PDA

View Full Version : header wrap

MadJack
07-23-2011, 09:16 AM
hey guys, little question, i bought some ss headers for the csvt a while back. after the heat and what not i noticed a considerable amount of heat through the firewall(i still have stock gutted manifolds) from the manifolds. i'm debating wrapping just the rear header to cut down on the heat. would it hurt anything just wrapping the rear? i know i should wrap both, but i want the front one to be a little showy lol. thx guys.

soulfisher
07-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't believe there would be any problems. Clearly there will be a different in temperature between the two headers, but since you have 2 O2 sensors, the ECM should be able to correct.

Maybe a better solution would be to pull the carpet back and heatshield the firewall. Maintain stock look, won't shorten the life of the header. You could also shield the motor side of the firewall, but may not be as clean looking.

MadJack
07-23-2011, 02:04 PM
hmm, thats a good idea, i am planning on swappin the interior to another color soon. and the heat shealding stuff from the factory in the engine bay is looking ratty. any suggestions on what to use?

soulfisher
07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
DEI makes a lot of products including a tunnel and floor product. Different sizes available but part #050503 at 48x42 should cover more than enough. Summit has it at $109. http://bit.ly/nvtuzS

MadJack
07-23-2011, 04:16 PM
thx :)