PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results

HELLFYR
04-29-2011, 07:27 AM
For those not on Facebook...

Was at DB Performance yesterday having Danny work his magic on the cobra. Recently all the gas stations in our area quit carrying anything higher than 91 octane. Currently the nearest station with 92 is nearly 20 miles away. So... in combination with the fuel mods (Removed BAP, then added Fore Hat, Ford GT Supercar Pumps, Dual FPDM, enhanced wiring for better voltage stabilization)... I had Danny tune the car to run on 91 octane fuel as its primary (and now ONLY) tune.

With VERY good air (51*) the car put down 540rwhp ... UP from 517 on the old 93 tune (with BAP).

The results were astonishing to say the least. I went in expecting to lose about 20hp on the tune to lower grade fuel. We also saw the boost peaking at 16#. Have all the charts at home I'll scan in eventually and get them posted up. The chart below is a camera-phone shot of HP and Air/Fuel.
It's kinda dark, but the air fuel hovers around 11.6 to 11.8.

We did get to 544rwhp at one point, but the car exhibited a knock at the torque peak (just one slightly audible) so we backed down the timing a bit in that area of the rpm range and all is happy now.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/rocfoc/Dyno2011.png

Thanks DANNY!

Rod

HAULNSS
04-29-2011, 08:32 AM
WOOHOO!

That should be good for a solid 12.000000000000000001!

:uhoh::outtahere:

notnss
04-29-2011, 08:34 AM
I bet with a fresh coat of Zaino it'll shave off that .000000000000000000000001 and bring it to a 12 flat

Nice numbers Rod!

MadJack
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM
love the look of the power curve! looks real good rod.i'm still learning the newer stangs and what not, whats the BAP, and a Fore Hat and a Dual FPDM ?sorry for the dumb question.

66gtk
04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Congratulations Rod.

No1Ford
04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
No excuse not to run a 11.7 now! :nod:

HELLFYR
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
BAP = Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, it increases the voltage level at the fuel pumps so they push out more volume... very common and relatively cheap solution since the pumps are (from the factory) never run to the max of their ability.

Fore Hat - replaces the stock fuel hat, eliminating all the hoses that wrap around and under and through and all over in the tank. Straight feed Pumps to internal billet Y to output... eliminates at least 9 points of failure (of which I think all 9 at one point or another failed on my stock setup.

FPDM = Fuel Pump Driver Module - It controls the voltage level being delivered to the fuel pumps. From the factory, our cobras come with one FPDM driving both pumps, and with the stock pump amerage draw that is sufficient... But, upping the ante with the GT pumps the draw would exceed the capabilities of the stock FPDM in stock configuration. So, I chose to add a 2nd FPDM and have each one only drive one GT pump, thereby splitting the amperage draw between them.
Others choose to utilize a single modified FPDM instead that has a stronger choke in it allowing for more current draw as well. Early units of that nature had
a tendency to overheat and send the car into thermal shutdown (just like a single stock FPDM would). More current units seem to work fairly well. I chose the
dual route simply because I don't want to have to deal with it again.
End result for this change for me was going from roughly 92 (or maybe it was 94%) fuel pump duty cycle down to 76%.

Rod

HELLFYR
04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
No excuse not to run a 11.7 now! :nod:

Only excuse is not having any time to get to the track, and a driver who doesn't know how to shift his car. :uhoh:

MadJack
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
sounds good rod, thx for educating me :)

Miller
04-29-2011, 06:27 PM
How come you haven't just gone to E85? Just curious.

ShadowGT04
04-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Not bad. I tuned today at DB and mad 393 hp and 410 foot lbs of torque. The boos-a-pump thats on my car isnt working so it leans out a after 5000 rpms so i need to look for a new one of them and see how that helps Danny put in a rev limiter at 5200rpms to prevent anything bad from happening. All in all im happy seeing as its only a 2 valve running 9lbs of boost. If i could figure out how to post a pic in the forum I would. And if i knew how i could put it in the signature i would. If you have me on facebook you will see it as my profile picture.

HELLFYR
04-30-2011, 08:01 AM
How come you haven't just gone to E85? Just curious.

If I were racing it every weekend I probably would. But just driving the car, it's nice to have the range (distance it can be driven) on a tank of fuel.
Particularly when travelling in the middle of nowhere out in South Dakota and the likes. There is one stretch on our trip to Sturgis where
the distance between fuel stations that carry e85 is greater than the distance the car would be able to go on a tank of e85.

Rod