PDA

View Full Version : Sad News - Raquel Petrowski

HELLFYR
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Many of you on the old SVT board saw the thread about Raquel Petrowski and her battle with Cancer.

Raquel passed away last evening.

Her parents are going to have a viewing/showing tomorrow or possibly Thursday in the cities then take her home to Roseau, Minnesota to have a ceremony and to be laid to rest.

She and her parents were extremely thankful to everyone for the support from throughout the car community in her time of need.

She will be greatly missed.

RIP Raquel.

As I acquire more details I will post them up.

notnss
04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
RIP Raq, I am truly blessed for having you as a friend :(

HELLFYR
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Wake will be held tomorrow at the Washburn McCreavy Funeral Home at 2300 Old Shakoppe Rd in Bloomington.
The exact time isn't set yet, but it will be in the evening.

The benefit planned for Thursday at Joe's Crabshack in Roseville is still going to be held to help the family offset
costs incurred during Raquel's illness.

More details to follow as they are received.

Warrlac
04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
I was reading the thread just now on TCStangs. My heart goes out to her and to her family and friends. She was taken from this earth far too soon (IMHO). I think we need to remember that her family still needs our help. I can't begin to imagine what kinds of medical bills they still face. A 10% cut of the Joe's Crab Shack benefit is great, but I suspect that it will only be a drop in the bucket compared to the total bill.

I don't know what to recommend, but between TCStangs and MNFords, collectively we might be able to make a real difference for her family in their time of need. Something to think about.

Warren

LadyCobra
04-20-2010, 05:48 PM
The wake time has been set for 5:00 - 8:00 on Wednesday, April 21

I have a donation page still setup at: http://raquel.fowdwebs.com

Here's info for the benefit at Joe's Crab Shack on Thursday, April 22

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/waterbug199/crabshackbenefit.jpg

GMan
04-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Very Sad. I did not know her. Our condolences to her family.

Warrlac
04-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Still stuck at London Heathrow Airport. Hope to get out on Thursday.

Not sure I'll be back in time to attend the benefit but I donated via Flying Orange. I feel really sorry for loss of Raquel and for the family she left behind...