PDA

View Full Version : Website Wish List 2012

LadyCobra
12-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Ok folks! Time to give me your wish list for 2012 and the website.

I'll be working on a re-vamp probably in January and wanna hear what you'd like to see on the website.
So post up features, graphics, colors, etc. that you'd like to see on the MNFords.com

Thanks!

prostang92
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
POINTS SYSTEM:

POST/pictures/video's are worth points after so many each person gets a free raffle ticket at the next meeting???

F8LBITE
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
That could get ugly. Do they even still do raffles at meetings?

DNeinstadt
12-13-2011, 03:39 PM
We haven't done raffles at a meeting for a while. We just did a big one for our holiday party though. :)

MadJack
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
change the banner to include pics of differents cars, lie or shirts

sonicx
12-14-2011, 07:31 AM

I like that idea or else update the header image: red mustang is cool but it's now outdated. Throw up a 2013 GT500 or 5.0 :)

Is there a way we could "jazz" up mnfords homepage? It's a visually dull to the eyes. Maybe on the homepage is where Nicks idea above would be a good fit. Homepage needs some more color.

Otherwise I love the site :)

LadyCobra
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Keep the ideas coming! The overall look will change, that is already the primary goal to change things up for next year.

N8's98GT
12-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Can you include a "like" feature to allow members to "like" forum posts made by other members... could provide a trophy each year for the member with the most likes :shrug:

sonicx
12-14-2011, 10:45 AM
This "points" idea maybe a good way to get more members not only on the forums but actively involved in helping and participating too. I know there's a die-hard group of posters and then in the winter months in withers even more. However, I believe that making such into a popularity contest maybe not the best avenue to take.

N8's98GT
12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
This "points" idea maybe a good way to get more members not only on the forums but actively involved in helping and participating too. I know there's a die-hard group of posters and then in the winter months in withers even more. However, I believe that making such into a popularity contest maybe not the best avenue to take.

So do you "like" my post or not :)

720sonic
Yes give it some rad colors!!!

F8LBITE
Exactly. It might lead to a bunch of post whoring

N8's98GT
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
FWIW, I wasn't thinking some expensive prize, just something light and fun.

Maybe the way to do it to prevent post whoring is to measure the likes per post ratio (although I do like to whore it up)... in other words if I have 10K posts but only 10 likes I get nothing. OTOH, if I have 5 likes and 20 posts my likes to post ratio is much better :D

F8LBITE
12-14-2011, 11:49 AM
That's what this thread is all about. Throw ideas around, get those creative juices flowing!

LadyCobra
12-14-2011, 12:00 PM
We can always start my posts for ideas related to the club, not necessarily the website itself (i.e. recruiting members, building website activity, etc.)
Keep 'em coming peeps!

N8's98GT
12-14-2011, 12:03 PM
In that case... lets see if AVF would allow members to take out a new Boss 302 on occasion... you know for a cruise, perhaps to BIR, etc... :D

That would certainly be a great selling point to membership :lol:

sonicx
12-14-2011, 02:39 PM
I say for recuiting new members that we make a batch up of these up (custom license plate frames w/ MN FORDS) from http://www.plateframesonline.com/

That's where mine "sonicx" frame came from and it's held up over a winter still looking brand new!

720sonic
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
^^^now thats an idea haha

LadyCobra
12-28-2011, 12:33 PM
:bump:

Anymore ideas? Planning to start working in January on new ideas.

F8LBITE
12-29-2011, 06:01 AM
I can't come up with any...

notnss
12-29-2011, 11:37 AM
LadyCobra makes members a dozen cookies for every 100 posts they make

HELLFYR
12-29-2011, 11:55 AM
LadyCobra makes members a dozen cookies for every 100 USEFUL posts they make

fixd

LadyCobra
12-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I like Rod's idea but I'd consider baking for other reasons too (i.e. recruiting members, meeting attendance)

Wait, where do I have this time to do all this?

HELLFYR
12-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Not my idea... I'm like BSF, I just improve on the original. :)

sonicx
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Jenn;

1. I'd like to see the "TECH TALK" expanded & broken down. Within the titile, break it down into categories: PROJECTS, SUSPENSION, BODY, ELECTRONICS, ENGINE.

2. I think we need a "RACE CORNER" and within that 2 categories: DRAG and AUTO X. (This will allow people to post up in a better and more specific place then "clubhouse" or "events" when they have results, talk, etc to share with club members).

DNeinstadt
12-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Not bad suggestions at all Jason!

F8LBITE
12-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Jenn;

1. I'd like to see the "TECH TALK" expanded & broken down. Within the titile, break it down into categories: PROJECTS, SUSPENSION, BODY, ELECTRONICS, ENGINE.

2. I think we need a "RACE CORNER" and within that 2 categories: DRAG and AUTO X. (This will allow people to post up in a better and more specific place then "clubhouse" or "events" when they have results, talk, etc to share with club members).
Great suggestions! Keep them coming!! And maybe incorporate into idea #1 a section within TECH TALK, Tech Library( or whatever it's named) to post links for places to get parts,products,etc

Stilz
12-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Of course I'm going to like this Idea, but didn't you just change to the mustang last year? It used to be a pic of club members.

Though, incentives for new members might be an idea. idk what, but its just another way of getting them to come on board...

sonicx
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Not bad suggestions at all Jason!

Great suggestions! Keep them coming!! And maybe incorporate into idea #1 a section within TECH TALK, Tech Library( or whatever it's named) to post links for places to get parts,products,etc

Thanks, I just think that could be a good move forward as we are gearing up for 2012. I know that other local car club forums as well as NATIONAL forums do it. It may get more members to post up and thus get them more involved.

LadyCobra
01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
:bump: I've started work on a new look/layout. A couple things are being tested here right on the site but I've setup another site for more extensive testing purposes.

Last chances for recommendations for things VISUALLY or new features.

I'll also be looking for some volunteers to test the new site so if interested, let me know. Only need a couple :)

notnss
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I'll be a guinea pig for you

msmistyk
01-27-2012, 07:58 AM
:bump: I've started work on a new look/layout. A couple things are being tested here right on the site but I've setup another site for more extensive testing purposes.

Last chances for recommendations for things VISUALLY or new features.

I'll also be looking for some volunteers to test the new site so if interested, let me know. Only need a couple :)

You should have both PC and Mac users give it a trial run... :)

LadyCobra
01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
You should have both PC and Mac users give it a trial run... :)

I test on a variety of browsers (Firefox, IE7-9 and Safari) but an excellent point :)

sonicx
01-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm excited, as someone who's seen thee new layout, it's sharp. It'll definitely set a positive tone as a club moving ahead. I am hoping it'll draw more members and new faces to be active on the site.

LadyCobra
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Paid members: I've posted in the Member's Lounge for your input on the new design. Take a look and let me know what you think :)