PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Cobra engine wiring harness part number***HELP WANTED***

Tangerine_96
04-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I called a Ford dealer today to order a replacement engine wiring harness (plugs into injectors) for my 01 Cobra.

The blue sticker (located between firewall and throttle body) on my existing harness reads 1R33 12B637 BF. The dealer told me that part number (actually an engineering number) does NOT match up to my VIN #. He also stated there was no way to look up the correct engineering number.

If fellow 01 owners could take a look at their harness I'd appreciate it...yes I know I should use a different dealer.

Thanks again.

FORDSVTPARTS
05-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I called a Ford dealer today to order a replacement engine wiring harness (plugs into injectors) for my 01 Cobra.

The blue sticker (located between firewall and throttle body) on my existing harness reads 1R33 12B637 BF. The dealer told me that part number (actually an engineering number) does NOT match up to my VIN #. He also stated there was no way to look up the correct engineering number.

If fellow 01 owners could take a look at their harness I'd appreciate it...yes I know I should use a different dealer.

Thanks again.

That's a correct engineering number for a 2001 Cobra fuel harness.

The actual part number is 2R3Z-9D930-CEA.

It's a discontinued part.

I did find one on the parts locator at Kovach Ford in Pennsylvania 570-669-5118, if you're looking for one that is.

Tangerine_96
05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks FORDSVTPARTS.

When I gave the dealer my VIN he faxed me a printout (Engineering #s, not part #s) of about 15 wiring harnesses in my car. 1R33 12B637 wasn't on the list. It's at work so I'll double check it on Monday.

I know someone who owns a 2001 will see this post eventually. Please do me a favor and look at your harness. With a flashlight it takes about 10 seconds to find/read the blue sticker.

FORDSVTPARTS
05-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks FORDSVTPARTS.

When I gave the dealer my VIN he faxed me a printout (Engineering #s, not part #s) of about 15 wiring harnesses in my car. 1R33 12B637 wasn't on the list. It's at work so I'll double check it on Monday.

I know someone who owns a 2001 will see this post eventually. Please do me a favor and look at your harness. With a flashlight it takes about 10 seconds to find/read the blue sticker.

The 12B637 number won't be on a list of part numbers because it's an engineering number.

I do the internet parts sales for Tousley Ford and I've been a sponsor on SVTP and Mod Fords for five years (20 years total in Ford parts), The numbers and info I posted in my last response are correct. :)

DNeinstadt
05-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Steve knows his stuff....

FORDSVTPARTS
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Steve knows his stuff....

Thanks Dan :)