PDA

View Full Version : 07-08 GT500's

STS_Stang
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I have a friend looking at buying a GT500 and was wondering what cars with 5k to 10k miles are going for. The car's around here on the lots seem to be running a few thousand less than KBB and NADA? Have the values recently dropped, is 34-38k a good price (obviously dependent on condition) for a good clean car? I'm not as up on them and was hoping for some insight.

Anything to look for? Did these still come with SVT paperwork? What kind of power did these put to the ground - factory? He seems to mostly be interested in the coupes, but if there was a convert that was within price he may consider that, but was there a big difference between the coupe and vert from a handling and tuning standpoint? I know this style was better designed, but assume the shelby was a bit softer in vert form just as the GT's were.

ShelbyJoe
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I have a friend looking at buying a GT500 and was wondering what cars with 5k to 10k miles are going for. The car's around here on the lots seem to be running a few thousand less than KBB and NADA? Have the values recently dropped, is 34-38k a good price (obviously dependent on condition) for a good clean car? I'm not as up on them and was hoping for some insight.

Anything to look for? Did these still come with SVT paperwork? What kind of power did these put to the ground - factory? He seems to mostly be interested in the coupes, but if there was a convert that was within price he may consider that, but was there a big difference between the coupe and vert from a handling and tuning standpoint? I know this style was better designed, but assume the shelby was a bit softer in vert form just as the GT's were.

Howdy!

Here's what I've been seeing - 07-09 coupes with that mileage range are anywhere from low to mid 30's. Verts add another few thousand. Its a big time buyers market. Check out ebay or forums like www.teamshelby.com (http://www.teamshelby.com) and see what they're going for recently. Some owners (especially of the 07's) paid BIG "ADM's" (additional dealer markups) of $5k-$20k over sticker. Pricing went down to sticker or just over for mid-year 08's, and sticker or under for the 09's typically. Just telling you that because some guys were WAY over their head and will get nowhere near what they paid for them, but they'll still try.

07-09's had a potential for having a flywheel that would warp, causing the clutch to wear prematurely, which would also sometimes affect the tranny. There have been many TSB's on them where Ford will cover it IF it's a problem (ie: they won't do it proactively - only after the problem kills your clutch and possibly tranny, usually the synchros) - before buying, see if the TSB has been done, and if not, have a mechanic who knows what to look for check it out. PM me if you want more info - I can email you a .pdf of the info.

SVT paperwork comes if you buy it from SVT (ie: xx out of xxxx red coupes, etc...).

Stock power is between 420-460rwhp (depending on the dyno). Lots of easy mods to increase that 100+rwhp.

Coupes had stiffer suspension/springs. Verts were softer riding.

Hope this helps!

STS_Stang
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Perfect, thanks for the help and info......