PDA

View Full Version : Vanity plates

Fredensborg
08-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Who on here has vanity plates, and what do they say??When I eventually get my Mach 1 up and running for good, I need to go get tabs. While I am at the DMV I was thinking I might as well get some collector vanity plates, any suggestions for a Blue Glow 1973 Mach 1? And, does anyone know of a website that will tell you (preferably for free) what vanity plates are taken?

p51mstg
08-14-2011, 07:56 AM
P51MSTG is taken :cool2:

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af201/p51mstg_photos/Gunfighter1a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmzdA3PE04

Roush
08-14-2011, 08:02 AM
I was able to look to see is mine was taken online but I cant remember the site. Ill try to find it for you.

UNTCHBL is taken as well :D

LadyCobra
08-14-2011, 08:17 AM
HELLFYR and LDYCBRA are taken. I remember I tried looking online for another plate but ended up just going into the DMV and they were able to tell me right then and there before turning in the paperwork.

TF2v97SN
08-14-2011, 09:10 AM
I was able to look to see is mine was taken online but I cant remember the sight. Ill try to find it for you.

UNTCHBL is taken as well :D

site:P

MadJack
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
dont take ICECOLD thats mine... lol
you have seven spaces to fill, you can use any combo of letters,numbers,spaces. write down a bunch of choices and go down to the DVS and have them look em up.
and i think you have to give them a reason for the plate too.

FLSTCI71
08-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I think you only have to explain the plate if there's a chance it could be offensive. If no one at the DMV understands it, they want to make sure your plate doesn't have any hidden meaning.

We just put personalized on my daughter's Mustang. She picked them out and they say, "MY96KIX". Guess what year her car is? lol.

P.S. If I were you, I would get Collector Plates as they are tons cheaper. You can get personalized Collectors too, so that's no problem. Let us know what you end up with.

MadJack
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Blumach
fstblue
fstmach

FLSTCI71
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Blumach
fstblue
fstmach

MACHWON
TRU BLU
ICE BLU
COOLBLU

HELLFYR
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
MACH N U

Fredensborg
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Lol, nice. All very good suggestions!! I don't think MACH N U will fit though.

---

Jwrobber
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Without spaces it would fit. You can have seven characters including spaces and dashes, and you have to have at least one letter.

TaLoN
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I have SN8KBIT...there is a free website to check what plates are taken, I'll try to look for it when I get a chance later today and post the link.

HMMRDWN
08-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Mine is HMMRDWN
:) go figure.....huh?

It is pretty fun picking out just the right one....lots of good suggestions already posted. What are some of your thoughts?

TaLoN
08-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Go to this website...

https://dutchelm.dps.state.mn.us/dvsinfo/mainframepublic.asp

On the left side click the "Tax Info" link, and it will give you a search option by license number or plate. Just use the plate search, type in any plate combo you are interested in. If nothing is found, that plate is available. If it gives you tax information, that means someone already has it.

MadJack
08-18-2011, 07:12 PM
well i guess ill be ICEC0LD instead lol

TaLoN
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
well i guess ill be ICEC0LD instead lol
They don't allow you to get plates with a number in place of a letter that looks like it if the other is taken...

Since ICECOLD is taken, you can't use ICEC0LD either... just as you couldn't use 1CECOLD.
State law...l learned it when I saw the application for MN Personalized plates before I submitted for mine.

Found here... (https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/MV_SpecialPlatesApplication.pdf)

NEW PERSONALIZED PLATES
Personalized plates are special plates issued to the owner of a motor vehicle for use only on that vehicle. Plates must have at least one letter but not more than seven characters total; you may not apply for a plate that contains all numbers. Motorcycle, pickup trucks registered by gross weight, and recreational vehicle plates are limited to six characters. A vertical Motorcycle plate is limited to 4 characters and may not utilize a hyphen. One space or hyphen may be placed between adjoining characters (will be counted as a character). (A character is an upper-case letter, space, hyphen, or number.) Any personalized plate that could offend public morals or decency will not be issued. Personalized plates cannot, duplicate other personalized plates, special plates, or regular plates in a numbering system used or reserved by the Driver and Vehicle Services Division.
The characters 1(one) and I (“eye”) and Ø(naval zero), 0(zero) and O(oh) are deemed to be the same and may not be duplicated to create new combinations (i.e. “TIM and “T1M” are the same).

May have to go with something like ICECLD or ICCOLD or something...

FLSTCI71
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
May have to go with something like ICECLD or ICCOLD or something...

Maybe you could put "COLD ONE" on the back plate and "HAVE A" on the front plate. lol.

TaLoN
08-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Maybe go with ICEKOLD.

66gtk
08-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Rod, that's awesome.

MadJack
08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Maybe go with ICEKOLD.

i like that one... guess i should get that ordered up lol. better tell the guy making my gauges to switch it uplol

Fredensborg
08-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Go to this website...

https://dutchelm.dps.state.mn.us/dvsinfo/mainframepublic.asp

On the left side click the "Tax Info" link, and it will give you a search option by license number or plate. Just use the plate search, type in any plate combo you are interested in. If nothing is found, that plate is available. If it gives you tax information, that means someone already has it.
Thanks TaLoN, this helps alot. I have eliminated a few already with this!

Fredensborg
08-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Mine is HMMRDWN
:) go figure.....huh?

It is pretty fun picking out just the right one....lots of good suggestions already posted. What are some of your thoughts?

I like MACHN U alot, but I'm kinda torn between a "funny" one or a "classy" one. If I could get a nice simple 73MACH1 or 73 MACH that would be pretty cool. Of course with mine being a FULL SIZE stang, I also thought BIGPONY or FATPONY would be good too. I have some brain stroming/soul-searching to do! lol

TaLoN
08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
If you're a Simpsons fan, definitely FATPONY! :lol:

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/9/9e/The_Simpsons-Fat_Tony.png

sonicx
08-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Thats funny ^. Yet clever if you got a mustang.

HMMRDWN
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I like MACHN U alot, but I'm kinda torn between a "funny" one or a "classy" one. If I could get a nice simple 73MACH1 or 73 MACH that would be pretty cool. Of course with mine being a FULL SIZE stang, I also thought BIGPONY or FATPONY would be good too. I have some brain stroming/soul-searching to do! lol

How about: BLUBYU
:)

Fredensborg
08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Oooh, I like that! If my Mustang looked like yours, that might be a good one! Mine's kinda' a pooch (for now). lol. You guys are alot more creative thank me, I would have never come up with that.

Aspette
08-20-2011, 06:06 PM
we saw a plate from south dakota today "SPDY 1" speedy one super nice guy he an an organizer for the SMR lives in Woodbury now nice stang too

BlackStig
09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
I checked that DMV or DVS' (or whatever they call it here) website checking to see if someone stole the vanity plate that I wanted, to my surprise they had not. Haha, I'm not sure if I should post it considering that there were some discreteness with the name before but when I do get it I will proudly show it off.

FoxStangX3
01-07-2012, 09:07 AM
This will only show personalized vanity plates that are in use in the passenger car class, where annual tax is paid. Collector class vanity plates will not show up as there is no annual tax paid. I tried it, and all 3 of my collector class personalized plated vehicles did not show up under my drivers license number or my plate name. So you could look for a plate and if it is already in use as a collector plate this site will not tell you so. It will only tell you if a plate is already being used in the passenger car class. If it comes back as not found, it could already be used in the collector car class. The only way to find out if it is available for sure is to go into the DMV and have them check.