PDA

View Full Version : What would you want in the new mustang?

sonicx
05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I know that Ford is just rolling off the 2012's models & the redisigned 2014's are still 2 years away but I thought it would be interesting to hear what you'd like to see in the new mustang or otherwise (if any) what Ford would have to include in the mustang (thats not already added). Or if it's okay (fine) just the way it is. Any and everything open to debate (interior, exterior, handling,performance, etc) except saying lower prices.... because thats something EVERYONE would agree is a given. :)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

This is my list.
>For it to shed a few pounds
>Add in 4.10s & 3.73 options to both auto & stick from the factory.
>Convertable top like what the Cadillac XLR has. I like it compared to ragtops.
>Put in an option of an automatic with a manual mode (dual clutch transmission - with either paddle shifters or the up/down press of the stick) - for all the auto like the NEW Camaro's have
>Redo the back rear end (that plastic piece still bugs me a lil)
>If possible stretch the rear leg room a bit bump
>Bump the v-6 to 315hp and mpg to 35 & to 30mpg's in the v8 (dunno if that possible, but its been really cool).
> I'd like to seen maybe 2014 or 2015 for them to make a limited edition MACH 1 again.
>Make trak-pack level handling standard on the GT premium's only.

HELLFYR
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Rumors have it that the 2014 will be shedding pounds, and appearance. It is actually being referred to as the "Mustang III" in some development groups along the vane of referring to it like the "Mustang II".

I hope Ford doesn't do something dumb like that...

sonicx
05-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I can't see a radical change to the appearance, if so, highly doubt it'll last a year or two because no1 would want to buy 1.

66gtk
05-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Remember when they tried to KILL the Mustang and replace it with the mighty Probe?

FLSTCI71
05-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Remember when they tried to KILL the Mustang and replace it with the mighty Probe?

Ah yes, the Probe. The Ford/Mazda joint venture car affectionately referred to as the "Maztang". After it didn't sell well, Ford said the name made some potential female buyers feel "uncomfortable". It wasn't the name part that bugged me, it was the Mazda part. lol.

TaLoN
05-04-2011, 07:09 PM
I can't see a radical change to the appearance, if so, highly doubt it'll last a year or two because no1 would want to buy 1.
Actually, word has it, the 2014 Mustang will be the first Mustang with global design influences. Obviously, a car that historically has been 100% designed in this country... this may have some dramatic changes in store... especially since that will also be the 50th anniversary car. I know on a GT500 forum I have spent time on... people are very weary of how this is going to come out.

2014 Mustang to have Global Design Influences (http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2011/03/2014-mustang-to-have-global-design-influences/)

Blackcoog
05-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Cutting weight is probably the best thing they could do.

What are everyone's thoughts on another IRS setup? The GT500 seemed to get slammed in some of the reviews because of the solid rear axle. I know the hardcore racers want the solid axle for the track but that is going to be a small percentage of the buyers. Leave the solid axle swap kits up to the aftermarket.

No1Ford
05-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Actually, word has it, the 2014 Mustang will be the first Mustang with global design influences. Obviously, a car that historically has been 100% designed in this country... this may have some dramatic changes in store... especially since that will also be the 50th anniversary car. I know on a GT500 forum I have spent time on... people are very weary of how this is going to come out.

2014 Mustang to have Global Design Influences (http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2011/03/2014-mustang-to-have-global-design-influences/)

This^^^

Oh and here's what is going to look like! :uhoh:

Blackcoog
05-05-2011, 11:12 AM
This^^^

Looks good....... lol

DNeinstadt
05-05-2011, 12:53 PM
This^^^

Mach 3?

sonicx
05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Cutting weight is probably the best thing they could do.

What are everyone's thoughts on another IRS setup? The GT500 seemed to get slammed in some of the reviews because of the solid rear axle. I know the hardcore racers want the solid axle for the track but that is going to be a small percentage of the buyers. Leave the solid axle swap kits up to the aftermarket.

If Ford was smart, make it a opptional feature that you could get. But Im not sure how it'd work w/ their current models platforms, prob work good just im not sure how they incorporate it ex: price n such.

> Have to do alot of road test lol.

This^^^

Im not too concerned honestly, critical debate & fear has happened like this before when a complete redisign was in the work. The GM guys were shaking bad b4 the new camaro came out. There alot of kool-aid drinkers out there that hear euro and run for the hills. lol Thats just my personal thought, i know it isn't right could be though. who knows?

I do feel comfortable saying this, FORD im sure is "in the know" about different internet chatter concerning this subject. It'd be a C.E.M. (career ending move) for those individuals whom butched the Mustang legancy if it didn't turn out right.