PDA

View Full Version : I need therapy

66gtk
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Somebody please tell me why I shouldn't go up north and buy this car. It's is 99% of exactly what I want in a late model stang. The only thing I'd change is the hood and paint the stripes on (I hate stickers). Seems like a decent price. Perhaps $26 will buy it after the first snow flake flies. I could have a lot of fun in this car, but soemthing in the current stable would have to go to make room and $$. Not sure I want to give up my fastback for a depreciating late model, but this seems like a lot more fun (to actually drive).

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ctd/2606097078.html

p51mstg
09-20-2011, 07:39 AM
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but those look like all-season tires. My 05 Mustang is a daily driver, as in - "every day in every kind of weather, including winter". Even if you chose to drive that car 3 seasons, that's a daily driver, in my opinion. So, I wouldn't seel your "fun" car, but rather something that gets driven more often. I think you're right about the price - they may move a little bit south on the price after Halloween. I don't think you need therapy.... I think you need a bigger garage :biggrin2:

66gtk
09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
If I didn't need a MN winter vehicle, I wouldn't be hesitating. Black is hard enough to keep clean - MN winter Black???? Yikes...
Yes, I would drive a car like this 3 seasons and rack up the mileage and use it at the track. They were meant to be driven. I can't understand why there are some many nice late model Shelbys available now without any real miles on them yet for nearlly half of what they were purchased for.. Did they really think they were going to be investments????

sonicx
09-20-2011, 03:35 PM
They could have been had Shelby limited production and/or kept what he hand-signed near-nill. Both of which hasn't happened. Prob the most collectible car mustang produced (2000-2010 years only) is the 2000 Cobra R & then maybe a few of the SALEEN EXTREMES. There maybe different opinions about that but that my own opinion.