PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell, Sodak

p51mstg
03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Anybody ever been to a museum in Mitchell, SD, called the "Telstar Mustang Shelby Cobra Museum"? I found an old brochure, and just wondering if it still exists.

The brochure claims that "this could be the highlight of your entire vacation!"

MadJack
03-27-2011, 01:44 PM
i've been to another in the dakota's ... but not this one.

soulfisher
03-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Anybody ever been to a museum in Mitchell, SD, called the "Telstar Mustang Shelby Cobra Museum"? I found an old brochure, and just wondering if it still exists.

The brochure claims that "this could be the highlight of your entire vacation!"

The club went there on a cruise about 4-5 years back. I don't know if anyone has been there since. It was a great destination.

It seems to still exist based on Google.

STS_Stang
03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
It's there, my dad and I stopped on the way to Sturgis last year. It was ok, but they are really trying to sell their restoration shop services to you. I guess if you like looking at cars that have no fluids in them and you haven't seen every type of shelby and you are out there, it's good. $20 a person - kind steep in my opinion. Pretty much every car you see is in the brochure as well.

HELLFYR
03-28-2011, 06:52 AM
We stop in Mitchell each year on our trip out to Sturgis for the Mustang Rally. We stopped and visited Jerry (the Telstar dude) 2 years, then with nothing changing we haven't gone back. The price is a little much, but if you have any desire to see some awesome cars, it's worth it to do it once. He will typically take a car to the rally (one of the newer cars, the old Shelby's just get to sit there and look purty). There may even be pics up in the gallery from one of our trips there.

Rod

LadyCobra
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I think there might be photos from out trip to Sturgis in 2009 at our stop at Telstar here: http://svtoatc.com/2009_photos/