PDA

View Full Version : RK Monday Night Meet

sonicx
04-29-2012, 12:18 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/158426e.jpg

I have got a reserved spot at these meets for MUSTANGS. Hope to see you out here. It's well worth coming to check out.

MadJack
04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
:shakeshead:

sonicx
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I would not be advocating this unless I thought it was good. Unless you've been to one it's hard to comment.

N8's98GT
04-30-2012, 07:59 AM
I'll check it out with ya tonight if the weather is decent :thup:

My car is all cleaned up too :banana:

MadJack
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
ive been to a couple...

Ox-y-GenIII
04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
I have been to a few of them in the past as well, before they were big. They used to go on a cruise every Monday night down Highway 10 to 35w and return. It was great but at that time it was probably llike 20 cars or a little more. If they tried that now with 100+ cars it would be insane and a recipe for disaster.

The croud is mainly younger guys my age (I'm 23) and their buddies but some are older and more mature. Really a nice set of cars there though, plus free NOS.

If I didn't work second shift I'd try to make it out every week but I can't make it to any this year unless somehow I have a Monday off.

BlownSVT
05-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I was there as always. Meet last night was good. I had my white corvette there last night. Saw a few mustangs out. There are quite a few younger guys out there but the main base of original guys are 27-30 yrs old. They are actually pretty decent events if you like to check out cars and chat with other car owners. I just avoid the stuff I don't like for the most part.

mnblk5.0
05-01-2012, 12:16 PM
ill have to check this out, thanks for the info.

sonicx
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
It was a good 1st show. Glad the weather turnout out good. Rounded a few mustangs for our MN Mustang Section. Love to get a few more out there for future Monday Nights.

dbmustanggt
05-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I'll try to go next Monday or the next's should have my seats n spring in my car

N8's98GT
05-02-2012, 05:33 AM
It was a good night for it and there were a good handful of very nice cars.

I find myself liking the first gen CTS-Vs more and more each time I see them.

Troy S
05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Have you guys thought about bringing out a banner or something to represent your club/forum?

You're welcome to.

Thanks for coming out guys. We're really working to continue to improve the event every week.

sonicx
05-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Hopefully will be having more people participate :) We've got something that we're putting together to rep for future RK outings. Appreciate the spot up front. If we could keep us there, greatly appreciate it.

720sonic
05-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Pretty bummed I couldn't make it because of work. Hoping to take some monday's off to go. I think ricekillers is going in a good direction and has gotten a bad wrap because of the name. I feel people are starting to think differently in a good way on the meets. My favorite car shows are ones with all makes and models.

mnblk5.0
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Pretty bummed I couldn't make it because of work. Hoping to take some monday's off to go. I think ricekillers is going in a good direction and has gotten a bad wrap because of the name. I feel people are starting to think differently in a good way on the meets. My favorite car shows are ones with all makes and models.

couldnt agree more, all makes and models make for the best shows.

HELLFYR
05-03-2012, 11:14 AM

They have gotten a bad wrap due to the way they were organized (or lack there of) and their portrayal (as in the initial ad in the post) of being a "fast and furious" type get together. If you want to be taken seriously, you must present yourself seriously.

Not saying they are good or bad, the 2 events I went to were alright, nothing special.

One does get tired of the same question over and over again ... "wanna go run 'em ?"
Sorry, street racer I am not.

Rod

sonicx
05-03-2012, 11:44 AM
They have gotten a bad wrap due to the way they were organized (or lack there of) and their portrayal (as in the initial ad in the post) of being a "fast and furious" type get together. If you want to be taken seriously, you must present yourself seriously.

Not saying they are good or bad, the 2 events I went to were alright, nothing special.

One does get tired of the same question over and over again ... "wanna go run 'em ?"

Rod

I believe this to be true. However I believe steps are trying to be made to shed the negative wrap and go forth. Time will only tell but I enjoy going to these to see all sorts of cars as well as hangout with other car people. And if more like minded people come the image will not only change but the meet could really become cool. I am not do I seek out street racing but I haven't seen anything of sorts. Troy and others do a good job of policing it. Although it may happen afterwards... I dunno.

notnss
05-03-2012, 12:01 PM

Rod

:werd:

RKC isn't my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice they put together events but I don't plan to attend ever. Maybe if they change their name and how they handle things, until then I wish them the best.

N8's98GT
05-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Rod

I've been to a few now and haven't noticed anything youve pointed out about street racing. Maybe its because I own a N/A NPI 2V and pretty much any stock minivan made in the last few years is faster lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Troy S
05-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Hopefully will be having more people participate :) We've got something that we're putting together to rep for future RK outings. Appreciate the spot up front. If we could keep us there, greatly appreciate it.We'll keep that as your spot no problem.

Pretty bummed I couldn't make it because of work. Hoping to take some monday's off to go. I think ricekillers is going in a good direction and has gotten a bad wrap because of the name. I feel people are starting to think differently in a good way on the meets. My favorite car shows are ones with all makes and models.We're trying.

RodA couple years ago all it was was a group of guys racing. I've tried to change that. It's been rough doing it by myself. We have a good team of guys now and we're doing our best to better these events.

I believe this to be true. However I believe steps are trying to be made to shed the negative wrap and go forth. Time will only tell but I enjoy going to these to see all sorts of cars as well as hangout with other car people. And if more like minded people come the image will not only change but the meet could really become cool. I am not do I seek out street racing but I haven't seen anything of sorts. Troy and others do a good job of policing it. Although it may happen afterwards... I dunno.I would love nothing more than the racing to stay away. Street racing causes numerous problems I don't need.

I've been to a few now and haven't noticed anything youve pointed out about street racing. Maybe its because I own a N/A NPI 2V and pretty much any stock minivan made in the last few years is faster lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2Lol.

LadyCobra
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Some things aren't for everyone but as with anything, I think in the case of the RKC meets, people should experience it for themselves and decide if it is the right fit for them.

Rod and I are "more seasoned" cough cough, not older, and it wasn't a fit for us and what we're doing with life (kids, sports, etc).

I admit the name of the group gives me pause as well but as with anything to do in the auto world, experience it for yourself and decide. It's good to see anyone with a passion for cars whether they be Fords, Chevy, Imports, etc. Without the passion, it wouldn't be as much fun.

dbmustanggt
05-03-2012, 03:54 PM
All my parts should be here next week so I hope to get them on in make it to one of these events What Monday do u guys think u can make it on here?

sonicx
05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
There has been some good, healthy dialogue here. I am on the same page in terms of thinking as what has previously been said by multiple people. :) What'd be cool is to see who's coming out for the upcoming week (on-going throughout the summer) post up. Regaurdless what your opinion is it's always nice to know who's going so you can decide if you'd like to go and hangout with like minded car people :)

drop top
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I will be there this summer, it is just like any other event. There are cool people and there is always a dumbass or two. You will get out of it what you want. I enjoy talking with others who share our passion. The RKC meets can be a good fun and entertaining evening...

mnblk5.0
05-04-2012, 09:01 AM
There has been some good, healthy dialogue here. I am on the same page in terms of thinking as what has previously been said by multiple people. :) What'd be cool is to see who's coming out for the upcoming week (on-going throughout the summer) post up. Regaurdless what your opinion is it's always nice to know who's going so you can decide if you'd like to go and hangout with like minded car people :)

I plan on attending the monday night show. (rain pending)

thomasdale2144
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Once I'm done with school I will be at most of them!

sonicx
05-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Clear Sunny Skies, should remain in the low 60's thru 10pm tonight. See whoever is coming out tonight.

Troy S
05-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Nice show last night. Good to see so many of you guys, thanks for coming out. If the owner of the black 4v vert is on here, please stay out of the pedal when leaving next time. Thanks!

sonicx
05-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Nice show last night. Good to see so many of you guys, thanks for coming out. If the owner of the black 4v vert is on here, please stay out of the pedal when leaving next time. Thanks!

We're trying... got a couple more guys to show, hopefully it keeps going smooth. As long as we have the parking up front... we got pushed around a bit for parking (not too big of a deal). The gentlemen you mentioned I literly met last night (first time). He has no affiliate with us. He was a cool guy though, talked to him for a bit last night. I am sure he wasn't properly informed of the rules Troy.

mnblk5.0
05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
very cool show last night, thanks for letting the mustangs park together. the guy withthe 4v black vert was my buddy i brought with and he thought that you guys meant no burning out and no revving engines and what not inside the parking lot area not on the street in front(first time down there). so sorry about that.

nice meeting all of you down there too.

sonicx
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
very cool show last night, thanks for letting the mustangs park together. the guy withthe 4v black vert was my buddy i brought with and he thought that you guys meant no burning out and no revving engines and what not inside the parking lot area not on the street in front(first time down there). so sorry about that.

Good meeting you and J last night. Have to come out for some more outings.

Troy S
05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
We're trying... got a couple more guys to show, hopefully it keeps going smooth. As long as we have the parking up front... we got pushed around a bit for parking (not too big of a deal). The gentlemen you mentioned I literly met last night (first time). He has no affiliate with us. He was a cool guy though, talked to him for a bit last night. I am sure he wasn't properly informed of the rules Troy.No prob, that's why I was asking nicely. I saw the lx dodge guys moving in on your turf lol.

We'll try and hold spots but if someone from here can get there early to hold room thats your best bet.

It's not the end of the world.

I've held meets for a couple years now, the one thing, and I mean one thing that gets us shut down is burnouts, revving, and flybys like that outside of the meet area.

Right now the homeowners, business owners, and police are happy to have us. But in order to keep that welcome, we have to keep that kind of thing away from our meet. If we become a nuisance we'll get shut down.

Thanks for coming to the event, and just do me a favor and let your buddy know.

See you guys next week.

sonicx
05-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Looks to be another great day to get outside. I'll be st the RK meet tonight. Hope to see ya there.

BlownSVT
05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm going but will be on the bike tonight.

sonicx
05-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Fantastic night. Got to hangout with friends meet some new faces, plus got a sweet surprise! Saw some old faces turnout tonight that I haven't see from or heard from reppn the blue oval ;)

See ya next week everyone.

I'm going but will be on the bike tonight.

Pleasure finally being able to meet you in person.

BaddAsp
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
:thatsfunny: :thup:

BaddAsp
05-15-2012, 02:44 PM
good to see you Jason

ShadowGT04
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Ah RKC. It's a fun show. I've been going to for almost 3 years. I've never seen any street racing going on by the meeting locations. I have seen a few dumb asses but there at every show. RKC has grown so much from when I started going when it was at bobs produce in fridley to the current location. Like its been said before if you don't like it don't go just don't bitch about it and bash the event. It's gotten a lot better and more mature. It's a nice place to go and hangout with friends and look at some real nice cars you probably would never see. As long as RKC is around I will keep going.

prostang92
05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
any room for a farm truck?

sonicx
05-17-2012, 09:22 AM

You and the Lightning are Welcome to come. :)

drop top
05-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Chris,

Ive been there many times in the past, just haven't made any yet this season...

prostang92
05-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I went once last year, and got asked by the rednecks if my truck was 4wd... lol

thomasdale2144
05-19-2012, 02:29 PM
alright my last final is at 6:00AM on monday and i should be able to get all my stuff packed up and be back in time for the Rk meet on monday!

sonicx
05-19-2012, 07:01 PM
When you pull in tell them your with MN fords. They will direct you to our parking spots. See you all Monday.

thomasdale2144
05-20-2012, 02:48 PM
sweet thanks man!

Troy S
05-20-2012, 08:10 PM
do you guys still have enough room for your group? If you need more space or have any questions feel free to let me know what you need. Hope everything went well last week while I was out of town.

sonicx
05-21-2012, 01:27 PM
do you guys still have enough room for your group? If you need more space or have any questions feel free to let me know what you need. Hope everything went well last week while I was out of town.

We were on the backside last week. I liked it, dont care where we are at. We appreciate your willingness to work so well with us on this. Ill see ya and hopefully other again tonight. New for tonight: FORD BANNER!!! :)

Troy S
05-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Banner on the Honda, nice touch.

sonicx
05-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Banner on the Honda, nice touch.

Word Spreads Fast :uhoh:

(Uniting Imports + Domestic since 2012)

Troy S
05-24-2012, 07:54 AM
:)

sonicx
05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend. Thanks to our service men and women. Just a reminder, no rk event on memorial day. Ill see ya back out there on June 5.

TaLoN
06-03-2012, 11:19 PM
I might have to check this meet out one of these days. Not sure if I'll make it today, but maybe in the next week or two...

sonicx
06-03-2012, 11:38 PM
My work schedule has slightly changed so i will not be at as many RK meets: TROY S. still will have a spot for you guys and you guys just ask "where do mn fords park/mustangs" at the gate. I hope to be back soon.

TaLoN
06-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah, weather permitting I just may be there next week!

thomasdale2144
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I think that today they are making the mustangs park together for some reason...

drop top
06-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I was the lone representative at the meet tonight! Well until I left, then Thomas called me to say he just got there.....
Was easily 400+ cars there tonight. Good times! Im glad I decided to go tonight :)

MadJack
06-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Once the car is painted ill make it up there

sonicx
06-05-2012, 07:00 AM
I was the lone representative at the meet tonight! Well until I left, then Thomas called me to say he just got there.....
Was easily 400+ cars there tonight. Good times! Im glad I decided to go tonight :)

It's def catchinng on. And I am pump'd to see people enjoying it.

1st it was ...
:shakeshead:

NOW it is...
Once the car is painted ill make it up there

ROCK on...:happydance:

Troy S
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice to see you up there Carson, it's been quite awhile. Glad you liked the meet.

Looking forward to seeing more ford guys up there!

thomasdale2144
06-05-2012, 03:53 PM

so close haha!

dbmustanggt
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I think I'll make the next's one! Work been crazy! I think tomorrow night I'm slamming the gt! So I try to make the next one! Anyone else going?!?!?

thomasdale2144
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I will be there from 6:30 to 9:30 lol

TaLoN
06-06-2012, 02:39 AM
I should be there at 6:30 til 8 or so...

sonicx
06-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Looks like it maybe a good turnout. I again can't attend. Anyone willing to step up for the crew and arrive at 6pm to reserve spots where Troy has as assigned?

thomasdale2144
06-06-2012, 11:06 AM
yeah I can! Also do we need the banner or?

sonicx
06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
It's not a do or die w/o banner. You can have it if you wanna swing by for it. ahaha

thomasdale2144
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Oh ok lol, didn't know if they needed the banner or not! I will just go without it, and i will go at 6 and get some spots reserved

Troy S
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Just let the guys at the front gate know. They'll walkie to the guys parking cars so they can get you guys all together. Do you want me to park a bunch of other fords with you guys so you can get them on this board or?

thomasdale2144
06-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I think it would be pretty cool to have all the fords lined up, but its up to you Jason!

sonicx
06-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Just let the guys at the front gate know. They'll walkie to the guys parking cars so they can get you guys all together. Do you want me to park a bunch of other fords with you guys so you can get them on this board or?

More then merry. Troy check your PM please. Thanks

TaLoN
06-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Dammit...won't make it to the meet tonight, some stuff came up with the family. Maybe next week.

Troy S
06-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Gonna be a gorgeous evening. No sweating to death. See you guys tonight.

dbmustanggt
06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm out tonight Lower my car in found this
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x433/dbmustanggt/6f25bc22.jpg

Troy S
06-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Shitty!

sonicx
06-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Prob that green mold caused that. ;) seriously now.... That's a bummer. Hope the turnout time is painless.

thomasdale2144
06-11-2012, 11:20 AM
It appears that your car has Diarrhea...

dbmustanggt
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I live on gravel. That's why it looks like that But I just had the rear rebuilt so this sucks! I'm going to try in still one of my dads cars in come

drop top
06-11-2012, 09:04 PM
was another good time. Troy has a good thing going there!
There was over 400 cars again tonight!!

Troy S
06-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks Carson. Bought a new car yesterday too so I finally get to enjoy the meets a little more myself. Come check it out Monday.

BlownSVT
06-15-2012, 09:02 AM
New cars are always fun.

Troy S
06-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah, spent the day cruising!

720sonic
06-15-2012, 11:53 PM
What kind of vehicle we talking here?

sonicx
06-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Granted it doesn't rain Monday night... I think I'll be coming out.

Troy S
06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Its a chebby.

dbmustanggt
06-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Anyone still going to night? If its not raining

BlownSVT
06-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Planning to if the weather holds out.

thomasdale2144
06-18-2012, 10:21 AM
i will be there!

sonicx
06-18-2012, 12:08 PM
I needed a day off and Monday sounded good so I'll jet over.

dbmustanggt
06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm coming then. Sounds like my dads tagging along too. So a gt500 or 5.0 will be with me

sonicx
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Look for the blue duece. We'll more then likely be parted on the side row. But Thomas has been handed off the duty of this now as he's a regular.

dbmustanggt
06-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Sounds good!

thomasdale2144
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Look for the blue duece. We'll more then likely be parted on the side row. But Thomas has been handed off the duty of this now as he's a regular.

haha, its been me and Carson usually!

dbmustanggt
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone got the adress of the meet?

93Stang
06-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey I would like to thank the guys that went on June 18th. They recommend me to go check this web site out and id have to say you guys have an awesome community! Look forward to becoming part of it!

sonicx
06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Good seeing a few faces again. Been awhile since I was out.

David: Glad to se you and your dad make it up tonight.
Thomas: Enjoyed our mini cruise afterwards.
Mitch: Get your exhaust fixed and come post up sometime ahaha
Nick: Vette looked sharp.
Troy: Like your new toy. Complete sleeper.

Hey I would like to thank the guys that went on June 18th. They recommend me to go check this web site out and id have to say you guys have an awesome community! Look forward to becoming part of it!

Mike, it's Jason. Good to meet your sir & thanks for checking it out.

thomasdale2144
06-18-2012, 09:51 PM

Hey Mike, glad to see you on the site!

93Stang
06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey Mike, glad to see you on the site!

Thanks guys! ive been looking at some of the events and this is awesome! Been wanting to become a member of a mustang/ford club for awhile so ill more than likely become a paid member :). The meets look pretty sweet. Likin what you guys are doin here!

sonicx
06-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Right on.

Troy S
06-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Good seeing a few faces again. Been awhile since I was out.

David: Glad to se you and your dad make it up tonight.
Thomas: Enjoyed our mini cruise afterwards.
Mitch: Get your exhaust fixed and come post up sometime ahaha
Nick: Vette looked sharp.
Troy: Like your new toy. Complete sleeper.

Mike, it's Jason. Good to meet your sir & thanks for checking it out.Thanks, I love the car.

Good to see a solid ford section this week. Was a slow meet, guessing the heat and the fact rain had been predicted for monday all weekend.

Was still a good show with nearly 400 cars.

Troy S
06-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Who's coming tonight?

thomasdale2144
06-25-2012, 10:10 AM
I will be there!

sonicx
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Should be great weather. I cannot come tonight however.

Troy S
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Gonna be warm tomorrow. But it should b e a good meet. See you guys tomorrow.

Mac98SHO
07-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Huh... I am going to try to check this out, weather permitting this monday.

thomasdale2144
07-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I will be there! Just ask for the Mnfords section and they should point you to it!

sonicx
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
50/50 for me tonight.

thomasdale2144
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
You should definitely come man!

BlownSVT
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
HOT as the dickens but I am going for a while.

thomasdale2144
07-02-2012, 07:59 PM
It was nice to meet you Mac98SHO! Hope you guys had a fun night!

Mac98SHO
07-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Will be back again, my daughter want to take picture next time. Thanks for the tour.

Troy S
07-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Holy heck it was hot attendance was down by about 200 cars.

Thanks all who braved the heat!

Troy S
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Next week temps should be back to normal. We'll save you guys the MNFord spot as usual.

sonicx
07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July as well as fourth of July weekend. I'll be out again this Monday.

thomasdale2144
07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
It should be a BEAUTIFUL night tomorrow!

720sonic
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
First meet I can go to this year pretty pumped

thomasdale2144
07-09-2012, 09:17 PM
good turnout today, and the weather was so nice!

Troy S
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Really good meet last night.

Thanks for coming guys.

90SC
07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Last night was my 1st meet. Had a good time and met a few new faces. Not sure how many more I will make, but will try when time permits.
Rick

thomasdale2144
07-10-2012, 12:35 PM
It was good to see you out there Rick!

thomasdale2144
07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Looking good in that video Troy!

Troy S
07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks man, I goofed how I worded one part but it was pretty good.

Gonna be a hot one and I'm worn out from Powercruise but we'll be there!

thomasdale2144
07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I will be there as well!

JJhirsch
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
any others going?

MadJack
07-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Looks like ill be starting a new job, 1st shift so ill be able to make it out .

drop top
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
was a great showing and a good time tonight

sonicx
07-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Anyone heading out tonight? Or are people burned out still from cc? Lol

Troy S
07-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Least it's not supposed to be extremely hot for a change.

Stopped by your area at car craft, nice turnout!

thomasdale2144
07-23-2012, 09:21 AM
i will be there haha!

90SC
07-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Burned out plus have yard work to get caught up on so I don't think I can make it. Haven't even unloaded car from CC.
Rick

Troy S
07-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Burned out plus have yard work to get caught up on so I don't think I can make it. Haven't even unloaded car from CC.
Rick

No rain this week, should be a decent meet since the weather seems to be cooperating.

90SC
07-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll be there.
Rick

thomasdale2144
07-30-2012, 04:01 PM
i will be there as well! looks like a perfect night!

Mac98SHO
07-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Sorry, I wont be able to make it, 330am came early this morning. I Hope to make it up there in the near future.

sonicx
07-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Good to make it out and see ya Thomas & Rick.

Troy S
08-08-2012, 07:36 AM
How many of you guys came out last monday? More mustangs than I've ever seen on a monday.

thomasdale2144
08-08-2012, 10:35 AM
yeah there were 16 Mustangs total lol!

sonicx
08-08-2012, 12:34 PM
yeah there were 16 Mustangs total lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ZnyjfHsSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

dbmustanggt
08-13-2012, 04:14 PM
anyone going tonight?

Troy S
08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Last weeks meet was bad ass I'm told, I missed it. Heard Sloss was out with the tt lambo and there were almost a dozen supra's, plus the usual bunch on nice cars.

Who's coming this week?

Troy S
08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Who's this, anyone from here?

Sweet pics!

http://www.facebook.com/RACCarmen

Seems to be a mustang guy, yellow newish mustang.

thomasdale2144
08-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Hes not on Mnfords but his names Michael Suwan, he's a buddy of mine.

Troy S
08-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Right on, why isn't he on this board? He should be.

sonicx
08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Right on, why isn't he on this board? He should be.

+1

drop top
08-17-2012, 08:45 PM
cmon thomas.... your not doing your job..... :)

thomasdale2144
08-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Im trying to haha, its him and Matt Lodermeier who used to be on Mnfords

Slick
08-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Well i must say it has been a very long time since I've posted on the forums. yes thomas im still on here been seeing you quite a bit at rkc. Troy S. that mustang belongs to my good friend named mike, its a 06 mustang gt, he has a few mods on it. ill see if i can get him here on the forum, and you all can get to know him.

Troy S
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Sweet, I love the pics he takes and his cars not too shabby either lol.

Stok 06
08-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Sweet, I love the pics he takes and his cars not too shabby either lol.

Well thank you very much sir! Matt was telling me I had to sign up so here I am. I'm glad u like the pics, I am by no means a professional but I do enjoy taking pictures. Hope to see you guys tomorrow night I may try and get there early to post up by the gate and get some more good shots!

thomasdale2144
08-19-2012, 10:12 PM
im so sad i can't make it tomorrow!

Troy S
08-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Well thank you very much sir! Matt was telling me I had to sign up so here I am. I'm glad u like the pics, I am by no means a professional but I do enjoy taking pictures. Hope to see you guys tomorrow night I may try and get there early to post up by the gate and get some more good shots!Sweet, cool you made it to this board! Looking forward to seeing more pics, I'll be at the gate as well.

im so sad i can't make it tomorrow!That's too bad. What you got going on?

thomasdale2144
08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm back at college!

90SC
08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm out too. Haven't got the interior back in the tbird yet

Stok 06
08-20-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm back at college!

lol i remember college 3 years ago. JK an edumication is good!

sonicx
08-21-2012, 11:37 AM
lol i remember college 3 years ago. JK an edumication is good!

refresher coarse maybe needed ahaha

Stok 06
08-21-2012, 07:21 PM
refresher coarse maybe needed ahaha

I didn't got to college to learn how to speak "good" english. I went to learn how to fix cars. I think I might still know how to but then again tightening lug nuts always gets me! LOL

Troy S
08-23-2012, 10:45 AM
What do you guys think about a ford row? Like that back row but we ask all the ford guys to park in the same row? I think we've sorta tried this, but not really instructed the volunteers to do it. Then you guys could work on them about this site and any events you guys have coming up.

Would also be beneficial for the ford show coming up in apple valley. You guys are more than welcome to advertise any events you have coming up on Monday nights.

Troy S
08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Sorry to bump this, but looking for thoughts here guys.

sonicx
08-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Its a good idea. I think it needs to be started fresh from the beginning of the year however. Definitely interested as well as I sure others would be. Just a bit late here to get the ball and logistics figured out. But it would be a good way to expand mfe. Kinda an expansion if what you and I created over this past winter for this year. And id say its be a success.

thomasdale2144
08-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah if we started it and carried it over to next summer I would come early like usual and get spots if Jason was still working Mondays!

90SC
08-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Anyone going tonight? I think I can make it.

thomasdale2144
08-27-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm driving up from mankato just for the meet haha!

sonicx
08-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Atta Boy. Nice cruise there for ya. I am out though :(

LadyCobra
08-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Monday nights will never happen for us as long as our kids are in sports :)

Troy S
08-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Man I can't believe you drove all the way up. Who rode with?

notnss
08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Kind of surprising that the police/highway patrol don't set up on 694 with some of the antics I've seen the last couple of weeks by people heading to the meet.

sonicx
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Kind of surprising that the police/highway patrol don't set up on 694 with some of the antics I've seen the last couple of weeks by people heading to the meet.

I agree, yet whenever I go up I normally seen someone pulled over on the highway off spring lake park or right past highway 100. I've been passed by some dumb people weaving n in out/ cutting people off as their heading over there. Not all of them end up at the meet. On the otherside a ton of people speed thru without antics too.

notnss
08-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I agree, yet whenever I go up I normally seen someone pulled over on the highway off spring lake park or right past highway 100. I've been passed by some dumb people weaving n in out/ cutting people off as their heading over there. Not all of them end up at the meet. On the otherside a ton of people speed thru without antics too.

Speeding is one thing, but I've been going west on 96/694 through Brooklyn Park on Monday evenings and have had cars slow down to 30mph (LS1 Camaro vs Edge Mustang) and then proceed to frum roll. Those cars almost missed the exit for 81, then trying to make it they cut from the far left lane to the exit, almost smashing into a minivan in the process. Other times I've seen people racing and passing cars on the shoulder. Speeding is one thing, but antics like those are flat out dangerous. I'm not saying RKC is to blame, clearly the drivers are the ones at fault, but if something ever did happen you know the media wouldn't exactly be portraying the meets in a positive light.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, the LS1 Camaro won and the 'Stang needs a tune as it was pig rich.

sonicx
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Speeding is one thing, but I've been going west on 96/694 through Brooklyn Park on Monday evenings and have had cars slow down to 30mph (LS1 Camaro vs Edge Mustang) and then proceed to frum roll. Those cars almost missed the exit for 81, then trying to make it they cut from the far left lane to the exit, almost smashing into a minivan in the process. Other times I've seen people racing and passing cars on the shoulder. Speeding is one thing, but antics like those are flat out dangerous. I'm not saying RKC is to blame, clearly the drivers are the ones at fault, but if something ever did happen you know the media wouldn't exactly be portraying the meets in a positive light.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, the LS1 Camaro won and the 'Stang needs a tune as it was pig rich.

I've seen it too. What I call "traffic racing". Weaving n and out. Only concerned about themselves. I am in agreement. HOWEVER (sadly) these sorts of things do happen throughout the cities... even without a weekly car show its happening (has and always will). If cops wanna crack down I am all for it. Because its never the nice cars and it's never the guys pushing BIG horsepower. Its always people who think they have something to prove or the people who have watch FAST & FURIOUS one too many times.... that pull these moves.

Troy S
08-29-2012, 06:52 PM
We've asked for speed traps believe it or not. The Brooklyn Park police have been amazing towards us.

It really pisses me off to see it. But I see it whenever I go to any event. Cars n coffee, car craft, the sonic meet, and even back to the fifties.

Put car guys together and someones ego always gets the best of them and they do some stupid stuff.

I'd love it if it didn't happen any where near the meet. But I'd be naive if I thought I could ever stop it.

thomasdale2144
08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Man I can't believe you drove all the way up. Who rode with?

No one lol, lone wolfed it up and back, and will hopefully be doing it again next week!

Troy S
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I suppose it's a nice enough drive with the top down, but still lol.

Cool you're still making it up!

Troy S
09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Gonna be a really nice evening. Hope you guys make it out!

Troy S
09-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey guys got a free event coming up for Oct. 6th. Our last event of the season and it's on a Sat. I would post a thread in the events section but I don't want to over step my boundaries and upset anyone as you guys have been great.

Anyhow here is the event page on FB. Feel free to share.

http://www.facebook.com/events/388727847860934/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

sonicx
05-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Now that Summers back, just wondering whose going out these days? ;) I saw wagners is temporary closed.

thomasdale2144
05-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I drove up from Mankato two weeks ago for the meet, and am finally done with finals this monday and will be at the meet!

sonicx
05-26-2013, 12:21 AM
I drove up from Mankato two weeks ago for the meet, and am finally done with finals this monday and will be at the meet!

We should meet up then sometime.

thomasdale2144
05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Sounds good man!