PDA

View Full Version : need some help

ShadowGT04
07-19-2011, 01:23 PM
So as you know my fuel pump went out last week and I won't be able to go to car craft if its not replaced. If I could get some help replacing the stock one with the one i got before Friday I will be able to go to summer nationals. Somebody help :(

DNeinstadt
07-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Mitch, unfortunately this isn't just a swap and drive away, you will need a tune. I told you this last week. Unless you are swapping the same pump in that you are taking out, it's best left for either a shop to do, or to get a tune to drive on after a fuel pump swap..

Did you call Dan at DB?

Dan

ShadowGT04
07-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I talked to Danny after I talked to you. He said it would be ok to drive after putting the new pump in. He was saying it will need a tune after i put my new injectors in tho.

DNeinstadt
07-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Mitch, I'd love to help, and in normal circumstances I would, but I'm not sure how to find the time for it this week. I'm already trying to get 3 vehicles ready for Car Craft as it is..

I'd say it's not that hard to do but for a first-timer, pulling the gas tank is intimidating... it's really not hard at all if you know how to turn a wrench...

Couple of fuel lines, couple of vacuum hoses and the tank is down, unbolt fuel pump, bolt up new one, reattach, it's a couple hour job at max. Rod and I have done it 3 times in one night before....

Dan

ShadowGT04
07-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I could probably figure it out its just if I had help from somebody that's done it before it would be faster and easier.

DNeinstadt
07-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I agree, just a tough week for everyone.