, you better get down there this weekend!

Rain or Shine, I'm going down there Sat night to pay my respects.

No1Ford
04-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Just read in the St.Paul paper today that "Porkey's will be closing its doors forever this Sunday"...?

So if you want to get your colon cleansed, and say good bye to a MN Icon for motorheads, you better get down there this weekend!

Rain or Shine, I'm going down there Sat night to pay my respects.

Ricer!:flamethrower:

DNeinstadt
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
You and about 10,000 others! Saturday is going to be BUSY!

pnkrckr
04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
You and about 10,000 others! Saturday is going to be BUSY!

You were right!:lol: Took so much video with my phone!

ShadowGT04
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I was down saturday night. The place was so packed with people doing burnouts :burnout: the cops were even their and didnt do anything about it. I also went down today and got 1 last meal from their. The line at around 11:30 am was about 40 minutes and when I left it was over an hour wait. They had a big picture you could sign and would be auctioned off later on. I purchased an original menu from 1955 that was on the car ports they had back in the day. I also took lots of pictures that are up on my facebook and a few videos i will post on my youtube page. Good Bye Porky's Thank You for all the memories :bncry:

No1Ford
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/Long-Lines-at-Porkys?CMP=201104_emailshare

sonicx
04-06-2011, 12:09 AM
WOW... I see that PORKY's Sign is starting to get kinda pricy.... IDC even if it's the real deal, still alot of cash. http://auctionmasters.com/cgi-bin/mn...?amasters7/113

I also saw from another forum... A BUNCH OF BURNOUT videos. Heard the cops went slack over the weekend. Anyone participate? :djparty:

ptbr45
04-18-2011, 08:01 AM
I saw on the news last night that they moved the building to a temporary site until they can move it to it's new home in Hastings.