PDA

View Full Version : Blower Porting

Stilz
02-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Cobra & Lightning Drivers,

Looking for a place to get the best deal and best work for getting a Powerworks blower ported.

Let me know.

Thanks. :)

HELLFYR
02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Can check with Stiegmeier (they're in Missouri). He specializes in the Eatons, but he has done work on Whipples too. Dunno if he'd tackle a Powerworks or not.

Just google supercharger porting, his site should pop up in the top 5.

Stilz
02-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Can check with Stiegmeier (they're in Missouri). He specializes in the Eatons, but he has done work on Whipples too. Dunno if he'd tackle a Powerworks or not.

Just google supercharger porting, his site should pop up in the top 5.

I was thinking of sending it to them, but there was a lot of controversy over on svtenthusiast.com a while back about them and someone else, so I thought I would ask in here.
They will more than likely be the ones I'll be going to.
Thanks

HELLFYR
02-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah, the argument over there is/was between POSI and Steig.

Steig's ports are tried and true, he however plays the marketing game and will inflate numbers or make comparisons that aren't really comparable.
The big controversy was over him posting the "work" of POSI. POSI later declared that the photos were not of a blower he did and off it all went to hell quickly thereafter with the supporters of each side insisting they were right.
I have NO experience with POSI, but I do with BOB Stiegemeier.
His work is top notch and the results speak for themselves.

He ported my blower, ported my BBK twin 65 throttle body, and then port matched the plenum to both.

I'd trust him with pretty much any port work with the quality of work I've seen.

Admittedly...
He DID have a weak point in something they tried on one of the eaton ports (the Stage V plus). The one I have. They used too thin an aluminum plate as the "torque plate" and used tack welds to hold it in place. With the new power the blower was making, they were blowing those plates apart. I found the tack welds on mine were cracked, and shipped it back to him. They cut out the old plate, replaced it with thicker stock, and then fully welded it into place this time. The cost... only shipping. So, you get good customer service too.

I'd trust Bob to port anything, but I'd definitely call first and make sure he would do the powerworks unit. Not sure what all it would entail.

Rod

Stilz
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
cool. i've read that steig has done some of the svtf powerworks before, so im sure ill go to him, especially if you are happy with him. lol. I will def call prior to sending to make sure and get an estimated price.