PDA

View Full Version : my rear end!

Eleanor390
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi I'm new to the club I'm Lilly aka Eleanor390 and I have the 2008 Bullitt (Highland Green I might add) and its admittedly a nice car the sign of this is when you are driving it a smile comes to your face regardless of what else you may be thinking. The last time this occurred was in 2000 when I had my Corvette. However in the due corse of 19,000 miles the diff has been rebuilt twice, and not from pounding the piss out of it either! It started out on a trip to the North Shore last summer as a slight droning noise where it grew to a growl! Dokmo Ford replaced the outside bearings and pinion shaft bearing. it was fine for a while then it came back and they looked inside and the whole thing was junk and they replaced the whole rear end housing and all,, well guess what? Its baaaaack! They, Ford, at wits end just said to drive it till it drops but ya know when it does it will be at the most in opportune time and place! Has anybody had this happen to them???? let me know grayarc67@q.com or 507-990-9138 I would be gretful!

Lilly Kirckof Bullitt 1178 (Green!)

HELLFYR
05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Take it to a different dealer (or a performance shop)... this sounds like someone who "isn't doing it right".

I had the carrier bearings and pinion bearing replaced in my 04 when it started howling.
Problem gone, has not come back.
My work was done at AVF, and fully under extended warranty even with my level of mods (paid for the extended warranty right there).
Granted, the regional service rep had to be present when the rearend was opened to make sure everything inside was stock (which it is/was).

Don't let them walk all over you telling you "they don't know what to do"... take it to someone who DOES know what to do.

Rod

DNeinstadt
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree, sounds like improper gear installation...

No1Ford
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree with what they are saying, I will second AVF. The guy who works on the 8.8's down there know his stuff, very knowledgeable and can answer anything you throw at him.

66gtk
05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe you need a 9". I hear those are "Bullitt" proof..

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Looks like you have some pretty good avice on this one here. It should still be under warranty I hope.

FORDSVTPARTS
05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe you need a 9". I hear those are "Bullitt" proof..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/FORDSVTPARTS/Funny%20pics/You-Are-Disappointing_bongo.jpg

It does sound quite odd, the 8.8 is an incredibly tough rear end, don't accept the response you got from Dokmo.

Dazed1
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Sounds really suspicious. Remember that the rear end in a Bullitt is the same one that is in the GT500, yes it's true. No way it should have blew up..... Since you are a fellow Bullitt head you may want to check out / join this site http://www.imboc.com/forums/index.php
These are all Bullitt owners and have done and seen just about any problem a Bullitt may have had. From 2001 models to the 2008 and 2009's

Mike