PDA

View Full Version : 56 Ford Engine Swap

kenniec2@gmail.com
01-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Hello!
Heres a few questions I need help with cause I haven't done this in years. I am currently starting an engine swap in a "56 Ford Tudor Sed not sure which model. It''s the 6 cyl/3spd/OD/no trim Barn find. I am going to swap out the 232/6cyl 3 spd for a 351W/5spd. The W came out of a late 70's conversion van and is the Gray Block. Some local circle track racers are trying to talk me out of this complete running rebuilt motor. NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! LOLOL. The 5spd came out of a '96 Mustang HO. I have everything for this tranny from the back of the motor to the X-member but it's off a 302W. What I need to know is; what do I need for motor mnt frame stands and mtr mnts. And what all do I need to hook up the 5spd. Such as, seperater plt, flywheel, starter etc. I'm hoping someone has done this or knows of an artical some where that covers it.
Thanx for now
Fishook

FLSTCI71
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Sorry, I can't help with the 5sp questions, but I can offer this:

http://critesperformanceparts.com/

I have used Crites for a bunch of installation parts for my current project. I bought a 6cyl/3 sp 57 Ford Custom, which is the bottom of the line plain Jane model, like your 56. I am just finishing up with installing the 429/C6 and it fits great. Crites should be able to supply you with some drivetrain parts help. Their customer service isn't top notch, but the main parts I bought from them were very good quality. Good luck!!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg4/flstci71/Car%20Pics/000_0345.jpg

kenniec2@gmail.com
01-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanx, FLSTCI71(is this a Harley Model #?) I'll check them out. Appreciate it.

FLSTCI71
01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes, the FLSTCI part is a Harley model #. If you want to see the Crites stuff on my 57, you are welcome to check it out anytime. I am SO close to saying it's done. :-) I plan to cruise it in primer for a while this summer and then go from there. What are your plans for the 56, just get it running and drive it or go crazy on the build?

kenniec2@gmail.com
02-03-2012, 10:30 PM
FLST,
Yeh someday when I'm down around your area I would love to see your '57. Maybe I'll see ya at show sometime. Maybe Back to The 50's this year. As far as the '56 I belong to a Motorcycle Club and we are building it as a Barn Rod which we will raffle off this summer at one of our charity events up around the Alexandria area. I also have a '93 FXDWG Harley "Black Betty" that I ride all over the place. As far as my personal play car I drive a built flathead powered '50 Ford Fordor mild custom "Peggy Sue". You can check out both on my Facebook page under "Fishook Kennie". ....Later

FLSTCI71
02-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I never miss a BTT50's. I've been going for over 30 years. I've been cruising up in a 36 coupe, but hope to take the 57 this year. I'd love to see your 50 up there. A flatty is about the best looking motor ever built. (I just sold six of them and eight flatty trannies.) Good luck with your project!

kenniec2@gmail.com
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanx friend. I have both motors on the floor now and am going to start making an adapter plate for the motor mounts today. I'll try and keep everyone informed may be do a picture album. See ya round.