PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I'm so excited I won!!!

66gtk
04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Just got an email today from BIR that I won a free session with their Spec Racers for the performance driving school. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to do this and couldn't figure out the expenses. Glad I decided to go to that GSTA show at the last minute and filled out that raffle registration. Has anybody here done this before?

p51mstg
04-25-2011, 04:05 PM
That's really cool! It's on my wish list - haven't been there yet.

:3gears:

GMan
04-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Very nice Troy.

Dazed1
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Very cool Troy, I'm envious!:funny:

HMMRDWN
04-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Have fun! When do you get to go?

HAULNSS
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
You're probably busy that day, so I will take that off of your hands........:hehehmn:

I've known Gary Curtis from BIR for awhile from all the track days that Todd @ Track Time Motorsports has done. One morning at the track, Gary asked if I had ever been in a Spec Racer. I responded, "Nope". His reply was "See me after lunch". :turborun::bounce:

Oh My Gosh. :headbang:

Words can't describe the fun you are going to have Troy. Bring a GoPro camera or something with you because you will be speechless for a few days and unable to find the words to describe it to others.

Congrats on the WIN!

Randy

F8LBITE
04-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Oh, is that all. From the title of the thread I thought you had won some free Zaino!
Very cool, Troy! Have fun!

DNeinstadt
04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Do you know anyone that can take pics??? JUST KIDDING.

Enjoy the experience, you are a lucky man!

66gtk
04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
I can use the prize on any of the performance driving school days on the schedule. May try and make a short little family excursion out of the deal unless I can find a car buddy who wants to join me and then I'll just do it animal style. Who's in?

HAULNSS
04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I can use the prize on any of the performance driving school days on the schedule. May try and make a short little family excursion out of the deal unless I can find a car buddy who wants to join me and then I'll just do it animal style. Who's in?

They have $69 Sunday rates at some of the waterpark hotels. We'd go up on Sunday, play in the waterpark and go out to dinner as a mini-vacation. On Monday morning, I'd buzz to the track and they'd stay and play at the waterpark until lunch time or so and then join me at the track.

It works as a nice mini vacation for us.

Randy

66gtk
04-26-2011, 03:17 PM
They have $69 Sunday rates at some of the waterpark hotels. We'd go up on Sunday, play in the waterpark and go out to dinner as a mini-vacation. On Monday morning, I'd buzz to the track and they'd stay and play at the waterpark until lunch time or so and then join me at the track.

It works as a nice mini vacation for us.

Randy

That's exactly what I was thinking!