PDA

View Full Version : midway ford car show

ShadowGT04
09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I was wondering if anybody is going to the Ford show at midway its off snelling this Saturday

sonicx
09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Maybe, and if i do it will only be to look. Saturday is a SUPER busy day this week for me.

MadJack
09-15-2011, 06:19 PM
If i dont have to work

TF2v97SN
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
working till 3

dirtym
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll be there.

Jwrobber
09-16-2011, 06:46 AM
We plan on being there at some point during the day.

F8LBITE
09-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Your neighbor and I will be there.

LadyCobra
09-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Rod and I will be there.

dragracerx
09-16-2011, 07:45 AM
We're planning on being there.

MadJack
09-16-2011, 01:38 PM
We'll be ther

ShadowGT04
09-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Randy I'm going with you guys in the morning too.

FoxStangX3
09-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll be there (working) with my 1989 Minnesota State Patrol Mustang SSP. Lots of vendors this year and with the nice weather we should have close to 150 Fords there. Lots of raffle prizes and food too. Hope to see you there!

LadyCobra
09-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Well the Cobra is out, Rod developed a nasty cold on Friday and it's gotten worse.

I'll swing out later this morning to check the show out and to bring flyers for our show.

MadJack
09-17-2011, 04:30 AM
we'll be there,around 8ish

dirtym
09-17-2011, 05:45 AM
We should be there between 7:30 and 8.

LadyCobra
09-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Congrats to Mike (Dazed1), Gary (BlackPony), Brian (dragracerx), Dan (DNeinstadt) and Rod (HELLFYR) on their awards at the show on Saturday.

Was a chilly windy morning but turned into a nice afternoon once the sun broke through the clouds. Glad we made it out after a rough morning and the orange gorilla fighting a cold.

MadJack
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
it was a nice show. but i will not attend another show at midway ford.

Fredensborg
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
it was a nice show. but i will not attend another show at midway ford.

What happened?

MadJack
09-19-2011, 04:16 AM
they were very rude to a few of us, including cass and me, thats all i'll say.

F8LBITE
09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Was that car show put on by the dealership or a car club?

LadyCobra
09-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Was that car show put on by the dealership or a car club?

It was put on by the Performance Ford Club of Minnesota

F8LBITE
09-19-2011, 07:37 AM
That's what I thought. So I wonder if "they" are the dealership employees or the car club members that were rude?

HELLFYR
09-19-2011, 11:09 AM
"They" were the dealership employees.

Essentially "they" wanted to keep the car show people OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP for any reason.

I experienced this myself.

Not a good way to develop future customers for sure.

Rod

F8LBITE
09-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I heard that there was a sign on the door about car show attendees not using the bathroom.

HELLFYR
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
There were also direct confrontations on several fronts as well.

Will leave it said, my gripe is not with the Performance Ford Club, but rather with their hosting site.

And the almighty disclaimer:

The views expressed in this email/post do not represent the views of any other members of the MNFE club nor the club as a whole.
Yada yada yada
In other words this is MY Point of View.

Rod

p51mstg
09-20-2011, 07:49 AM
When shopping for my last new Ford 4 years ago, I talked to 3 different Ford dealerships, and got 3 completely different approaches to selling me a car. One dealer clearly "didn't get it", and I will never go back there. It was more than one employee that I had a problem with, or else I could overlook it as an exception rather than the rule.

There are a few - AVF and Austin Ford come to mind - that are obviously better.

Sounds like I can skip Midway Ford next time I'm looking for a new car.

Looking forward to next weekend!

FORDSVTPARTS
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I heard that there was a sign on the door about car show attendees not using the bathroom.

Seriously?

MadJack
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
yes, dead serious

FORDSVTPARTS
09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Ok so I found out a little more about it.

Apparently it started off due to some of the swap/show guys that got there early parking trailers in front of the service bays and being difficult about moving them.

I'd think all that could have been prevented through better communication before the day of the show.

I suppose this is why most dealership car shows are on Sundays when sales and service are closed.

LadyCobra
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Note: I didn't have any direct contact with Midway Ford employees. This is just my interpretation.

From what I understand of the interactions, I think it was HOW the employees handled situations more than anything. I personally could understand the Bathroom thing since there was a Port-A-Potty on hand (never saw it but was told there was one). The other two situations I know about were just cases of what those effected interpreted as rude behavior towards attendees of the show.

It is hard on a day that the dealership is open. Our show and the Shelby Club show are both on Sunday because the dealership is so busy on Saturdays.

FORDSVTPARTS
09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Got more details.

Apparently it was some of the swap meet guys blocking service and telling people they wouldn't move and to find another way in.

Farmer
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I am sorry to hear that some people had issues, I was working the parts counter that day and it was a very busy service day so I did not get the free time to go out and talk to many of you that showed up. I was pleased by the turn out and I did get to say "Hi" to hellfyr, spudo, graham evans (the guy with the rally fiesta's) ,and a few other buddies that showed. I know that the day started out a little rocky with the owner of the dealership being upset that the main service entrance and exit was blocked and the response that he recieved from the people that he asked to keep the entrance to the garage open for customers. I really did enjoy what I did see of the show and I hope to see the same if not better turn out for next year.
-Miles

wysiwyg
09-22-2011, 06:25 AM
IMHO, when I had my dealership our show was on a Saturday. We invited customers to enjoy the show car and never had any issues having it on a Saturday.

My Two Cents.

FoxStangX3
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
As a member of the Ford Performance Club of Minnesota I appreciate the honest feedback from all of you on our show. I'm sorry that some of you had issues with how you were treated by employees of Midway Ford. I will bring up all of these issues at our next meeting and we will do our best to resolve these problems. We appreciated your participation in our show and would like to have you back for future shows. I worked all day at the show and announced the winners at the end, but I did not witness any of the mentioned incidents. The goal of the show from the dealer's perspective is to celebrate Ford and sell vehicles. The behavior of the employees mentioned in this thread seems to run counter to that. I apologize to any of you who attended our show that did not have a good time. This is a poor reflection on our club and needs to be resolved. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. On a lighter note, congratulations to your club members, as they won almost 20% of the trophies! I'll see you at your Apple Valley show tomorrow.
Bob Rose

FoxStangX3
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I just got back from our monthly club meeting where our show issues were discussed at great length. The dealership management is aware of the issues and the comments contained in this thread. They apologize for any actions by their staff that were found to be uninviting by anyone who attended our show. We will be making changes to our show next year and would like you to give our show and Midway Ford another chance to make sure you have an enjoyable time. Thanks for your candid comments. Without your feedback these problems may have gone unnoticed and uncorrected. Thanks for the read,

Bob Rose
Performance Ford Club of Minnesota

p.s. I had a good time at your show and admire how organized and well run it was.

HELLFYR
10-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks Bob.

Rod