PDA

View Full Version : Slow day on the forum?

engnerdan
03-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Wow, everybody must actually be working and not cruising the internet today.

-Dan

HMMRDWN
03-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Work work work... mid week, trying to get everything done so I can enjoy the weekend!

Video_Master
03-31-2010, 09:44 AM
I am out drivng around so I can only check in so often.

engnerdan
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Work work work... mid week, trying to get everything done so I can enjoy the weekend!

What do you do for work? I am an Engineering Tech (engineer without the degree).

-Dam

DNeinstadt
03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm at a meeting in Monticello with MCCafferty. :)

LadyCobra
03-31-2010, 10:15 AM
No internet access in the house (hardware issue in our area for DSL). Quick pass through while I check email using Rod's sprint card.

Ruiner
03-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Work, and just tired of the internet/forum thing for the time being. Tis spring fever, I reckon. :)

engnerdan
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
No internet access in the house (hardware issue in our area for DSL). Quick pass through while I check email using Rod's sprint card.

Ouch painful, I know it is really sad to say but I don't think I have been without internet for more then about 12 hours in the last 3 years.

-Dan

HAULNSS
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM

Wow, even I have DSL out here in the sticks. It isn't real fast, but it is kind of expensive.

LadyCobra
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
We have DSL, it just was out. :lol:

Appears to be back up and running now. Was out for almost 24 hours though. I only suffered minor withdrawals. Other issues cropped up here to keep me busy.

HMMRDWN
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
What do you do for work? I am an Engineering Tech (engineer without the degree).

-Dam

I work for a software development company that builds financial accounting systems for banks and brokerage firms. You can learn more about my company and the Financial Systems Segment at: http://www.sungard.com
Chances are if you've ever purchased a stock or bond, you've used my company's software to route the order to market, perform settlement and clearance functions. And your brokerage or bank uses our software to peform the accounting and regulatory reporting functions. I head up the Professional Services area that specializes in customizations, new product installations, consulting, etc. I have a bachelors degree in accounting and two masters degrees, one in business administration and the other in technology management. Hmmm.... you'd think I'd be a boring chick, wouldn't ya??? NOT!!!!

shadowMN
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
78 degrees at 5:00 PM.... heading out for Prescott (with the lid down) to grab a bite to eat. Can't pass this up. Off the rest of the week, so planning on cruisin somewhere tomorrow afternoon...maybe down to Wabasha and have lunch at Slippery's. If anyone want to go, PM me. :turborun:

Video_Master
03-31-2010, 04:20 PM
I get home and internet is down in our entire area. This really sucks.

HAULNSS
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
I work for a software development company that builds financial accounting systems for banks and brokerage firms. You can learn more about my company and the Financial Systems Segment at: http://www.sungard.com
Chances are if you've ever purchased a stock or bond, you've used my company's software to route the order to market, perform settlement and clearance functions. And your brokerage or bank uses our software to peform the accounting and regulatory reporting functions. I head up the Professional Services area that specializes in customizations, new product installations, consulting, etc. I have a bachelors degree in accounting and two masters degrees, one in business administration and the other in technology management. Hmmm.... you'd think I'd be a boring chick, wouldn't ya??? NOT!!!!

Wow. Sungard used to be one of my accounts when I was a computer geek. I helped them with most of their disaster recovery stuff and all the related testing. (I used to work at CNT, which then became McData, which then became Brocade,........)

Randy

Video_Master
03-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Randy, you are an EX CNT guy? Too funny. I know a bunch of the CNT guys.

HMMRDWN
03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow. Sungard used to be one of my accounts when I was a computer geek. I helped them with most of their disaster recovery stuff and all the related testing. (I used to work at CNT, which then became McData, which then became Brocade,........)

Randy

Small world! They call the disaster recovery division "availability services" now-a-days. I moved to Minnesota to work for this company just about 14 years ago. Thought I'd stay for three years or so, but am still there. I suppose I like it still. :)

HAULNSS
03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Randy, you are an EX CNT guy? Too funny. I know a bunch of the CNT guys.

Yep. I was there for about 4 years. It was great money, but kind of crappy hours (on call, overnights, weekends, etc) and a little stressful (high visibility, expensive outages, etc.). There were eight rounds of layoffs from the time I started until I got mine.

Small world! They call the disaster recovery division "availability services" now-a-days. I moved to Minnesota to work for this company just about 14 years ago. Thought I'd stay for three years or so, but am still there. I suppose I like it still. :)

Good for you! Not everybody has a job they really enjoy.