PDA

View Full Version : Spring Detail pics: 2002 Lightning

jaymz
06-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Just a few shots of the "L" after paint correction and shine-up. Done with a Griots 6" DA, using the following products:

1. Megs Ultimate Compound/Orange LC foam pad
2. Megs Ultimate Polish/white LC pad
3. Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant/Red LC pad
4. Danase Wet Glaze/Blue LC pad

Jim

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/jjaymz/IMG_0949.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/jjaymz/IMG_0948.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/jjaymz/IMG_0951.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/jjaymz/newmods3.jpg

Blackcoog
06-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Looks sexy! Nice job!

p51mstg
06-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Must be Photoshopped - I can't see any flaws!

:corkysm31:

Very nice!

N8's98GT
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Looks great! How do you like the Megs UC and UP? I've been using M105 and M205 for a while now w/ my PC and rotary, but am always interested in hearing about new products.

jaymz
06-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Looks great! How do you like the Megs UC and UP? I've been using M105 and M205 for a while now w/ my PC and rotary, but am always interested in hearing about new products.

I've also been a 105/205 user, but decided to try the UC/UP this spring. #105 can be a PITA to work with, and the UC is really easy. I'll save #105 for the "heavy duty" correction in the future. UP is just great. It sort of combines a polish with a glaze (like #7) so I've been able to eliminate the #7 step from my process (#7 also problematic to work with as it can be hard to remove). UP polishes out very nicely and the oils in it add depth and wetness.

I've also tried Optimum No Rinse wash and it is such a great product, especially if you have to wash with unsoftened water in your driveway! No more water spots and the paint looks so great afterwards.

Was at the local bar yesterday afternoon, and after I got me a beer, I walked out on the deck to smoke a cigar. Couple was out there and asked if that was my truck. I said, "Yeah," and then they asked if I just got it (as it looked so new). After telling them it was an '02, they were shocked. "That's almost ten years old!" I told them it was the factory paint and that I play around with detailing a bit (I seldom go into the process because the eyes glaze over pretty quickly). Most people don't have a clue what's possible with a few compounds, polishes and waxes.

Jim

66gtk
06-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I just got some of that Megs UP at the show yesterday. We'll see how it works!

N8's98GT
06-20-2011, 06:50 AM
I've also tried Optimum No Rinse wash and it is such a great product, especially if you have to wash with unsoftened water in your driveway! No more water spots and the paint looks so great afterwards.

My wife bought me a 1 gallon jug of ONR for Christmas this year and I am in love with this stuff! I washed her Charger in January when it was full of salt by spraying down a panel w/ the ONR mix, then washing w/ 2 buckets and grit guards and to my suprise it left no swirl marks. Perfect product for living in MN. I'm sure it's not completely swirl free, but it's way better than using the drive through "swirl-o-matic" car wash. I also like that I can wash 1 panel at a time on my black Mustang and not worry about using the hose which gets water everywhere and ends up spotting the paint.

Good to hear you like the UC/UP. I'll have to pick some up and give it a try :D

sonicx
06-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Looks good

66gtk
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
My wife bought me a 1 gallon jug of ONR for Christmas this year and I am in love with this stuff! I washed her Charger in January when it was full of salt by spraying down a panel w/ the ONR mix, then washing w/ 2 buckets and grit guards and to my suprise it left no swirl marks. Perfect product for living in MN. I'm sure it's not completely swirl free, but it's way better than using the drive through "swirl-o-matic" car wash. I also like that I can wash 1 panel at a time on my black Mustang and not worry about using the hose which gets water everywhere and ends up spotting the paint.

Good to hear you like the UC/UP. I'll have to pick some up and give it a try :D

+1 on the ONR. Love the stuff!

robl110
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Looks great! Those are my favorite lightning wheels.

drop top
07-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Looks great! Those are my favorite lightning wheels.

Mine too!

Thats why I have 2 sets!!!

robl110
07-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Mine too!

Those wheels are kind of hard to get if I remeber right?

jaymz
07-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Mine too!

I'm looking for ONE wheel; Cheap!

Jim