PDA

View Full Version : August 24 - Cruise to Amery

LadyCobra
08-19-2013, 04:08 PM
For those wanting to cruise together to the Amery Autocross and hang out for the day (or race/ride along if you didn't make the sign up)

6:15/6:30 - Breakfast at McDonald's in Hudson, WI
6:45am - Departing for Amery, Driving through Baldwin

McDonalds - Map for Location (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&q=2411+Crest+View+Drive,+Hudson,+WI%E2%80%8E&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=2411+Crest+View+Dr,+Hudson,+WI+54016&gl=us&ei=bzcMTIajLY2Dngf_hO2JAg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ8gEwAA)

Earlier we get there, the better the parking spots to watch the cars and the course all day. Spots are filling up earlier now that word has caught on so want to be there as early as we can.

Please post up if you plan to meet us so we know who to watch for that morning. Thanks!

Any questions, just let me know!

:fork:

Who's In?
. HELLFYR/LadyCobra
. blckmgc
. Roush
. Dazed1 +1
. TF2v97SN
. Drop top

blckmgc
08-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm in.

Roush
08-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Giggity!

Dazed1
08-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Ding ding I'll be there +1 :-):-)

66gtk
08-20-2013, 09:08 AM
For those that have been to this event in that past - do you know of any stations in WI along the way or near the airport (preferably) that sell 93 octane or even 92? I'd like to drive out the remainder of my fuel on the drive out there as I have 1/3 of a tank of 91. Since it will be hot this weekend, I'd rather not take any chances with heat soak and such.

Also, registration is from 8-9 AM. Is there really a need to arrive so early? I've never been there before, so does it run out of room or something? Are you simply trying to secure a good view/spot? I have another friend who is trailering his car that is bringing up my 10x10 tent since I can't bring it in my car. He isn't planning to get there until 8:30. Will there be no place to set up shade by then? Again, first time so I have no clue.

Troy

LadyCobra
08-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Yes there is a BP at the exit after Hudson that has at least 92 octane.

And yes, we arrive early to get the best spot to setup our 10x10 tents and parking. There's really only one area to setup tents since everything else is grass/parking for vehicles.

Roush
08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes there is a BP at the exit after Hudson that has at least 92 octane.

And yes, we arrive early to get the best spot to setup our 10x10 tents and parking. There's really only one area to setup tents since everything else is grass/parking for vehicles.

I just bought a new 10x10 to add :)

LadyCobra
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
I just bought a new 10x10 to add :)

Good because ours is in rough shape after last trip to Amery. Not sure gonna have enough time this week to go look at a new one.

Roush
08-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Good because ours is in rough shape after last trip to Amery. Not sure gonna have enough time this week to go look at a new one.

Menards has them for $59.99, and no plastic feet!!!

TF2v97SN
08-21-2013, 07:25 AM
IN

66gtk
08-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Likely in, but if I can't meet up with you at McD's, can somebody save me a spot with you guys? I have a commercial 10x10.

HELLFYR
08-21-2013, 11:45 AM
All I can say, is don't be late. They are dead serious that if you miss or are late to the drivers meeting, you don't get to run the track at all that day. They want people there early to help outline cones, walk the course, empty everything out of your car, and run through your cars "critical components" (on your honor).

Saving spots is tough. REALLY tough. Parking is a premium at this event.

Just avoid the hassle, get up early and travel with the group.

Rod

drop top
08-21-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm in with the sweed speedster, lol

xr7
08-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm probably going to go directly to Amery, see you all there, I'll bring my 10x10 for some shade.

66gtk
08-22-2013, 10:31 AM
All I can say, is don't be late. They are dead serious that if you miss or are late to the drivers meeting, you don't get to run the track at all that day. They want people there early to help outline cones, walk the course, empty everything out of your car, and run through your cars "critical components" (on your honor).

Saving spots is tough. REALLY tough. Parking is a premium at this event.

Just avoid the hassle, get up early and travel with the group.

Rod

Do you keep your cars with you where your personal tents are when they are not running, or do they stay parked in their groups all day somewhere else? Are the areas where you are intending on "tenting" paved or grass (depends on what I bring to anchor). Like I said, my tent is arriving in another guy's truck so I won't have it early with me to put in my "spot".

Roush
08-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you keep your cars with you where your personal tents are when they are not running, or do they stay parked in their groups all day somewhere else? Are the areas where you are intending on "tenting" paved or grass (depends on what I bring to anchor). Like I said, my tent is arriving in another guy's truck so I won't have it early with me to put in my "spot".

The cars are very close, they park right behind us on the grass with everyone. 20ft away roughly depending on how early you show up.

LadyCobra
08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Everyone parks in the grass. Tent will be in the grass.

No you don't park with your run "group". You park where you get a spot to park when you get there (hence why we get there early so we can grab best viewing spots and park car by where our 10x10 tents are at)

HELLFYR
08-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Also it is important to notify that you CANNOT just keep your tent by your car. There is one row of tents by the tarmac and that is it.
The parking space is too "valuable" to be eaten up with tents all over the place. The other option would be to pit away from the
action and put your tent up there. Not sure where that would be, but there are a few areas I can think of.

66gtk
08-23-2013, 05:01 PM
put me on the list for McDs