PDA

View Full Version : Car Craft Real Street Eliminator

blckmgc
07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Congratulations!

We have accepted your entry for the Real Street Eliminator™ competition during the Car Craft Summer Nationals™. Please see below for important information, and please keep this email.

OK, I know I am not going to win, but entered last minute and they accepted. SOOOO, if we don't melt by Friday, I will be there all weekend making a fool of myself in front of thousands. Not even sure what will come of it, but should be fun anyway.

Looking forward to it, and if anything will get a dyno run and some autocross practice out of it.

notnss
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Congrats!

LadyCobra
07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Congrats!!

drop top
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Congrats!
Mnfords will be representing in force this year!!

At last count we have 5 members in the competition..

MadJack
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Congrats!
Mnfords will be representing in force this year!!

At last count we have 4 members in the competition..

stupid question, who's the other three who have been accepted?

drop top
07-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Rod
D9
Me
Sonicx

sonicx
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Cough cough.... ummmm make that 5 guys. I was about to make a thread myself. :) whoo whoo

In other news.... EPIC please contact me, like to get that midpipe please please please.

drop top
07-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Cough cough.... ummmm make that 5 guys. I was about to make a thread myself. :) whoo whoo

In other news.... EPIC please contact me, like to get that midpipe please please please.

FRICKIN SWEET!!!

dirtym
07-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Congrats to all of you!

prostang92
07-19-2011, 07:22 AM
guess no love for the old farm truck

N8's98GT
07-19-2011, 07:28 AM
congrats and good luck

sonicx
07-19-2011, 08:14 AM
D9 or Rod:

So you get only 1 chance todo the: Lucas Oil / E3 Dyno (correct)??

Now,how many chances does 1 get do try the: QA1 Autocross & Mobil 1 Launch Box?

Also, whats the helmet rules?

notnss
07-19-2011, 08:26 AM

That's bs! You still plan to take it around the autocross?

notnss
07-19-2011, 08:28 AM
D9 or Rod:

So you get only 1 chance todo the: Lucas Oil / E3 Dyno (correct)??

Now,how many chances does 1 get do try the: QA1 Autocross & Mobil 1 Launch Box?

Also, whats the helmet rules?

I'll defer to them since they're the experts but I believe once you're strapped to the dyno you get 2 or 3 pulls. Last year they had unlimited chances at the autocross/launch box, don't know if they're going to put a cap on it this year.

HELLFYR
07-19-2011, 09:00 AM
The rumor-mill has been that they are limiting the number of runs on the launch box this year (due to the amount of time it takes to run/backup/run/backup etc... and the fact it is only open an hour or so each day). Last year they talked about limiting AutoX runs as well but have heard nothing more on that. They dyno is strap down, and typically 2 pulls (unless there is a problem, then you may get 3).

It's all a blast, and having 5 cars/trucks with the real street banners on them in our group is going to be an AWESOME promotion for the club as a whole.

Just a reminder to everyone, they are enforcing a "Treadwear 200" rating this year, so no drag radials nor racing slicks allowed.

If you are a Nitto zombie like myself, that means the following ARE legal:
NT05 (regular, not the R) - (200)
NT555 (regular, not the R) - (300)
INVO (260, 220)
NEOGEN (280)

The following are illegal this year:
NT05R (0)
NT555R (0)
NT555RII (100)
NT01 (100)

drop top
07-19-2011, 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear chris...

prostang92
07-19-2011, 01:56 PM
That's bs! You still plan to take it around the autocross?

nahh just gonna power cruise alot... :)

prostang92
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear chris...

its ok ill survive

blckmgc
07-19-2011, 04:27 PM
WOW!! I hadn't checked in and that is sweet that so many from the club. Will be nice to have guys to show what the hecks going on. Also I did get an e-mail and said no helmets needed.

sonicx
07-19-2011, 09:41 PM
It's all a blast, and having 5 cars/trucks with the real street banners on them in our group is going to be an AWESOME promotion for the club as a whole.

Oh for sure. Best of Luck to ya too Rod, Dan, Joel, and Carson. :)

I am just looking forward to something unique and fun (noob here). You guys go get the trophy!

WOW!! I hadn't checked in and that is sweet that so many from the club. Will be nice to have guys to show what the hecks going on. Also I did get an e-mail and said no helmets needed.

Sweet, one less thing i gotta remember to bring now.

notnss
07-19-2011, 10:41 PM
nahh just gonna power cruise alot... :)

I call shotgun, nothing beats riding around CC in the farm truck :fork:

HELLFYR
07-20-2011, 07:11 AM
I have heard rumors of a certain Turbo Buick Grand National in the competition. If it's the guy I think it is, you do NOT want to miss his dyno run. Just sayin'

Rod

sonicx
07-20-2011, 08:28 AM
What day would be best for dyno? I see at the moment that Friday is iffy.... Sat (50% rain) and sunday is HOT. Im aware that it should be done in the morning before it gets too hot.

HELLFYR
07-20-2011, 10:26 AM
We typically dyno the first day in the morning and get it out of the way... unless saturday appears to be MUCH cooler... or it rains Friday morning.

But yes. Check in with the group, get your spot reserved, then take your car over to the dyno area, park it, fill out the paperwork, and do any prep-work you need to do prior to going on the rollers (ice tanks, nozel swaps etc). They cycle through the cars pretty quick so you want to be ready to go ASAP.

Don't forget to mount your real street banner across the windshield, your RSE number in a visible location, and your car craft sticker in the lower drivers side corner of windshield (there is a trick to this... contact D9/dirtyM for more info... I personally have never done it their way but probably should because getting the sticker OFF later is a PITA).

Rod

DNeinstadt
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
We take the sticker off the paper and put it face DOWN on the sticky side of some double sided tape. That way the Car Craft sticker is "stuck" to the sticky side of the tape, and the excess can be then taped on your windshield so it's only "sticky" tape you're taking off, not the whole sticker.

Makes it easier to remove for those of us that don't want the whole CC sticker posted on the windshield.

sonicx
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
We typically dyno the first day in the morning and get it out of the way... unless saturday appears to be MUCH cooler... or it rains Friday morning.

But yes. Check in with the group, get your spot reserved, then take your car over to the dyno area, park it, fill out the paperwork, and do any prep-work you need to do prior to going on the rollers (ice tanks, nozel swaps etc). They cycle through the cars pretty quick so you want to be ready to go ASAP.

Don't forget to mount your real street banner across the windshield, your RSE number in a visible location, and your car craft sticker in the lower drivers side corner of windshield (there is a trick to this... contact D9/dirtyM for more info... I personally have never done it their way but probably should because getting the sticker OFF later is a PITA).

Rod

When do the gates up for us? Since the dyno starts at 8am. Does RSE cars get to by-pass the waiting time in line? Also when should I shoot to be there Rod??

We take the sticker off the paper and put it face DOWN on the sticky side of some double sided tape. That way the Car Craft sticker is "stuck" to the sticky side of the tape, and the excess can be then taped on your windshield so it's only "sticky" tape you're taking off, not the whole sticker.

Makes it easier to remove for those of us that don't want the whole CC sticker posted on the windshield.

Im still a bit confused.... like you peel back the sticker and stick it back to the white paper in came on? Then you take the sticker w/ a white back ground and ductape it to your windshield???

prostang92
07-20-2011, 12:18 PM

I think we need a demo friday morning...???

DNeinstadt
07-20-2011, 12:18 PM
OK, take some packing tape and lay it down, sticky side up.

Take the part of the sticker that is colored and shows your registration number. Usually this peels off. Leave the other side covered.

Put the registration side down on the STICKY side of the tape, so that when pick it up, the circle of "Car Craft Summer Nationals" is showing correctly on the non-sticky side of the tape..Trim if necessary.

Then basically stick the sign on your windshield with the packing tape toward the windshield and they'll never know it's not actually STUCK to your windshield.

This also helps if you want to take it down and put it in another car to get it in the show..........

sonicx
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Hmmm... wow im gonna try to follow that. I blame still a few fuzzy on working outside this entire week. But I agree:

I think we need a demo friday morning...??? :)

N8's98GT
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
soooooo do you stick it to the white paper, the windshield, or to your friends car :shrug:

DNeinstadt
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
<sigh>
The "front" side of the car craft sticker is defined by the side that typically goes against your windshield. It is colored, (dunno what color this year) adhesive backed, and Car Craft wants you to peel the label back and stick a 5" sticker to your windshield. After 3 days of baking in the sun, you now have a huge ball of adhesive stuck above your face.

We take 5" of adhesive backed sticker and stick it directly to double sided tape, with the non-sticky side facing OUT from the "windshield" side, so when I put it up to my windshield, it does not stick and falls to the floor since it's already stuck (double stuck even!) to the adhesive side of the double sided tape.

Then I pick it up off the floor, hit my head on the steering wheel, swear, hit the steering wheel, set off the horn, and then finally compose myself enough to grab the packing tape and use a small piece of it to hold the newly non-stickied car craft sticker to the windshield for the weekend.

At the end of the weekend, I have a pair of small 2"x1/2" adhesive strips to peel off, barely anything at all is left behind since double sided tape is a heck of a lot easier to clean up than a non-removable sticker. (They make it so it doesn't come off easily to get around people swapping stickers into cars that are not registered)

Make more sense? Should I make a Youtube video? :)

Dan

notnss
07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
:lol2:

LadyCobra
07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Make more sense? Should I make a Youtube video? :)

YES! Simply because I wanna laugh at you :lol:

N8's98GT
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Why would anyone put the tape on backwards with the adhesive side out? Oh, and what is this talk about adhesive above my face... I don't want that.... http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/N8Dogg98/Smileys/stickpoke.gif

*snickering*

this is so much fun

DNeinstadt
07-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh man, I hope you can go to another burger night just so I can follow you outside when it gets dark out...

N8's98GT
07-20-2011, 01:53 PM
:lol: good chit dan... good chit...

LadyCobra
07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
D9 gets kinda scary when its dark out. Just sayin. :uhoh:

DNeinstadt
07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
You won't like me when I'm angry... :P

notnss
07-20-2011, 02:09 PM
:lol2:

N8's98GT
07-20-2011, 02:09 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/N8Dogg98/Funny%20Stuff/oh20snap.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/N8Dogg98/Smileys/dancenana.gif

dirtym
07-20-2011, 07:23 PM
With the sticker...
Double sided tape, not needed. When you get your sticker from CarCraft, the printed side that has the info is the sticky part. That way it sticks to the inside of your windshield. It does not go outside. When you get it, your sticker will have the face of it against the paper. Peel off the paper so you see the printed side, then apply the clear packing tape to that same side. I usually try to set up my tape first so I don't risk the sticker getting stuck to something else.

Lay out strips of the packing tape so that they slightly overlap. I think 3 pieces vertically stacked covered last years sticker. Make sure its wide enough to cover the sticker. Once you have your tape ready, peel back the paper from the carcraft sticker that shows the printed side and apply it to the tape (normally you would apply it to the inside of the glass). Now you have a sticker that is not sticky on either side. Trim if needed (one year they were circular, another year they had a square sticker with the printed circle). Use 2 small strips of packing tape on the top and bottom of the sticker to apply it to the glass.

Remember, this goes on the inside of the car against the glass. If it doesn't look like its adhered, they will make you adhere it. They don't want you swapping the sticker with others.

DNeinstadt
07-20-2011, 08:03 PM
^ What I said....

ShadowGT04
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Sonic have you ever done autox with your car? I bet it will be a beast in that and the launch box. Do you wana borrow my blower for the dyno? lol Im excited for all of you guys.

ShadowGT04
07-20-2011, 09:14 PM
ROFL we need a sticker class or something.

drop top
07-20-2011, 09:17 PM
ROFL we need a sticker class or something.

This

sonicx
07-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Sonic have you ever done autox with your car? I bet it will be a beast in that and the launch box. Do you wana borrow my blower for the dyno? lol Im excited for all of you guys.

hmmm... its got the right stuff sure but being an auto im at a slight disadvantage. >>Rod, Dan.... what would you guys say? ( START IN 2nd and do the entire coarse in 2nd)?

hahaha borrow the blower, i think its too late for that now jk jk

With the sticker...
Double sided tape, not needed. When you get your sticker from CarCraft, the printed side that has the info is the sticky part. That way it sticks to the inside of your windshield. It does not go outside. When you get it, your sticker will have the face of it against the paper. Peel off the paper so you see the printed side, then apply the clear packing tape to that same side. I usually try to set up my tape first so I don't risk the sticker getting stuck to something else.

Lay out strips of the packing tape so that they slightly overlap. I think 3 pieces vertically stacked covered last years sticker. Make sure its wide enough to cover the sticker. Once you have your tape ready, peel back the paper from the carcraft sticker that shows the printed side and apply it to the tape (normally you would apply it to the inside of the glass). Now you have a sticker that is not sticky on either side. Trim if needed (one year they were circular, another year they had a square sticker with the printed circle). Use 2 small strips of packing tape on the top and bottom of the sticker to apply it to the glass.

Remember, this goes on the inside of the car against the glass. If it doesn't look like its adhered, they will make you adhere it. They don't want you swapping the sticker with others.

Okay... I think im on the same page. Now, just gotta make sure it'll pass spec and it isn't a crappy job.

drop top
07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I ran the lightning in first gear last year

sonicx
07-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I ran the lightning in first gear last year

See I thought about that but we're running to different machines truck vs. car. I think me in 1st would run to high of RPM's. I know I shoot up pretty quick in 1st on the stang to redline.

drop top
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM
See I thought about that but we're running to different machines truck vs. car. I think me in 1st would run to high of RPM's. I know I shoot up pretty quick in 1st on the stang to redline.

I have a 6k redline. It gets there pretty quick with the blower. Brett was in first gear with his 97 last year too. Course was pretty tight last year, I would assume a similar course this year

sonicx
07-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Pretty good 1st day for TEAM FORD :)

HMMRDWN
07-23-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm an auto and last year I ran the CC autocross in both first and second gears on separate runs. My first run, I did 2nd gear, the course was very tight. Next few runs I did them in first...no problem with redline...course is short and tight. I'd say give it a try a couple different ways and find out what works best for you. Have a BLAST!

MadJack
07-23-2011, 07:34 AM
us poor folk need more updates than that lol

HELLFYR
07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
The auto-x course was by far the tightest course I've ever seen at that event. Some corner I literally had to hug one side of cones in order to not hit the cones on the far side radius of the corner. Like a full barrel run without the completed loop. Once you figured out the line though it wasn't too bad. Just a matter of keeping the slippery tires they made us run in the Eliminator under the car this year when you hit the throttle. Lots of "ease into" the gas versus bang the accelerator and go.

Rod