PDA

View Full Version : Boiling coolant 99 CSVT

zxtuner
06-01-2012, 06:58 AM
I have read that boiling coolant means a bad head gasket. I have a 99 SVT Contour and I am wondering what else MIGHT it be. I haven't looked into it any farther than searching on the web, because I noticed it pulling into work today. Things I am going to do:

Compression check
Water pump replacement (hasn't been done in 156,xxx miles)
inspect coolant and oil for contamination of the other.

Is there anything else I should be checking while I'm at it?

Thanks for the help all

DNeinstadt
06-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Bubbles in the coolant or white smoke? Otherwise it could be a leaky hose, that introduces air to the system..

There was a known problem with water pump impellers on some 2.5L motors, I'd check there and be VERY careful if you choose to drive it.

Dan

zxtuner
06-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Well it's my DD and I have two jobs so I have to drive it. No white smoke as far as I have seen. Just bubbling in the overflow this morning. Fans were on and running and the temp gauge never moved outside normal operating range. I won't have time to take it in for pump till next week.

MadJack
06-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds like you could eithr have a leaky hose, or a bad overflow cap can do this to. I may have a 2.5 water pump laying around. Ill look today while im workin on the csvt.

zxtuner
06-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Is it the updated one? If so what would you like for it?

MadJack
06-01-2012, 08:50 AM
I cant rember, I pulled it a couple years ago. It's free, just get er out my face lol