PDA

View Full Version : It begins!!

Saleen2bfree
05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I have been bugging this for years to sell me his Mach 1 and he finally caved in. let's see what it becomes. Lot's of fun work ahead.:baby:
DP

DNeinstadt
05-18-2011, 07:25 PM
1970! Nice. I am jealous. :)

MadJack
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
love it, cant wait to see it in person, whens the homecoming bbq? lol

John Vilsack
05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
A million congratulations are not enough. One of my unicorn cars.

ShadowGT04
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Doug thats so sweet man congrats on the new project! I would love to help work on it if you need some help or would just like to have some company. Whats it got for a power plant?

sonicx
05-19-2011, 07:08 PM
very very cool

Saleen2bfree
05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys,

It's a 351w that has been balanced and blueprinted with a medium comp cam and roush heads and all the goods. He spent all of his money on the chassis and motor work but the body and interior are quite rough. (Desert car) I'm plucking the engine and getting it running in short order with shiny things and go fast stuff. It's an automatic :( and non matching motor so I guess it's restomod time. All in all I get to play in the garage and get dirty fingernails. I am really happy. I will post progress pictures soon :spin2:
Doug

66gtk
05-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Congratulations Doug! That will be a mighty fun car for you.

HAULNSS
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys,

It's a 351w that has been balanced and blueprinted with a medium comp cam and roush heads and all the goods. He spent all of his money on the chassis and motor work but the body and interior are quite rough. (Desert car) I'm plucking the engine and getting it running in short order with shiny things and go fast stuff. It's an automatic :( and non matching motor so I guess it's restomod time. All in all I get to play in the garage and get dirty fingernails. I am really happy. I will post progress pictures soon :spin2:
Doug

If you are going restomod and leaning towards a nice driver, check out this site --> http://www.lateral-g.net/ Some awesome builds with great info in their forum.

Congrats and keep MNFE updated on the progress please.

Randy

Saleen2bfree
05-20-2011, 02:24 PM
If you are going restomod and leaning towards a nice driver, check out this site --> http://www.lateral-g.net/ Some awesome builds with great info in their forum.

Congrats and keep MNFE updated on the progress please.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

Great site! Right when I thought I've been everywhere. This is perfect.:bounce:

Doug