PDA

View Full Version : Build Thread

97f150kid
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Well, I was just going to update my post in the Welcome Lounge ( see : http://www.mnfords.com/showthread.php/2364-New-guy ), but i figured id just start a new thread.

Since that thread the trans was rebuild at work ( I work for Kennedy Transmission waite park ;) ), and the E4OD was stuffed with 4r100 hardparts/geartrain. 6 pinion steel plants, hardened imput shaft, 2400 or 2600 stall ( i forget lol ) "strip" valve body ( it hits. HARD. ALL THE TIME :lolhit: ). Found a used l.s. for cheap and swapped that in also. Put a 6# lower pulley on it, and had been driving it for quite a while. Since the truck was first swapped my tune was never quite right. I would always get tip-in detonation on the highway with 93 octane and would have to splash almost 50/50 to racegas just to drive it with out issues.

While on a quest to find out why I was having these tip-in detonation issues I came across this (http://www.jandssafeguard.com/VampirePage/Vampire.html), bought and installed, and would HIGHLY suggest it for anyone running around with boost. Its a serious life/engine saver. I had gotten a bad tank of 93, didnt realize it till the 1/8 mark (2-3 shift ) and the truck fell flat on its face, afr went 17:1+ and I freaked out, figuring i just melted it down. J&S pulled all 20* of timing before anything happened and basicly saved my build.

With that system installed I was still having highway detonation issues, and was getting fed up with the email tuner saying my datalogs are perfect, its not detonating, blah blah blah. Decided that im now tuning the truck myself with SCT pro racer package, and after only having the software right around 2 months now, am a firm believer that ANYONE can tune with the software.

also, e85 is amazing. :takeoff: the increase of power due to the higher octane and ability to up the timing is awesome.

I believe thats about up to date on my build/truck. Next to come : M122 swap (factory gt500 07-10 non-tvs :bawling: ) bigger injectors and MAF ( because im at 965 of 1020 counts, 1020 = 5v ) and more boost.

like 2.55 upper/ 10# lower set up. 22-23psi. Daily driven. awesomeness.