PDA

View Full Version : New Member, 8thDigitD

8thDigitD
06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi there everyone. My name is Scott and I own a 94 Cobra. It's a black coupe with black cloth interior. I've owned the car for 6 years. It had 28k miles on it when I bought it, and it's at approximately 65k now. It's mostly stock. I had such big plans but life always finds a way to get in the way. But I've managed to hold onto my car through some tough times.

The car has BBK long tubes, an X-pipe, and Flowmasters. I also deleted the smog pump and put on a cold air intake. Whoo-hoo! Lol. Other than that, I did the normal tune up crap when I bought it (cap, rotor, wires, plugs, brakes). I had all of the work done by Todd at APS Autoworks. His shop was located in Eagan at the time, if that's any indication of how long it's been. I would really like to do as much of my own work as I can, but I don't have a lot of tools, space, or a lift. There's only so much I can do in the garage that barely fits the car inside of it.

I typically have black outs on the front headlights, haven't had any problems for them yet. The car is still in pretty good shape considering I've never done any real detailing work. I always use a one step cleaner-wax and needless to say the black car is always reminding me of how shitty said one step cleaner-wax is.

I hope to be able to put new suspension in soon as the 18 year old parts are sagging and it's eating up tires. And yeah, I've had the alignment checked. Hopefully a set of gears too, 3.08's suck. Maybe I'll win the lotto, nothing huge, just like 30g's please.

I've lived up in the cities for 7 years now. I've been on TCS for a while but I'm not really active on there. I bought some stickers and a t-shirt from D9 once and he told me that this was more of an adult site. I've browsed around a few times but never registered. Decided to register this year, thinking about doing the membership but not sure if I'll be able to utilize it right now, so I'll have to figure that out.

Wanted to tell you all a little about myself and my car and say hello. I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring we've been having. Hopefully I can get out and see you guys around.

8thDigitD (Scott)

8thDigitD
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, I'm in Shakopee by the way.

66gtk
06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Welcome! Got any pics?

drop top
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome to our family :)

LadyCobra
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the site :ford: definitely post some pics

sonicx
06-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks for finding us. Hope to see you around.

8thDigitD
06-04-2012, 11:39 PM

HAULNSS
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
The car is still in pretty good shape considering I've never done any real detailing work. I always use a one step cleaner-wax and needless to say the black car is always reminding me of how shitty said one step cleaner-wax is.

8thDigitD (Scott)

Welcome. If you have any detailing questions or are interested in learning how to remove the swirls from your paint, let me know. We host 'detail days' to show people the correct processes and products to get their cars looking great.

Randy

8thDigitD
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Randy, I saw your post on TCS and replied that I was hoping to be able to go to your next detail day, you said possibly this weekend. I've heard some good things about Zaino products. Do you guys carry their full line? How much better is Zaino compared to a lot of the over the counter brands?

Warrlac
06-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the club. As a fellow black car owner I can say that the Zaino products I've purchased from Randy have been the best by far...

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Randy, I saw your post on TCS and replied that I was hoping to be able to go to your next detail day, you said possibly this weekend. I've heard some good things about Zaino products. Do you guys carry their full line? How much better is Zaino compared to a lot of the over the counter brands?