PDA

View Full Version : OPINION PLEASE

Apple Valley Ford
05-05-2011, 09:08 AM
WE ARE LOOKING INTO BECOMING A MMR DEALER FOR THEIR ENGINES, WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE IS USING THEIR SHORT BLOCK/ LONG BLOCKS.
THANKS AVFRACING

HELLFYR
05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I do not have an MMR block, but I had not heard good things about them in the past. Their crank balancing and ring installation procedures left much in question and caused several engines to Kaboom!

However...

It seems they are taking a new approach with their work (quoted from a Forum MMR frequents - corral.net)
This is a posting by MMR:

MMR is making big changes to the way our warranty and customer service works on all shortblocks and longblocks. Over the years we have seen everything from holes in the pistons to engines run out of oil to brand new engines sucking up debris from the previous engine failures. There are always two sides to a failure, the one you hear on the internet and the real cause! In this business we see the install shops blame the tuners and the tuners blame the engine
builders! At MMR we understand things happen in racing and installations can go bad and accidents (http://forums.corral.net/forums/#) happen. We are taking our warranty to a whole new level. Starting immediately all MMR engines purchased after July 14, 2010 will have a "No questions asked warranty" ! This means even if the the buyer runs the engine out of oil or burns a hole in the top of a piston we will cover the labor for NO CHARGE - the customer will simply be responsible for the parts he/she damaged. Our standard 1 year parts and labor warranty will still be in affect for the engine so you are completely covered regardless of the fault. No more good guy/bad guy and he said she said! Just quality and service!

Other great changes/info:

Unlike Ford Racing, MMR engines do not require installation by a Ford Dealer to retain the warranty. Install it yourself in your garage - just be carefull and take your time! Ask questions if you are unsure

Our new Optional Extended Warranty covers the engine for an additional 6 months and includes shipping
to and from MMR if warranty service were ever required.

Dedicated customer service dept. to handle install questions and warranty questions/concerns

Best rated Engine Builder in the country by the BBB with a A+ Rating - none of our competitors can claim this (even Ford Racing!) (most of our big competitors have a failing grade or are not even registered with the BBB) The BBB is a goverment agency for the consumer.

MMR wants you to join the 10,000+ engine customers we have worldwide, we are commited to customer service and providing a high quality (http://forums.corral.net/forums/#) product. We have seen the other guys come and go
yet MMR has remainded the largest volume hand built Mustang engine retailer in the world.

Simply put we want your business guys and we hope our new changes will earn it, after all, unhappy customers do us no good! We would like to give a big thank you to all of our past and current customers and extend a warm welcome to our new customers

Sincerely,

The MMR Customer Service and Warranty Team

Modular Mustang Racing
A division of Modular Motorsports (http://forums.corral.net/forums/#) Inc.

Sounds to me like a company looking to back their workmanship.

Rod

DNeinstadt
05-05-2011, 10:10 AM
I have a MMR shortblock in my Cobra and it is working out well. I had heard some issues at one point about their oil pumps for modular motors but I bought a different one before I put it in my car and it has been just fine.

Dan