PDA

View Full Version : Car Trailer destroyed

wysiwyg
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Today when Anita got home from work there was a police officer business card in the door. She called St Peter Police and they told her my car trailer was hit by a car.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/wysiwyg77/Trailerii002.jpg

As you can see it was hit hard. The driver left the road hit the nose of the trailer, spun it 180 degrees moved it 30+ feet, hit a beautiful 12' blue spruce and hit a concrete pole. It removed the tandem axels on the right side of the trailer. Funny thing the lower left photo show our (BEst Buy Mankato) Install van driving by.

No More car trailer

MadJack
12-17-2011, 06:50 AM
wow! that really sucks. glad you guys werent involved though.

HELLFYR
12-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Hopefully you had insurance on it!

F8LBITE
12-19-2011, 05:47 AM
That sucks Rick. Where was it parked? Have you heard if the driver was impaired or had some medical situation?

I'm not familiar with car trailers, do you insure them? I know if my snowmobile trailer gets damaged while I'm towing it, it's an extension of my vehicle so my auto policy would cover it.

wysiwyg
12-19-2011, 06:39 AM
The trailer is insured. She admitted to taking Valium prior to driving. The police drew blood when she was taken to the hospital for her injuries which I don't know how bad.

HELLFYR
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
That sucks Rick. Where was it parked? Have you heard if the driver was impaired or had some medical situation?

I'm not familiar with car trailers, do you insure them? I know if my snowmobile trailer gets damaged while I'm towing it, it's an extension of my vehicle so my auto policy would cover it.

Trailers are 100% OPTIONAL insurance. I talked it over quite a bit with my agent when I was considering buying one.
Typically it is pretty cheap, and it becomes variant depending on how any damage is incurred.
If in a stand-alone environment like in Rick's case, it goes entirely off the trailer insurance plan, but if being towed it works off the VEHICLE plan first.
Strange... I don't really get it... but that's what I was informed when I asked.

Rod

HAULNSS
12-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Rick's insurance shouldn't be an issue in this case if the driver had insurance on her vehicle. Her insurance company should cover all the costs for repair or replacement.

Randy

wysiwyg
12-19-2011, 05:46 PM
She has Flo's insurance. Progressive.

prostang92
12-20-2011, 07:37 AM
I thought minnesota was a no fault state.. so just by being born your at fault weather you did something or not?