PDA

View Full Version : The New Mustang

ZephyrEFI
12-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Thoughts? I think its proportions are beautiful. It really looks like a modern car. The interior looks great too! I guess I'll reserve judgment until they are available to drive, but it looks to me like it really is what it could have been all along in recent versions. I wouldn't be surprised if it out-handled the hell out of the Camaro.

As for cons, I'm really disappointed that it's still so big. I don't understand why that's necessary considering they say they totally went back to the drawing board. Also, price. It's doesn't seem like it's an everyman's car like it used to be. We would forgive it's shortcomings in the past because it was always such a good value. It seems to me like the Mustang has slipped into the Thunderbird's role, as the technology & performance leader of Ford's line-up. It would be interesting to me to know how the '05 and up cars compare in interior volume to the last high-volume Thunderbird from '97. The Mustang used to slot below it, and be a simple, raw car that was all about bang for the buck. This new Mustang isn't that at all.

BlackFink
12-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm sure the 2015 model well reach out to a new generation. I don't care for it because it looks like a Foreign car.

HELLFYR
12-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I like it. Has the Aston Martin feel without the pricetag.
Will reserve final judgement until I drive one.

sonicx
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
The 2015 Mustang has a 107.1-inch wheelbase, and despite actually looking longer than the 2014 model in person, it's one fifth of an inch shorter overall. The most dynamic change of dimension, though, is the width. The rear track has been stretched from 62.1 to 64.9 inches, and the car is 1.5 inches wider overall.

I think the overall styling makes it look noticeably more aggressive, athletic and planted. Ford already has it lowered 1.4 inches vs the 2014.

The suspension has finally be addressed to what Mustang addicts have been crying for years: IRS. And it's just not the same current platform either. Rather, it resulted in an all new set-up: a double-ball-joint independent setup with MacPherson struts in place of the reverse-L setup of the current car.

The six-speed automatic the first time will feature genuine paddle shifters. :)

Lastly, look inside the cabin... Passenger volume is up from 81 cubic feet to 84.5, with more leg, shoulder and hip room in front.

Cmon this mustang is the best PERIOD.

TMatt142
12-10-2013, 03:33 AM
I love it.... Not so much as to get rid of my 11' but I think it was inevitable. Besides, the first renditions of 1st gen cars usually are just an inkling of their potential. Still not quite sold on the tail light portion of the car but overall I think it's pretty cool.