PDA

View Full Version : FYI Joe's auto Hastings is downsizing

Grumpy German
03-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I saw a Craigslist add last week saying that Joe's Auto parts in Hastings is downsizing.
Not sure what they mean by that statement.
But I do know that they have tons of old Ford parts.

From the original add
AFTER 46 YEARS OF OPERATING AN "ALL FORD" SALVAGE YARD, I AM "NOW" DOWNSIZING THE BUSINESS. WE CARRY CARS AND TRUCKS FROM THE MODEL YEARS 1939-1990 ONLY. THESE ARE ALL FORD, MERCURY AND LINCOLN VEHICLES. SOME OF THE CAR MODELS WOULD INCLUDE FAIRLANES, FALCONS, MUSTANGS, MAVERICKS, T-BIRDS, COUGARS AND GALAXIES. THERE ARE ALSO A VAST QUANITY OF FORD TRUCKS (F100, F-150, F-250 & F-350) AND MANY ECONOLINE VANS. IF YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE LOOKING FOR THE "ORIGINAL FORD PARTS" TO COMPLETE YOUR PROJECTS, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL TODAY. MY BUSINESS IS OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY FROM 8-NOON AND 2-5PM AND ON SATURDAY FROM 8-NOON ONLY. CALL 651-437-6787 or 1-800-359-0970 AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH EITHER JOE OR BARB. I HAVE UPS SERVICE AVAILABLE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS, AT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE. I LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU WITH YOUR PART NEEDS. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

joesauto@usfamily.net

FLSTCI71
03-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I talked to Joe the other day after looking for parts for my 57. He says he is going to get rid of everything, retire and he claims they are not going to have an auction. I can't believe that. There is no way you could get rid of all of those cars without an auction, or, gasp, just crushing them. I sure hope THAT doesn't happen!!

67cat_in_the_grove
04-03-2012, 06:38 AM
I spoke to Joe's wife yesterday while looking for a Mustang steering column. She told me that they are retiring, and that he wasn't available to talk on the phone this week because they are crushing cars! I guess if you need something vintage, you better get going to Joe's. She said that within the next year, they will crush the balance of their inventory.

Kinda sad, there are a lot of hard to find parts out there. Unfortunately, scrap metal weight is more valuable, and easier to deal with, than finding a buyer for a select few parts.

Get'em while you can!