PDA

View Full Version : anybody here sell insurance?

66gtk
04-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm sick of my rates going up each year (especially home) with no explaination or at fault claims. I'm shopping around for everything right now. I have Geico car insurance and they have historically been so easy and pleasant to work with. Things have changed in the last 1-2 years and I'm not happy with how they are dealing with things. I also had a bad experience with my homeowners policy trying to pay storm damage claim properly.

1991lx
04-26-2010, 11:27 AM
I do not sell insurance but have Americam Family Insurance. Nothing but good things to say, multiple car discounts, homeowners discounts, very easy to deal with. I can PM you her number if you like?

HMMRDWN
04-26-2010, 01:19 PM
I've used Farmers for many years (29 yrs). About 3 years ago my house got damaged by a tornado that went through the neighborhood. All my neighbors had problems with their respective insurance companies...but Farmers was right there...emergency claim...check in hand. No hassles at all about new siding, windows, roof, gutters...pretty much the works. They even made sure I had enough...kept asking if I needed more assistance. I don't mind paying a bit more for the excellent coverage and support. Have house and mulitple cars, accident free (OMG I hope I just didn't jinx myself) security...and more discounts. Sometimes...you get what you pay for. :)

LadyCobra
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM
We go through State Farm for everything and have had NO complaints.

When the Caliber was totaled, I had a check and a new car 4 days after the accident. They took really good care of me. Now with the water damage in the basement, State Farm has been very on top of things and taking care of us once again.

Our agent is based out of Virginia, MN but I believe that Rod has been with her since he was a teenager, parents even longer. We have home owner's, auto and life insurance through them. Can't say enough good things.

66gtk
04-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Jen, You have basement water damage coverage? I was told I couldn't buy that in MN when I moved here from the companies that I had contacted.

LadyCobra
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
The main water line into our house had a leak. Our insurance covered cleaning, removal of carpet pad, replacement of pad, re-clean and now we are getting new carpeting throughout the basement because the cleaning didn't remove the stain caused by the water.

(we live at the top of a hill so it wasn't a flood issue)

66gtk
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Yea, I'm talking specifically about water damage caused by excessive rain which either results in seepage damage or sewer backup flooding (the worst). I couldn't not find coverage that would cover basement contents and materials damage (I have a full finished basement).

GMan
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Best rates so far that I have found, Anderson Phoenix Agency. Ask for Vicki 612-331-3710 :headbang: