PDA

View Full Version : All Ford show & Swap @ Midway Ford this Saturday!

FoxStangX3
09-09-2013, 03:12 PM

66gtk
09-09-2013, 06:18 PM
This has been a great show in the past. Not a large one, but lots of different variety.

LadyCobra
09-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Also agree - great show! I'll be at a conference all day so will miss it this year :(

drop top
09-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Solid maybe

HELLFYR
09-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Hmmm.... that means cleaning... ugh... un-motivated

Dazed1
09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Plus Elko is that night...... LOL

HELLFYR
09-13-2013, 06:59 AM
I am considering this since I did a minor cleanup on the car last night. Anyone else going to this show ?

drop top
09-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Still at maybe

FoxStangX3
09-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Rain is supposed to hold off until late afternoon. Come on out!

LadyCobra
09-13-2013, 08:22 PM
My conference was canceled so we'll be there :fork:

FoxStangX3
09-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks to all who attended our show today (we had 100 registered vehicles)!

HELLFYR
09-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Decent show... gotta say though, a show where NO car newer than 1969 wins an award is really going to keep people from coming out.
The really sad part is, that HALF of the cars that won awards were not the cream-of-the-crop at the show. It was one good-ole-boy voting for another good-ole-boy. If all the cars were exceptional, different story, then I can see how every newer car would get shut-out. But that was FAR from the case.

The Shakopee show is already boycotted by MANY local car groups for this exact same reason.
Please, don't let this show fall into the same situation.

The announcer needs work too. The music being played literally was putting people to sleep.
Car show music needs to be snappy and up-beat, not something you'd here in an elevator or at a funeral.

Just my $.02

FoxStangX3
09-16-2013, 05:35 PM
I'll pass on the music request to the DJ. As far as the winning cars, there were only about 5 cars newer than 69 in the show. We can't decide who the participants vote for, but if you want more newer cars, get your friends who own them to come to next year's show. Thanks for your attendance, and by the way if I was able to vote, I would have voted for yours. Nice Mustang!

Decent show... gotta say though, a show where NO car newer than 1969 wins an award is really going to keep people from coming out.
The really sad part is, that HALF of the cars that won awards were not the cream-of-the-crop at the show. It was one good-ole-boy voting for another good-ole-boy. If all the cars were exceptional, different story, then I can see how every newer car would get shut-out. But that was FAR from the case.

The Shakopee show is already boycotted by MANY local car groups for this exact same reason.

The announcer needs work too. The music being played literally was putting people to sleep.
Car show music needs to be snappy and up-beat, not something you'd here in an elevator or at a funeral.

Just my $.02

HELLFYR
09-17-2013, 06:27 PM
No worries and thanks for listening. :)

ZephyrEFI
09-17-2013, 08:38 PM

Interesting. My dad and I have had real issues with who got trophies every time we've been there. Glad we're not the only ones! Has anyone talked to a rep from that club?

By the way, I missed the Midway show by half a day of putting the car back together, otherwise I would have been there.