PDA

View Full Version : Next Burger Night?

sonicx
06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Anyone have any wants/ideas of putting on another "Burger Night"?

Also:
(I know Vsack is tallying up who's "in" & "out" for Car Craft.)

Now for those who are attending and/or also for those available, (Just an idea), but I was wondering if either Friday or Saturday night after CC ends (i think it closes at 6pm-ish) if anyone is down to make that a "burger night/ shake night"?

Thoughts??

DNeinstadt
06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
We talked about this at the meeting, thinking a week from tonight, what do you guys think? Maple Grove this time? 5 guys burgers? Champps?

Dan

1991lx
06-21-2011, 05:15 AM
There is a local cruise in Monday at the Wagners drive in. County 81 and West Broadway in Brooklyn Park. Nice little local place.

N8's98GT
06-21-2011, 06:52 AM
^ Wagners is a good idea... especially since I'm in BC :D

notnss
06-21-2011, 07:31 AM
We talked about this at the meeting, thinking a week from tonight, what do you guys think? Maple Grove this time? 5 guys burgers? Champps?

Dan

Champps would work out perfect, should be able to get seating together

N8's98GT
06-21-2011, 07:38 AM
On Monday's all Champps burgers are only $5.99

Miller
06-21-2011, 08:50 AM
I gotta say, cuz me and my 'rents just went there, Willy's in Coon Rapids on CR blvd had some pretty good burgers. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with burgers on texas toast.

5 guys just built in Mankato, and I am not that impressed. I'll go to Buster's down here any day. Cheaper and way more options!

66gtk
06-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Tried the 5 guys in MG twice. Not impressed, either. Also - parking and seating there would be difficult for a group. Never had a burger at Champps before. Wagners is fun, and the food/treats are very reasonably priced. I don't think I can get my 'stang out of the war zone in my neighborhood, though.

Troy

DNeinstadt
06-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Champps sounds good to me. I'll put up a thread for it.

F8LBITE
06-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Tried the 5 guys in MG twice. Not impressed, either. Also - parking and seating there would be difficult for a group. Never had a burger at Champps before. Wagners is fun, and the food/treats are very reasonably priced. I don't think I can get my 'stang out of the war zone in my neighborhood, though.

Troy

How does 5 guys compare with Smashburger? Smashburger didn't impress me that much.

LadyCobra
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I personally liked 5 Guys the couple times we have gone. Have not been to Smashburger to compare.

66gtk
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
How does 5 guys compare with Smashburger? Smashburger didn't impress me that much.

Hi Randy. They are very different styles of burger IMO. Smashburger is greasy in a good way (IMO) and very full of flavor, but leaves you feeling really full/heavy with calories when you are done. Kind of like Cluvers in a way. I like the fries and shakes, too. 5 Guys was dry, and rather bland (kind of like Sonic IMO). I got the mushrooms and everything, but couldn't really taste the beef. The fries were plentiul and had skin on them (which I usually like), but they didn't taste that yummy to me (compared to skin on fries like Annie's Parlor). That's my review!

66gtk
06-21-2011, 11:41 AM
I know another place with very GOOD burgers - it's a dive bar in Golden Valley called Schuller's Tavern. http://www.schullerstavern.com/

Plenty of parking and seating.

N8's98GT
06-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I've never had Smashburger or 5 Guys, but the best burger's I've had in the twin cities have been from Champp's, Oak City Grill, Red Robin, and Gavern Grill (used to be McTavish's at the Edinburgh golf course).

66gtk
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I did like my Toby Keith burger, too. The sight seeing was also enjoyable. I was dissapointed with Matt's, and I had mixed experiences with 5-8 club this year. Dan and I had GREAT burgers last year at Bulldog NE, and although I wasn't drinking that day, the BEER selection was fantastic and I'm a big fan of craft brew. I wouldn't choose this place for a club event, though. Busy and lousy parking. I also had a very nicely done Burger at Victory 44 this spring that I enjoyed. The chef brings it to you personally! Nice local beer selection as well and service is spectacular. For all around consistency with excellent food, pricing, and service it's hard to beat Doolittles in Golden Valley. Love that place - Best damn Wings anywhere - good burgers and all other food, too! The only thing that makes this place less than perfect is the beer selection.

N8's98GT
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
All this burger talk is making me hungry... and thirst for a good craft beer :drool:

DNeinstadt
06-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Burger night details posted, maybe a south end pick next?

F8LBITE
06-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi Randy. They are very different styles of burger IMO. Smashburger is greasy in a good way (IMO) and very full of flavor, but leaves you feeling really full/heavy with calories when you are done. Kind of like Cluvers in a way. I like the fries and shakes, too. 5 Guys was dry, and rather bland (kind of like Sonic IMO). I got the mushrooms and everything, but couldn't really taste the beef. The fries were plentiul and had skin on them (which I usually like), but they didn't taste that yummy to me (compared to skin on fries like Annie's Parlor). That's my review!

Good review. Everybody's taste varies, and it's interesting to read everybody's opinions,that's why I figured I'd ask ya. I've only eaten at each place once, but I seem to recall Smashburger to be a little too greasy for my taste.

Chili's used to have awesome burgers! They still are very good, but back a few years ago they were my favorite place to grab a burger. I do like TGIFridays burgers as well

wysiwyg
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow Zone in Mankato Tuesday nights.

$2.19 cheeseburger - great
The best wood fired pizza in southern MN

My 2 cents

sonicx
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
hmm im a maybe for the maple grove burger night at the moment here.

Side question: Anyone down for something after friday or saturday night of car craft? Like maybe OLD CHICAGO :) :)

Miller
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow Zone in Mankato Tuesday nights.

$2.19 cheeseburger - great
The best wood fired pizza in southern MN

My 2 cents

I'm gonna have to try their burger soon. Like next week. haha.