PDA

View Full Version : It was a nice run!

No1Ford
03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Well The Mach is gone! :(

Sad to see her go but it's just time to move on. I'll try not to be a stranger.

Later,
Chris

robl110
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Seen it on Cl the other day but didn't want to say anything. Did you sell without the SC?

No1Ford
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Package deal. Sold it as is.

DNeinstadt
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear the news Chris, try to come by and visit..

No1Ford
03-31-2011, 09:22 PM
It's no big deal. Life changes, never can tell whAts going to happen next. :)

TF2v97SN
03-31-2011, 09:43 PM
sad... only one flamed car left

LadyCobra
03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
:( but there's always the next one! Don't be a stranger.

LadyCobra
03-31-2011, 09:48 PM
sad... only one flamed car left

For now.

SnakeByte
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Cograts bro, good luck looking at those 1200 whp supras!

TF2v97SN
04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
For now.

something you know about that i do not?

HELLFYR
04-01-2011, 10:45 AM
something you know about that i do not?

Going to get a Boss 302 and flame it out ... just to watch people cry. :bawling:

sonicx
04-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey Chris, sad to hear about you moving on yet a time comes when we all move on. Are you still going to the strip this summer... and if so you got a different car to bring?

No1Ford
04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I still plan on coming to the strip. I pick up something yesterday to replace one of the vehicles I sold. :)

SVTL919
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
and i know what it is....:banana:

DNeinstadt
04-04-2011, 11:41 PM
So do we... :)

Grenade
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
You had a lot of fun in that very fast Mach. What's next?

No1Ford
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I had a ton of fun in that car! It just loved eating Evo's, camaros,gto's and a few Cobras! :uhoh:

What's next?

I picked up 2011 F150 Ecoboost, some guy was texting me last night how he would give me a good deal on a tune for it. Not sure if I'm ready for that? But we were think of buying a camper trailer and doing some state jumping. Oh and I'm getting married some time this year. :)

DNeinstadt
04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
A tune = no warranty... instantly...

66gtk
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Grenade is back?!?! nice to see!

HELLFYR
04-29-2011, 07:08 AM
NOT TRUE
The tune can't cause failure of many of the car components.
For example, putting a tune in your car CANNOT make the bearings in the rear-end go bad.
I know from experience, that Ford will honor the Magnusson Moss act you just need to
lean on them a little and force them to get involved.

My car was modded to the teeth, and had a tune in it to push 150hp over stock and they
still covered the hatched carrier bearings in the rearend. Granted they had a Ford engineer
present when the rearend was opened to make sure everything was stock in there (which it was... and is),
but they honored their warranty.

Rod

DNeinstadt
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
I can tell you that if you put a tune in your newer Ford vehicle, it will mark the computer as having been tuned so if you have blown up turbos, the tune would be blamed..

There are a ton of posts in the Ecoboost forums about this..

HELLFYR
04-29-2011, 07:35 AM
If you blow up your engine, YES.... most likely.
It was potentially caused by the tune.

If you hatch the tranny... maybe... if the power rating for your car with tune exceeds the power rating of the tranny, or if the tune is playing with
shift points.

I'm just saying the full vehicle warranty cannot be eliminated upon putting a tune in your vehicle.

Unless the new Ford paperwork explicitely states that any modifications to the ECU results in immediate suspension of warranty (which it might).
But even then, a decent lawyer will bring the Magnuson Moss Act into play and likely get things taken care of provided Ford cannot PROVE
without a doubt that it was the tune that caused the failure.

Rod

No1Ford
04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
NOT TRUE
The tune can't cause failure of many of the car components.
For example, putting a tune in your car CANNOT make the bearings in the rear-end go bad.
I know from experience, that Ford will honor the Magnusson Moss act you just need to
lean on them a little and force them to get involved.

My car was modded to the teeth, and had a tune in it to push 150hp over stock and they
still covered the hatched carrier bearings in the rearend. Granted they had a Ford engineer
present when the rearend was opened to make sure everything was stock in there (which it was... and is),
but they honored their warranty.

Rod

This^^

I can count the mods I had on the Mach? I broke a few things and they still fixed it.

DNeinstadt
04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealerships
Subject: Aftermarket Modifications – Warranty Cancellation

BACKGROUND
Aftermarket companies (referred to as "tuners") attempt to increase an engine's torque and power output beyond the design limits which may cause powertrain failures. This is often accomplished by modifying the engine calibration (referred to as "chipping") but may also include modifications or adjustments to other components.

Per the Warranty Guide that is provided to the customer and the Warranty & Policy Manual, failures resulting from modifications are not warranted by Ford Motor Company. All powertrains are subject to warranty cancellation if a modification causes a failure.

For the 3.5L EcoBoost technical service bulletin TSB 10-2-6 was published to enable your technicians to determine:
If a powertrain failure resulted from an unauthorized modification
If the engine, transmission, or entire powertrain warranty should be cancelled
Per the inspection process included in this TSB a Ford Motor Company inspector may assist with this analysis. When the inspection process clearly indicates that a failure was caused by an unauthorized modification/alteration the repair should not be completed under Warranty and, using the following process, the vehicle's remaining Engine, Transmission, or Powertrain warranty should be cancelled.

WARRANTY CANCELLATION PROCESS
To initiate a warranty cancellation on an affected vehicle, submit a warranty cancellation request form through FMCDealer.com. This on-line form can be accessed as follows:
FMCDealer.com
Select Parts & Service tab
Select Warranty Administration & Parts Return
Select Warranty Cancellation / Reinstatement Request Form
Complete and submit this form on-line.
Once the warranty is cancelled an OASIS message will advise all dealerships that the vehicle is no longer eligible for warranty coverage

No1Ford
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't like you anymore Dan! Your like my exwife, you suck the fun out of everything!:uhoh:

DNeinstadt
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I lost a warranty claim in my Cobra due to a polished/ported supercharger, wider tires, and an exhaust system when one of the tips of the factory spark plugs broke off...

Just sayin', while the mighty keyboard warriors of the Internet CLAIM your warranty won't be denied.... it sure CAN be. And I didn't hire a lawyer to fight my case for me...

(Although now I wish I had!)
Dan

HELLFYR
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah, what you quoted out of the warranty specs is nothing new. That is the exact clause that i was referring to. :)

"failures resulting from modifications"

That is EXACTLY what they must prove.

Rod

DNeinstadt
04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
True, a lot of people on the Ecoboost forums are scared of adding flash tuners/handhelds because it "marks" the CPU.