PDA

View Full Version : db performance dyno pulls

MadJack
05-22-2011, 07:22 AM
hey guys, im gonna call down there tomorrow and get some pricing on some dyno pulls to get a base line before i do all the engine work. would anyone be interested in puting their car on the dyno too? probly be sometime in a couple weeks.

robl110
05-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Mines scheduled for Tuesday June 21 @ 8am :)

MadJack
05-22-2011, 08:46 AM
hmmm, tune or just some pulls?

robl110
05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Probably just a few pulls. Chances are the tune is fine. Only thing that's been changed is I got rid of the gt40 intake and put on a rpm II. If it needs an adjustment it will be done. I am mainly going for fun. I have never had a car on a dyno.

MadJack
05-22-2011, 02:05 PM
sweet, im wanting to get a baseline for mine.

LadyCobra
05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Chances are you better call sooner rather than later. Very busy time of year to make an appointment.

MadJack
05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
will be calling tomorrow morning to set an appointmen, just hoping to get a lower rate with more people.

Joe M
05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Ill say maybe for my bronco

MadJack
05-23-2011, 02:31 PM
ya know, that would be cool to see.

HELLFYR
05-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Cart before the horse right now gentlemen.

You are trying to gather people when you have no idea if DB has open dyno time in the near future.
Find out what he has available and what he would need car wise to make a discount (typically it is going to
require about 10 cars... so be prepared for that).

A dyno-day for a group is going to require special planning on any dyno operator's part.
Typically these will only be able to be done under special arrangement on the weekends.

On a side note, you may be able to piggy back with another clubs dyno day as well...
CALL Danny and see what's coming up.

Don't be surprised if there is no dyno time open until late June at this point this is their
busy season and they book-in fast.

Rod

p51mstg
05-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I know where there's dyno time, no appointment necessary:

http://www.concordmobiledyno.com/

I know that's not quite what you guys are looking for (cuz it's a mobile dyno), but it's also easier to get time on the dyno. Better to call him, because I'm not sure how often he checks his e-mail. Looks like he's going to be in Brooklyn Park this Saturday, and in West Concord the next 2 Wednesdays in a row (including tomorrow). WC is about 1hr 45min south of Ham Lake, and about an hour south of Elko, in case you're considering it.

Again, it sounds like you have a specific dyno that you're trying to get time on, and it's worth noting that DB is a club sponsor. But, if you really don't care and just want dyno time, the mobile dyno might be an alternative. Just a suggestion, that's all.

Joe M
05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Another thought, i have seen the following done...
Late night Friday dyno or Sunday Dyno's.

Its obviously up to the owner but pursue those avenues as well.